91cdfR03HkL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
71Q2D-XDOaL._SL1200_ (resized).jpg
289179 (resized).jpg
thesadies-1024x1024 (resized).jpeg
685fb40fde7e1e414ccfaf995ae94ce2 (resized).jpg
mbid-bd244f62-cb82-4afa-8b14-22e7d9055834-16663819150 (resized).jpg
a15048710022067178368 (resized).jpg
sexpistols_nevermind_cd_lg (resized).jpg
There are 862 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 18.
#351 6 years ago

6511241E4E874BEDAC22A012523C58B8 (resized).jpg6511241E4E874BEDAC22A012523C58B8 (resized).jpg71IWzn9g0SL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg71IWzn9g0SL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg

#352 6 years ago

So many OG hardcore debut albums are front to back.
Bad Brains, Minor Threat, Black Flag, Gorilla Biscuits...
Before I corrected Bad Brains it said Bad Drains lol.

#353 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

All of the Zombies catalog is great ("I Love You" is the best British Invasion song outside of anything by the fab four), but this album truly delivers. Was lucky enough to see the original (and new) line up a few months ago. Seeing Chris White sing and play bass with Colin and Rod was magical.

Speaking of the Zombies and perfect albums, lead singer, Colin Blunstone, released his debut LP in 1971 entitled: One Year.

Arguably, it's a perfect album. Tracks like Caroline Goodbye and Smokey Day are timeless.

Nevertheless, pure perfection is achieved in the 5th track, a haunting 3 1/2 minute song entitled: Though You Are Far Away.

While searching for a link on Youtube to that song, my 15 year-old daughter (who plays the piano) overheard Blunstone's evocative vocals and the song's stirring piano composition. She folded her laptop and wandered toward my computer: "Dad, what is that beautiful song? I want to play it." She stood next to my desk, silent until the song ended. "Magnificent," she declared, as she returned to her bedroom. Check out the perfection for yourself...

MI0000600818 (resized).jpgMI0000600818 (resized).jpg

#354 6 years ago

BAD DRAINS. One of you nerds needs to start a cover band asap.

#355 6 years ago

First video has to be shot in O-Din's garage...

#356 6 years ago

All Bad Brains songs, but lyrics switched up to accommodate pinball. Every track.
Let's DO THIS!

#357 6 years ago

Big Head Todd and the Monsters - Midnight Radio

Great album top to bottom. Even better if you can catch them at Red Rocks.

#358 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

All Bad Brains songs, but lyrics switched up to accommodate pinball. Every track.
Let's DO THIS!

Fly on out.
I have everything but a drum kit.
I can start sketching up the shirts in the meantime though...
Easy stuff.
Switch to lightning flipper for lightning bolt going into capitol...err...pinball.

Bad Drains track list:

1) Flailin' On
2) Don't Need It (An Extra Ball)
3) NIB Attitude
4) The Tilt Bob
5) Banned until 1976
6) KME Calling
7) Supertouchytilt/PAPA Shitfit
8 ) Leaving Paragon
9) Fearless GC Killers
10) I
11) Stern Cash Grab
12) Golden Sac Rack
13) Bally/Williams Brigade
14) I Luv I EM
15) Initials

Good brain fart Gryszzz!

#359 6 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Dio is amazing. Not a single song on that album is better than War Pigs.

Dio sang War Pigs for years.

He did not try to emulate Ozzy, he simply growled it out in Dio style.

Not the best audio, but it gives you an idea of how it was in 1980 with Sabbath:

Here you can hear Ozzy and Dio war pigging it together:

Or here you can hear Rob Halford singing it with Sabbath:

#360 6 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Nevertheless, pure perfection is achieved in the 5th track, a haunting 3 1/2 minute song entitled: Though You Are Far Away.

