Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4174 (resized).jpg
IMG_4175 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).jpg
GI 119-120-121 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Anyone got pictures of J120/121 on the WPC Power Driver board? I'm trying to rescue a severely hacked one and having issues rebuilding the connectors. Wire colors/pin numbers don't seem to match up to the schematic.

Thanks

#2 6 years ago

Can't tell it's 100% correct, made this notes long time ago.

GI 119-120-121 (resized).jpgGI 119-120-121 (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from zaza:

Can't tell it's 100% correct, made this notes long time ago.

Thanks. I had one wire off. Manual says pin 10 in one spot and 11 in another. i chose wrong.

Still having all kinds of issues with multiple locking coils. Next step is to pull the PDB again and test on a rig.

#4 6 years ago

I also currently have no connector on J123. The manual shows that's flashers but i don;t see any dangling connector or wires here.

#5 6 years ago

Maybe coming from the insert panel in the backbox ?, or wrong plugged on J131 ?!

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from zaza:

Maybe coming from the insert panel in the backbox ?, or wrong plugged on J131 ?!

I owe you a beer, sir.

Spot on correct. Was plugged at J131. Answered quite a few other issues I had. Still have no flashers but at least I'm further along now.

Thank you.

#7 6 years ago

Yes, a beer

When plugged like this, the 20 Volt and 70 Volt are only separated by a coil and a flasher making both active all the time.
This can result in a failing capacitor C11 on PDB and fuse F111.

Check for 20 Volt on J106-5.

#8 6 years ago

22V pin 5. 74V pin 1

#9 6 years ago

Got it. Pin 6 on J107 was slightly pulled out of the IDC. Pushed it back in and now i've got flashers. Last issue left is the upper GI fuse blowing after about 7 secs. Slower if i have the brightness turned down. I would think a short would blow it instantly.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from cranie:

upper GI fuse blowing

F108 ? that would be string #3, Yellow only used on the playfield.
Remove all lamps in that string and check sockets + lamps , pinched wires etc.

#11 6 years ago

Yeah I started checking all the sockets in that string. So far nothing. I measured across the fuseholder and I'm seeing 5.2 amps. I pulled all the bulbs in the backbox that are on that string (about 1/2 of it).

Now the GI on the PF and 1/2 the backbox stays lit for about 2 minutes and the draw is 3.5 amps (I've only got a 3 amp breaker)

If it was a short wouldn't the amps stay the same and the fuse go just as quickly?

#12 6 years ago

Can you make a picture of J120/121 ?

#13 6 years ago

IMG_4176 (resized).jpgIMG_4176 (resized).jpg

IMG_4175 (resized).jpgIMG_4175 (resized).jpg

IMG_4174 (resized).jpgIMG_4174 (resized).jpg

#14 6 years ago

Can you pull Wht-Brn from J120-9 and put it on J120-7.
The way it is now, Wht-Brn and Wht-Yel are on the same fuse and possible pulling too much current.

#15 6 years ago

I moved it over and now that string is pulling about 3.2 amps with incandescents. I'm planning and switching to warm white LED's to reduce heat and that should cut a bit more off.

I appreciate the help. Also thank you for all the great info and diagrams you contributed to Pin Wiki.

#16 6 years ago

My pleasure,

And good to see you found the articles in PinWiki. I still keep those pictures within reach when doing board repair, very handy.

1 month later
#17 6 years ago

Connectors at J120 and J121 are reversed. The connector with the brown wire at position 1 should be plugged into 121. The connector with the violet wire at position 6 should be plugged into J120

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gilligans-island-wpc-power-driver-board and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.