91cdfR03HkL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
71Q2D-XDOaL._SL1200_ (resized).jpg
289179 (resized).jpg
thesadies-1024x1024 (resized).jpeg
685fb40fde7e1e414ccfaf995ae94ce2 (resized).jpg
mbid-bd244f62-cb82-4afa-8b14-22e7d9055834-16663819150 (resized).jpg
a15048710022067178368 (resized).jpg
sexpistols_nevermind_cd_lg (resized).jpg
There are 862 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 18.
#551 6 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Crashdiet - Savage Playground. Although the singer left part way through the follow up tour....

At least he didn't leave the same way their first singer did.

I have a soft spot for that kind of glam/hard rock and the Swedes definitely have a knack for it. Ever hear of Jet Circus?

#552 6 years ago

RUSH...........Alll of their albums from RUSH 1 to signals , I would say are perfect. No need to fast forward any of their songs.

#553 6 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

RUSH...........Alll of their albums from RUSH 1 to signals , I would say are perfect. No need to fast forward any of their songs.

Funny you say that, I've been listening to Rush all morning. I'm good with everything up until around Test for Echo but Presto will always be the one if I had to pick. That probably has more to do with where I was in life when it came out than anything else.

#554 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

At least he didn't leave the same way their first singer did

Yeah, no shit...Dave Lepard's albums were pretty good too. Raw and edgy. Will check out Jet Circus after work. The Swedish glam rock is pretty amazing. A lot of good song writing.

1 week later
#555 6 years ago

Fight - for what you believe to be right;
Crushing with all your might;
I laugh at their beautiful cries;
They run from the fire in my eyes.

Nothing can save them now.... you'll learn a Lesson in Violence.
Get on your knees and bow... or learn a Lesson in Violence!

#556 6 years ago

She Wants Revenge is doing their anniversary tour right now.

This album is so badassed in so many ways; it gets more clever every time you play it.

The drone of doom, where you know somebody is going to get their throat slit.

51dpB2qWvuL (resized).jpg51dpB2qWvuL (resized).jpg

Red Flags and Long Nights
------------------------------

Sick of trying to find a way inside
Sick and tired of all the after

Sick of trying to find a way to slide
Even though it always ends in laughter

Its never hard to tell when things are done
She looked into my eyes and a voice said.....RUN

She says that I'm a mess but its alright
Whether its 2 weeks, 2 years or just tonight

You can occupy my every sigh,
You can rent a space inside my mind
At least until the price becomes too...high

I can find a reason that we should quit
I can find a reason to do it
I can find excuses for all my shit
She tells me just to work right through it

She's pretty and I like her but she's too well
Cause I need red flags and long nights and she can tell

It's not that it's my fault it's just my style
Beginning with a look and then a smile

She don't need a thing, she don't need saving or a lay
Shes got all the friends around and you can hear them say:
He's not into you, he's into the idea of...
But little do they know that she's not through

You can occupy my every sigh,
You can rent a space inside my mind
At least until the price becomes too....high

#557 6 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#558 6 years ago

The War On Drugs - A Deeper Understanding album is amazing.

8C10A468-2206-49EB-95CB-A3AF697692B1 (resized).jpeg8C10A468-2206-49EB-95CB-A3AF697692B1 (resized).jpeg

#559 6 years ago

Sports, and Fore! by Huey Lewis and the News.

#560 6 years ago
Quoted from maglar:

Sports, and Fore! by Huey Lewis and the News.

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

#561 6 years ago

A Perfect Circle, Thirteenth Step:

Metallica, Master of Puppets:

Filter, Title of Record:

#562 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

He's been compared to Elvis Costello but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

I was wondering where you got a bizarre notion like this, then I see you stole the line from the movie "American Pyscho"

#563 6 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

A Perfect Circle, Thirteenth Step: » YouTube video

Got tickets to see them in two weeks, can't wait!