Brilliant, never heard of it/him before. Thanks for the tip! Made me think of three other perfect album in my eyes/ears, though, and here I'm straying away from the otherwise pretty rock heavy (hah) path of this thread:

Joni Mitchell - Blue:

Radka Toneff & Steve Dobrogosz - Fairytales:

Jan Johansson - Jazz på svenska ("Jazz in Swedish"):

#361 6 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Speaking of the Zombies and perfect albums, lead singer, Colin Blunstone, released his debut LP in 1971 entitled: One Year.
Arguably, it's a perfect album. Tracks like Caroline Goodbye and Smokey Day are timeless.
While searching for a link on Youtube to that song, my 15 year-old daughter (who plays the piano) overheard Blunstone's evocative vocals and the song's stirring piano composition. She folded her laptop and wandered toward my computer: "Dad, what is that beautiful song? I want to play it." She stood next to my desk, silent until the song ended. "Magnificent," she declared, as she returned to her bedroom. Check out the perfection for yourself...
» YouTube video

The only Colin solo thing I've heard is his track with Alan Parsons (Old and Wise), which he did live with The Zombies. I'll have to check out One Year. I know he isn't a composer, but his voice is truly unique.

#362 6 years ago

Can't believe no one put this forth yet. I was obsessed with this recording for years. Other than Signal to Noise, this was the end of his high mark.

US (resized).jpgUS (resized).jpg

#363 6 years ago

IMG_0481 (resized).PNGIMG_0481 (resized).PNG

#364 6 years ago

Transplants self titled debut. Makes me wanna go kick someones ass everytime I listen to it. Lol. Might be an aquired taste for some but I loved every song the first time I heard it.

#365 6 years ago

Totally agree with this one, but I prefer the original album cover. Waters is a genius. Going to see him for the billionth time on October 13th. Can't wait.

For what it's worth, The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking, Amused to Death and his most recent release, Is This the Life We Really Want are all excellent and perfect to me. I know a lot of people aren't into the Final Cut because they think it's basically a Waters solo album, but it remains one of my favourite Floyd albums also. I obsessed over that album for much of my teen years.

Pros (resized).jpgPros (resized).jpgAmused-to-Death (resized).jpgAmused-to-Death (resized).jpgLife (resized).jpgLife (resized).jpgFinal (resized).jpgFinal (resized).jpg

#366 6 years ago

If anyone is into early Belgian punk, this is hands down the best album to come out of Europe in the 70's. Literally every track on this LP will make you dance. Their second album (naughty kids) is the same. It just kills. They basically came out back to back and rage the entire time.

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg

hqdefault (1) (resized).jpghqdefault (1) (resized).jpg

#367 6 years ago

Also, I don't want to sound like the stereotypical Canadian, but these were pretty life-changing albums for me. Perfection is a good word for them. I don't think Trouble at the Henhouse left my car's CD player for six months in the Summer/Fall of 1996. I've ruined (from use and abuse) and repurchased several copies of that particular album.

I also want to point out that there's a whole lot of shit in the Hip catalog. But these albums are all gold.

Henhouse (resized).jpgHenhouse (resized).jpg

Dayfornight (resized).jpgDayfornight (resized).jpg

phantom (resized).jpgphantom (resized).jpg

#368 6 years ago

Here is one I have always liked. It is kind of obscure I think and I'm not even sure what category to put this in. "Catchy rock/pop/new wave"? I don't know. But, it is an album full of great songs. The songwriting and musicianship are really good.

Skyhooks - Ego is Not a Dirty Word

220px-Ego_is_not (resized).jpg220px-Ego_is_not (resized).jpg

#369 6 years ago

Don't know if this 1 qualifies, but the sound track to the movie American graffiti is a classic

#370 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

1) Flailin' On
2) Don't Need It (An Extra Ball)
3) NIB Attitude
4) The Tilt Bob
5) Banned until 1976
6) KME Calling
7) Supertouchytilt/PAPA Shitfit
8 ) Leaving Paragon
9) Fearless GC Killers
10) I
11) Stern Cash Grab
12) Golden Sac Rack
13) Bally/Williams Brigade
14) I Luv I EM
15) Initials

This. Is. PERFECT!
I ❤ YOU NIMBLETHIMBLE!

#371 6 years ago

Flailin' On....LOL.

#372 6 years ago

Guns n roses and Alice in chains have multiple great albums. Radiohead ok computer, early jack johnson and Ben Harper.

