IMG_1152 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1136 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1137 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1130 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1083 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1076 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heaterguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#328 2 years ago

Im in! Had some battery acid but not too bad. Replaced with remote battery pack. 1column was out, mpu trace was bad, soldered a jumper now everything works. Typical burnt GI connector needed fixed. Very happy its better than I remembered.

20220329_183052 (resized).jpg20220329_183052 (resized).jpg20220329_183116 (resized).jpg20220329_183116 (resized).jpg20220329_190312 (resized).jpg20220329_190312 (resized).jpg20220329_193132 (resized).jpg20220329_193132 (resized).jpg20220329_194702 (resized).jpg20220329_194702 (resized).jpg20220331_194901 (resized).jpg20220331_194901 (resized).jpg
#331 2 years ago

Hello fellow Seamen. I recently got one of these and worked through some issues. Game is playing solid now however about half the time when the ball goes into Kona on the top left, the upkick solenoid doesnt make it out of the volcano and it keeps scoring...multiple times until it finally makes it up to the top ramp and returns the ball to the PF. Sometimes it works great, sometimes it takes up to 6 times to make the ramp. I ordered a new set of rubbers and plan on tearing it down and cleaning and hopefully addressing the hidden solenoid kicker issue. (BTW...should I add colored LED's or stick with white? The game is actually very well lit with the incandescents but melted the GI connector per usual so I plan on adding LEDs...but I digress) Upon inspection of the top left upkicker coil it seems that when the ball doesnt make it up it is coming off the plunger on an angle and hitting (rattling) the side lanes, taking the velocity out of the ball so it cant make it up the ramp. When it does make it up the ramp it is a smooth, straight plunge. Im hoping its a loose coil stop or something easy. It also has trouble coming up out of the (Underneath by Coconuts) playfield into the wireform. Same issue, wobbly trajectory causes it to hang and fall back down under the PF. I tried changing the angle of the table to no avail. Wonder if anyone else has had these same issues? Finally, my PF is beautiful but I noticed a dent where the ball comes out of the wireform hamster trail into the right inlane. It drops right on the switch and is wearing the wood slit down! Stupid place to dump the ball IMO. On my other games I have added a small Mylar circle where the ball drops to protect the PF but obviously cant when it drops on a switch!

#333 2 years ago

Solved ...for now. I got the rubber kit and I have LEDs in stock but waiting on a weekend Im not booked fixing customer pins so I can tear it down and address it correctly but in the meantime I took a door shim, cut it to the correct length and wedged it under the coil (parallel with Playfield) as the problem is the plastic tab (solder connections) on the coil is warped causing the plunger to fire at a SLIGHT angle. Pushing up on the coil and wedging the shim in there fixed it temporarily.

#335 2 years ago
Quoted from Iceman:

Hi everyone. I started to have 2 problems with my game
1st the rotating island like to skip is seems the motor it turning it but it only goes sofar then it skips back .
2nd i tried a remote battery and a button battery pack on my cpu but nither can keep the time and date after a week. Any suggestions for the 2 problems. I am looking at the new pinsound cpu board. Thanks

Did you try the Motor test function?
Did you verify the set screw is tight?
I have had issues with cheap Battery packs not saving due to poor battery connection. Are your High scores/Credits saving and only the Date/Time not keeping? Are you getting at least 4 volts from the battery pack to the MPU connections?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heaterguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gilligans-island-skipper-club?tu=heaterguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.