IMG_1057 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1013 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1012 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0985 (resized).png
IMG_0706 (resized).jpeg
8E83CA6F-434C-4692-88D2-416778AD6B40 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0185 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thecnypinguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#210 3 years ago

Hi All

Trying to join the club - been trying for years actually just taking was never in my corner

If anyone knows of a Gilligan coming up for sale

Please let me know

I’m Located in NY

Thank you

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Shame you are not in Western Australia as one just popped up in pretty good condition.

Just a touch out of my reach

But truly thank you for looking

#217 3 years ago
Quoted from Inferno:

There's a decent GI representation in San Pedro CA for $2995. Facebook pinball for sale group has it. I almost thought about picking it up. I know a shipper that will white glove it to the east coast for $500.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/630406413802349/permalink/1853860104790301

Thank you

I think I have found a Gilligan Island !!

When / if I get it I’ll
Official join the Skippers Club

#219 3 years ago

S K I P P E R !!

Finally in the club

445B3479-28EB-40E7-99C4-0F46468D9233 (resized).jpeg445B3479-28EB-40E7-99C4-0F46468D9233 (resized).jpeg
#221 3 years ago

Does anyone have scans of the original apron cards

My Gilligan had no cards on the apron

I can’t really find any decent cards that look like factory ones

Or a link to print is great too

Thanks
James

#223 3 years ago

Yes thank you

Are these directly printable or does resizing need to be done

#224 3 years ago

Hey All

Enjoying my Gilligan but my shells / lagoon shot is very sloppy

It always gets an air ball and results in stuck ball as seen

Any suggestions

Thanks
James

C69DB01A-7087-453E-9178-1F91D32C978D (resized).jpegC69DB01A-7087-453E-9178-1F91D32C978D (resized).jpeg
#227 3 years ago

does the entrance to the shells have a good rubber on the right entrance ?
is the ball guide the right height? some thing not quite right, take a bigger shot of area.

Here is what I have

83EEF109-CBC9-4B3D-A4A1-10F8CEAA2217 (resized).jpeg83EEF109-CBC9-4B3D-A4A1-10F8CEAA2217 (resized).jpeg
#230 3 years ago

The right ball guide of shells lane looks to be tilted back and not 90deg to the playfield. Is the shell insert flat or can it get launched by that risen.
I have pointed with arrow so you can compare yours to what the manual says. Yours is very bent.
[quoted image]

You able to snap a pic of yours for reference

Pretty please

#232 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Looks to me like your ramp mount is busted so there is no support there. Thus the ramp is probably drooping and the space to the ball guide is too narrow.

Yeah, I see that now

Sad to say Ramps are obsolete

3 weeks later
#239 2 years ago
Quoted from Inferno:

Linking a tease to a custom sound package I've been working on for about a year.
I watched every episode of Gilligan's Island. Scraped nearly 1000 voice call outs, grabbed hundreds and hundreds more jingles, music clips, and sound effects. Turned all of these original mono recordings into "pseudo stereo" and normalized them. Looped many musical orchestrations, and various songs to create entirely new music for the game.
Call outs now include Mrs Howell, Ginger, and Mary Ann which (sadly) were missing from the original track.
Focus was around both the Kona episode, (which was a tiki God not a volcano) and the jet pack episode. I recreated the Kona interaction to something to be feared Also, random drain, goal and prize call outs from El Presidente, Wrong way, the Japanese Soldier,
head hunters, and a whole lot more. Because of the randomness of PinSound, every game is different.
PinSound studio is powerful, but the recording functions of their software is buggy as hell. The PinSound folder structure for the original soundtrack is absolute crap. I've had to reverse engineer just about everything. Mislabeled folders, unused triggers, leaves me wondering, if anyone has the original OGG files and triggers from the original ROM?
I'd really like to investigate this if anyone has the original audio. Seriously. I'm curious if some of the artifacts (unused trigger folders) in the PinSound library's "Gilligan's island original" folder is conversion garbage, issues with English interpretation, or leftover junk from the original ROM never called in the game ROM.
In the meantime, if you have a PinSound board for your GI, or were thinking about adding one- I'd be happy to share what I have. PM me. Please note this is still a work in progress. I'm still re-orchestrating some of the reward jingles, and a few other sequences. I also realize that I might have gone overboard on a few items, some random stuff doesn't fit exactly, but again, this is a work in progress and I'm sharing the nearly year worth of effort with this community. It's not perfect, but it sure brings the game to life.
...Now if I can just get Tina Louise to sign the backglass... RIP Mary Ann and the rest of the castaways.
Cheers

Wow !! Very impressive

Now let’s talk code rewrite !!!

#244 2 years ago

My son had one hell of the game while in the Island

What’s are some of your highest scores ??

7B425991-DCB3-46C8-AB44-60A81A9B92F1 (resized).jpeg7B425991-DCB3-46C8-AB44-60A81A9B92F1 (resized).jpeg
#246 2 years ago
Quoted from Mank:

Did he keep hitting the 50,000,000 Kona shot over and over or did he complete everything more then once to relight the Kona shot?