#373 6 years ago

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg

Unknown-1 (resized).jpegUnknown-1 (resized).jpeg

MI0003019923 (resized).jpgMI0003019923 (resized).jpg

R-2186086-1269862269.jpeg (resized).jpgR-2186086-1269862269.jpeg (resized).jpg

R-197163-1475590932-6411.jpeg (resized).jpgR-197163-1475590932-6411.jpeg (resized).jpg

s-l300 (resized).jpgs-l300 (resized).jpg

#374 6 years ago

I played "Billy the Mountain" a lot from that Mothers' LP.

#375 6 years ago

This album has It all!

R-2359745-1295150282.jpeg (resized).jpgR-2359745-1295150282.jpeg (resized).jpg

#376 6 years ago

The Buzzcocks had lots of good albums, but the only perfect one was Flat Pack Philosophy (2006).

They did it after they reformed, so some fans think it's less pure, but it's their strongest material by far.

Instead of again trying to emulate their early sound, they finally just sat down and wrote a dozen hits.

MI0000716625 (resized).jpgMI0000716625 (resized).jpg

There is no way you can listen to that track and not have it stuck in your head for a week.

#379 6 years ago

Can't believe this one is over thirty years old now. Some radio hits and some quirky weird B sides on Side 2 make this whole album a great listen from start to finish.

IMG_4991 (resized).JPGIMG_4991 (resized).JPG

#380 6 years ago

Where are all the bass players?

Jaco_Pastorius_(1976) (resized).JPGJaco_Pastorius_(1976) (resized).JPG

#381 6 years ago
Quoted from Masspinballfan:

Can't believe this one is over thirty years old now. Some radio hits and some quirky weird B sides on Side 2 make this whole album a great listen from start to finish.

You want Peter Gabriel's best? Than look no further than this:

The_Lamb_Lies_Down_on_Broadway (resized).jpgThe_Lamb_Lies_Down_on_Broadway (resized).jpg

#382 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

You want Peter Gabriel's best? Than look no further than this:

Yea I wish PG had never left Genesis.

#383 6 years ago

I'm gonna have to get sexy on you. Pinside.

LoveDeluxeTourEuropeanProgamme1993 (resized).jpgLoveDeluxeTourEuropeanProgamme1993 (resized).jpg

#384 6 years ago

Umm yeah...
This is more Pinside's speed.

IMG_6190 (resized).JPGIMG_6190 (resized).JPG

#385 6 years ago

Or this!

giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png

#386 6 years ago

Some of these have been mentioned already.

Ridiculously re-listenable
220px-Scorpions_Backout (resized).png220px-Scorpions_Backout (resized).png

Great "theme" album that really is tightly integrated.
Green_Day_-_American_Idiot_cover (resized).jpgGreen_Day_-_American_Idiot_cover (resized).jpg

Another fantastic theme album. (I regret not seeing this live when I had the chance)
Queensryche_-_Operation_Mindcrime_cover (resized).jpgQueensryche_-_Operation_Mindcrime_cover (resized).jpg

Stanley Jordan is a guitarist that plays instrumental covers and jazz and has an great instrumental cover of Stairway to Heaven on this
MI0002472543 (resized).jpgMI0002472543 (resized).jpg

Undeniable. This album is as close to production perfection as it gets.
Michael_Jackson_-_Thriller (resized).pngMichael_Jackson_-_Thriller (resized).png

Another instrumental guitarist with my favorite version of While my Guitar Gently Weeps on this album.
Vinnie_Moore_Time_Odyssey (resized).jpgVinnie_Moore_Time_Odyssey (resized).jpg

Genius at work delivering this delicious musical truffle.
Princepurplerain (resized).jpgPrincepurplerain (resized).jpg

Punk rock with a message. Love these guys, and a rowdy cover of Singin' in the Rain on this album.
R-768467-1159307729.jpeg (resized).jpgR-768467-1159307729.jpeg (resized).jpg

FANTASTIC Rock album with some crazy lyrical constructs. The guitar work on this album is unbelievably tight.
R-3182219-1369496293-2923.jpeg (resized).jpgR-3182219-1369496293-2923.jpeg (resized).jpg

#387 6 years ago

BAD DRAINS coming for ya world tour 2020.