Quoted from boscokid:

I was wondering where you got a bizarre notion like this, then I see you stole the line from the movie "American Pyscho"

Lol yeah it kind of gets quoted every time Huey Lewis gets brought up these days but sure, I "stole" it.

edit: and tying it all back together...

#564 6 years ago

The Regrettes "Feel Your Feelings Fool!"

A band that is a mix of punk and 60s girl group.

Check this video because somehow the singer, Lydia Night, has a Fender Swinger guitar (there are like 100 of those on the earth).

NSFW:

1486357748162 (resized).jpg1486357748162 (resized).jpg

#565 6 years ago

Hey Vid, ever heard of the Sadies?! I think u would dig them for sure! Canadian band keepin it real!! Love em!

#566 6 years ago

Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds - Tender Prey

Tender-Prey1-768x768 (resized).jpgTender-Prey1-768x768 (resized).jpg

#567 6 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds - Tender Prey

Great album. I've been stuck on The Boatman's Call this year but it's quite different from his earlier stuff.

#568 6 years ago

We saw these guys about 3 weeks ago. I've listened to this one every day since. Killer

#569 6 years ago

IMG_1714 (resized).PNGIMG_1714 (resized).PNG

1 week later
#570 6 years ago

The Sex Pistols - Never Mind
Sigur Ros - ( )
Blue Oyster Cult - Secret Treaties
The Cult - Love
Spiritualized - Lazer Guided Melodies
Nazareth - Hair Of the Dog
AC/DC - Back In Black
Led Zeppelin - IV
Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance
The Doors - The Doors

#571 6 years ago

Delete (resized).PNGDelete (resized).PNG

#572 6 years ago

Delete (resized).PNGDelete (resized).PNG

#573 6 years ago

Babyanimals-selftitled (resized).jpgBabyanimals-selftitled (resized).jpg

#574 6 years ago

Damn, that takes me back! I wouldn't call it a perfect album but holy shit did I listen to Painless a million times. One or both of their albums is in the basement, probably with Roxette and so forth.

1 week later
#575 6 years ago

My all time fav. Wore out 2 vinyl copies. Both sides are just perfect

816CyNiNKIL._SL1425_ (resized).jpg816CyNiNKIL._SL1425_ (resized).jpg

#576 6 years ago

It has no equal.....

43237DB7-6739-4C1C-A524-9203CF96ABDB (resized).png43237DB7-6739-4C1C-A524-9203CF96ABDB (resized).png

1 week later
#577 6 years ago

Earlier I posted Sweden's Hardcore Superstar. Due to their upcoming tour and a song challenge they had, led me to another band of Swedes.
Band is "Mustasch", name apparently inspired by musicians with these (Iommi, Mercury, Kilmister and such). Listened through all their catalog, and picking up sounds of early Sabbath, Rob Zombie, Metallica and even The Cult. Regardless, I quite enjoy their music now. Latest release "Testosterone" is great all the way through. Posting 2 tracks from there: Yara's Song (based on a true event of a refugee girl mistreated by her uncle and eventually resulting in her death in Sweden), if the video doesn't move you, I would be surprised. Also "Someone" from same album. Third is from earlier release, but gives an idea of their range. Enjoy! Added at end first video from upcoming release too.

Mustasch (resized).jpgMustasch (resized).jpg

#578 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Not sure anyone has mentioned this, but Avalon, the forst solo album by Godsmack front man Sully Erna is one of the best albums I have ever heard. He has an outstanding voice in my opinion.

I bought this recently and just listened to it twice on a road trip. I really liked it, something a bit different compared to his work with Godsmack. A really nice percussion styled and lyric driven album, thanks for the recommendation

#579 6 years ago

Powerwolf. Blood of the saints.

IMG_1785 (resized).PNGIMG_1785 (resized).PNG

#580 6 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Yara's Song (based on a true event of a refugee girl mistreated by her uncle and eventually resulting in her death in Sweden), if the video doesn't move you, I would be surprised.