He made it to Kona 2x plus had Bonus Ball

Wouldn’t of believed it myself but holy hell

Great Game !!

#249 2 years ago

Okay folks of the island

I have had this issue since I got on board with my game

Every game I get a premature ramp drop and it will stay down until either the ball comes back down from above or the next ball comes into play

The assembly seems to be working fine with no error and works good in test

Any suggestions- it’s pretty straightforward

Thank you as always

#251 2 years ago
Quoted from Inferno:

So, as the island spins during test (when the game is first turned on) the ramp drops and stays down until a ball comes from underneath? I'm assuming the ramp goes up and down in test right?
have you checked the switch that tells the game the ramp is in the up position? You can see it from underneath. Check the linkage also.

Everything appears fine

Is there logic that it should “know” to be up or down ?

So if it prematurely dropped it corrects itself

#253 2 years ago
Quoted from Inferno:

When you turn on the game the island and ramp cycle through a self test. What is the state of the ramp during this test? Does it ever pop up and down during the self test? Does the game get any error report upon boot?
Did you lift the play field and verify the function? You can also go into switch test mode with the PF up and check the function of the linkage and the ramp switch behavior.
If you are still puzzled
Can you take a video of the ramp behavior during boot sequence?

Hi

Upon boot the island spins but the ramp doesn’t lift or lower at all

If I start a game it goes up tho

So your thinking something isn’t right with that switch ?

#255 2 years ago
Quoted from Inferno:

At what point does it lower causing your issue?

It almost seems 100% random like the catch wiggled far enough to drop the ramp but it’s all snug and I cannot replicate the issue

Should the ramp have “logic”

#257 2 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

There is a switch under the pf associated with the ramp. I cant remember if it lets the game know if the ramp is up or down, but i believe it is similar to the switch used for Whirlwind, so it should be for the ramp being up.

Someone able to send a 20 second video if their Gilligan upon boot ?

Please skipper help out your little buddy

#259 2 years ago

Switch works in test yes

I’ll try and play a round on it while being recorded and if it drops I’ll provide a link for you all but doesn’t seem connected with anything going on in the machine

#261 2 years ago

No idea on batteries but there good

I did play it and it dropped

I made a video in test as I noticed when the ball
In pops made it fall

Seems like heavy vibration just causes it to drop

I’ll post the link here

I really appreciate the help

#265 2 years ago
Quoted from Inferno:

After watching your vid:
When the pops are firing, does the ramp just fall or is the solenoid pulling it down? You're in test, so I'm assuming it's just falling?
And if it's just falling, is this what's happening randomly during game play?

I played a game noticed when the ball was in the pops area it would fall

So I put the game in test and just repeated the coil firing and slowly goes down then just drops

So I will investigate the catch trip as that is what holds the ramp up. Maybe it’s catching but after vibration is loosens up then just comes back down

2 months later
#285 2 years ago

I have an NOS Gilligan Translight still rolled up

$200.00
plus shipping

Will post pics of anyone takes interest

#287 2 years ago
Quoted from Inferno:

Post some pics. Where'd ya run across it?

Here you go

Not fully unwrapping unless someone takes interest

I received it with my machine but won’t be needing it

Just want to recoup some funds for the next project

Message if anyone takes interest

5E8A3EEC-57E1-418E-BDDE-ABC2308664A7 (resized).jpeg5E8A3EEC-57E1-418E-BDDE-ABC2308664A7 (resized).jpeg85884011-88E3-458F-A0B7-2CDC1B8CA8D3 (resized).jpeg85884011-88E3-458F-A0B7-2CDC1B8CA8D3 (resized).jpeg9C962D29-A77D-4DAA-98FC-2C4659FA16E4 (resized).jpeg9C962D29-A77D-4DAA-98FC-2C4659FA16E4 (resized).jpegBB3301EB-E8E2-4338-BF73-76D08032D9A6 (resized).jpegBB3301EB-E8E2-4338-BF73-76D08032D9A6 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#310 2 years ago
Quoted from jamespjackson95:

Hello, the Gilligan's Island I picked up recently has differant length rear legs and front legs... should the legs all be the same length? Where is the best place to pick up new legs?

Yes 4 standard 28.5
Bally Williams ribbed chrome legs

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-ribbed-chrome-legs-set-of-4.html

1 month later
#322 2 years ago

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
Used, fair condition - “Listed for everything in the photos for $300 with free shipping 1 Kona 2 lift Ramps 1 lift ramp guide 1 Island Assembly 1 New Luvy plastic All the plastics you see Moving i...”
2022-01-08
Sherrill, NY
300 (OBO)
Archived after: 13 days
Viewed: 342 times

Gilligan’s Parts Lot For Sale

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 40.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thecnypinguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gilligans-island-skipper-club?tu=thecnypinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.