Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC00253_(resized).JPG
DSC00235_(resized).JPG
DSC00243_(resized).JPG
DSC00245_(resized).JPG
P5170518_(resized).JPG
P5220545_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Well, I got a Gilligan's Island. That's the good news. The bad news is all the wiring harnesses from the cabinet to the backbox were cut. Basically, whoever moved it thought it would be easier to move if the backbox were completely detached from the cabinet. Fortunately they are color coded, but before I begin splicing them back together, I was wondering if anyone has any leads on replacement harnesses.

Thanks.

Mark

#10 8 years ago

Actually it was free. My neighbor had it in the basement and when they moved, the new homeowners had no interest. Someone then decided to throw it out. I guess the best way to lighten the load is to cut the backbox off and take the playfield out of the cabinet and take it all out to the curb.
It's no so much that I expect to find all the harnessed, but maybe a compatable secondary harness.

2 months later
#16 7 years ago

Well, here we go with plan B

#30 7 years ago

So here are the 3 parts: the cabinet, the playfield, and the underside of the backbox. I was thinking about crimping and using molex connectors but I didn't want all the bulk of the connectors. I decided that I would strip, twist, solder, and shrink tube. Repeat as necessary.

Initially I thought I could put the playfield back in the cabinet, raise it, then put the backbox on the cabinet so the wires would be close together to work on. No way. I decided to bite the bullet and pull the harnesses out and work on a separate bench.

So...step 1.) pull the harness out of the cabinet.

DSC00245_(resized).JPGDSC00245_(resized).JPG

DSC00243_(resized).JPGDSC00243_(resized).JPG

DSC00235_(resized).JPGDSC00235_(resized).JPG

#34 7 years ago

The outlet is in case I want to plug in a lamp and read some Readers Digest next to my pinball machine.

Sorry about the toes. Kinda gross.

#37 7 years ago

Well, the cabinet harness is out, and away we go...

DSC00253_(resized).JPGDSC00253_(resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gilligans-island-wire-harnesses-all-cut?tu=mank and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.