Video was too violent for American audiences and is banned by Youtube in the States.

You have to hide your American IP, or go to Vimeo:

https://vimeo.com/139660903

2 months later
#581 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Going way back to this one.
The Afghan Whigs practically invented the Mobster Soul genre, and Black Love was the pinnacle of their craft.
Dark, driven, smoky and sometimes moments away from flying apart, theses are all great songs for a night of drinking.

Bumping to say thanks to Vid. I was only vaguely familiar with this one but on his recommendation I started listening to it.

Just fantastic. Dark, threatening, flawed, regretful, perfect. It opens with the lyric "tonight I say goodbye/to everyone who loves me." Vocals reminds me of the Stones for some reason. Can't stop listening to it.

Thanks Mister Nineteenhunnit

Edit: the whole album seems to tell a story and when it culminates in the last five songs it's as good as anything I've heard

#582 6 years ago

Weezer-Blue album

#583 6 years ago

Kind of missed this thread, so many great mentions.

- Queensryche: Rage for Order
- Metallica: Ride the Lightning
- The Tragically Hip: Fully Completely

And of course...

97C2DCFD-E02D-48A5-9F83-80FEA5BDCE9B (resized).jpeg97C2DCFD-E02D-48A5-9F83-80FEA5BDCE9B (resized).jpeg

7 months later
#584 5 years ago

I have added this to my short list. I listen to it daily now.

The orb

#585 5 years ago

Bands often nail it on their first try. The Doors, In the Court of The Crimson King, Zeppelin l, Disraeli Gears... there are many more examples.

#586 5 years ago

Just saw this topic for the first time as well.

Without question, for both my wife and I, the one album that came to mind instantly was this;

Muse - BHnR (resized).jpgMuse - BHnR (resized).jpg

MUSE - Black Holes and Revelations

Every track is awesome, and every track is different. From soaring synthesizers, to jamming speed metal, to spanish guitar, to incredible Queen-like vocal harmonies, this album has it all.

Later,
EV

#587 5 years ago

Oh, and how can I forget Up To Here by the Tragically Hip.... a fantastic first album front to back by a great Canadian band. For a while I was puzzled and disappointed they never hit it big in the US but then it became a plus for me - they were “our” band. RIP Gord Downie

#588 5 years ago

Springsteen- born in the USA. Every track is good on that album

59F122FC-02A6-4A8D-AE3B-861A79AEAB44 (resized).jpeg59F122FC-02A6-4A8D-AE3B-861A79AEAB44 (resized).jpeg
#589 5 years ago

Great Neo-Progressive album from 1987. Every song is fantastic. Marillion Clutching at Straws

Album_cover_marillion_clutching_at_straws (resized).jpgAlbum_cover_marillion_clutching_at_straws (resized).jpg
#590 5 years ago

Tragically Hip - Fully Completely album.

L8542037 (resized).JPGL8542037 (resized).JPG
#591 5 years ago

I feel like this was perfection. The fact Cantrell was puking in a bucket live between songs still amazes me.

68724C8D-37E9-4EBD-B878-9F3F213CF629 (resized).jpeg68724C8D-37E9-4EBD-B878-9F3F213CF629 (resized).jpeg

#592 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

Springsteen- born in the USA. Every track is good on that album

I never though I'd see that on a list of perfect albums.

Most real Springsteen fans rate BITUSA and Human Touch as his worst albums.

BITUSA's disc turned a gritty and streetwise Bruce, into a synth-pop inauthentic clown.

Bruce's manager at the time was so annoyed by the demo tracks for the album, that he famously threw a GUITAR at him and said "Go write me some actual hit songs!" (little did he know that BS's worst songs ever would have the most appeal to the masses).

The title track repeats those same 6 synth notes 90,000 times in both the verse and chorus

Same with Dancing in the Dark, flat sounding synth, repeating the chorus melody note for note

The supergay cover is just a picture of his ass.