#388 6 years ago

Bridge of Sighs, Nevermind the Bollocks, Heaven and Hell, The Wall,London Calling, Aja, and many others already listed are all great examples. Now I know I cheated by adding a compilation album in my response (I don't follow directions well and if you don't like it, you can substitute "Keep Laughing" by Rich Kids on LSD for instead of my C.D.B. choice). And to think someone put the Dwarves up too! (unexpected and nice! seen them a few times, always fun!!)

My list is:
Beauty and the Beat - Go-Gos
Horse Bites Dog Cries - D.I.
Peace Through Vandalism - The Vandals
The Day the Country Died - SUBHUMANS
Decade of Hits - Charlie Daniels Band
Moving Pictures - Rush
Vol4 - Black Sabbath
It's Alive - Ramones (It's a live album, not a compilation. 28 of their best songs played double time back in 77... has to be on any list)

8albums (resized).jpg8albums (resized).jpg

#389 6 years ago

A couple I had forgotten. Both of these are probably perfect to me.

Summer land! Just the name on the map. Seems like heaven to me.

Also lost highway soundtrack. Not exactly on topic. But perhaps my favorite soundtrack.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#390 6 years ago

#391 6 years ago

Damn
I forgot all about Filter's Short Bus, I wore out that CD. Miss the times when that was the popular music, now what do we have, oh yeah shit.

#392 6 years ago

61xDj4EVGTL (resized).jpg61xDj4EVGTL (resized).jpg

#393 6 years ago

#394 6 years ago

I stand firmly behind this classic. It's quirky and fun and full of perfection:

gordon (resized).jpggordon (resized).jpg

#395 6 years ago
Quoted from cooke:

you just ruined my post, doesn't look right now at all. Thanks

#396 6 years ago

IMG_3378 (resized).JPGIMG_3378 (resized).JPG

#397 6 years ago

It's not hard rock, but every song is good.

Supertramp_-_Breakfast_in_America (resized).jpgSupertramp_-_Breakfast_in_America (resized).jpg

#398 6 years ago
Quoted from cooke:

Officially de-railed the thread with that one!

#399 6 years ago

A lot of albums come damn near close, but have that ONE track you always skip. I'm missing a ton of my favs here because of that rule (RH:Kid A - Tree Fingers, Pumpkins:Siamese Dream - Spaceboy).

Some bands put like 1 or 2 stinkers on an album every time, killing the vibe/flow. Some even manage to sneak like 1 bad chord progression/part into every good song they write, nearly ruining it (Alice in Chains, Soundgarden).

List based on straight listen, no skips + taking the listener somewhere. No flow disruption, but also not repetitive.

Did not list obvious (Beatles, LZ, PF) and most the already mentioned.

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg

download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg

download (3) (resized).jpgdownload (3) (resized).jpg

download (4) (resized).jpgdownload (4) (resized).jpg

download (2) (resized).pngdownload (2) (resized).png

Talking Heads - Remain in Light (1980) (resized).jpgTalking Heads - Remain in Light (1980) (resized).jpg

download (5) (resized).jpgdownload (5) (resized).jpg

download (6) (resized).jpgdownload (6) (resized).jpg

download (7) (resized).jpgdownload (7) (resized).jpg

download (8) (resized).jpgdownload (8) (resized).jpg

download (10) (resized).jpgdownload (10) (resized).jpg

download (11) (resized).jpgdownload (11) (resized).jpg

download (12) (resized).jpgdownload (12) (resized).jpg

download (13) (resized).jpgdownload (13) (resized).jpg

download (14) (resized).jpgdownload (14) (resized).jpg

download (15) (resized).jpgdownload (15) (resized).jpg

download (16) (resized).jpgdownload (16) (resized).jpg

#400 6 years ago

Vital Remains - Dechristianize

There are 862 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gimmie-a-perfect-album/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.