Radio stations in the States would have "Bruce Buster !!!!"[monster truck voice] weekends, where they would advertise they were not playing any BS, so it was safe to listen for 48 hours.

rs-115382-501e471ed6859bc77dd31a0688c19dafc2f95e5e (resized).jpgrs-115382-501e471ed6859bc77dd31a0688c19dafc2f95e5e (resized).jpg
#593 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I never though I'd see that on a list of perfect albums.
Most real Springsteen fans rate BITUSA and Human Touch as his worst albums.
BITUSA's disc turned a gritty and streetwise Bruce, into a synth-pop inauthentic clown.
Bruce's manager at the time was so annoyed by the demo tracks for the album, that he famously threw a GUITAR at him and said "Go write me some actual hit songs!" (little did he know that BS's worst songs ever would have the most appeal to the masses).
The title track repeats those same 6 synth notes 90,000 times in both the verse and chorus
Same with Dancing in the Dark, flat sounding synth, repeating the chorus melody note for note
The supergay cover is just a picture of his ass.
Radio stations in the States would have "Bruce Buster !!!!"[monster truck voice] weekends, where they would advertise they were not playing any BS, so it was safe to listen for 48 hours. [quoted image]

See, I love all his albums. Human touch was bad I agree. Arguably it isn’t his best, I do think darkness on the edge of town and born to run are better. Some could argue the wild, the innocent or the river are better, but born in the USA has always been a goto album to enjoy every track. Plus bobby Jean is my favourite Bruce song

It must hold a special place because it was my first cassette tape, and I wore that thing out!

#594 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

It must hold a special place because it was my first cassette tape, and I wore that thing out!

I wonder if the deck ruined the tape as a form of protest?

" I swear, if I hear those 6 synth notes again, I'm eating that fncking tape! I don't care if he pulls me and replaces me with a Pioneer Supertuner III....." - the deck.

broken-tape-in-car-audio-unit-close-up-2 (resized).jpgbroken-tape-in-car-audio-unit-close-up-2 (resized).jpg
#595 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I wonder if the deck ruined the tape as a form of protest?
" I swear, if I hear those 6 synth notes again, I'm eating that fncking tape! I don't care if he pulls me and replaces me with a Pioneer Supertuner III....." - the deck.[quoted image]

Haha. Cmon now! I think all of his albums are good including that one. Hell, he even did a small jersey tour 4-5 years ago doing born in the USA in it’s entirety

Now, my ex wife put a Taylor swift album in my pc to listen to.. the computer stoped working! True story, it chose to destroy itself rather than play that album

#596 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

Hell, he even did a small jersey tour 4-5 years ago doing born in the USA in it’s entirety

He just did that so Chris Cristy could brag that he cranked off to BS live, 3 nights in a row.

springsteen-eminem (resized).jpgspringsteen-eminem (resized).jpg
#597 5 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Tragically Hip - Fully Completely album.
[quoted image]

The most perfect album of my 20s. I remember going on a 4 day houseboating trip just after it was released and we played Fully Completely almost on a continuous loop the entire weekend. We were still loving it and singing it at the end of the trip. Still one of my favs, never gets old.

#598 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

Springsteen- born in the USA. Every track is good on that album[quoted image]

I’m pretty certain that the concept of that album cover is Bruce peeing on the flag. Shhhhhhh, don’t tell the NFL, if they knew this they might not let him ever play at halftime of the Super Bowl.

Oh, wait a minute...

#599 5 years ago

Weezers Blue Album is perfect to me

#600 5 years ago

Appetite for Destruction - Guns N' Roses
Bad Brains - Bad Brains
Led Zeppelin IV - Led Zeppelin
Pyromania - Def Leppard
Van Halen - Van Halen
The "classic" Rush albums

There are 862 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gimmie-a-perfect-album/page/12?hl=avh7401 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.