IMG_1057 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1013 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1012 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0985 (resized).png
IMG_0706 (resized).jpeg
8E83CA6F-434C-4692-88D2-416778AD6B40 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0185 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hammerhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 5 years ago

Not embarrassed to say this is a great game. Yes, its a simple rule set, but not always so easy to achieve. The rotating island that provides 5 different shots from one ramp is awesome. I have two relatively minor issues with mine:

When I bought mine, the coil the shoots the ball out of the Shells lane was toast. Rather than replace the coil, the previous owner screwed a post into the shell lane instead. I've fixed the coil but now have a hole in my playfield. Not sure how to fix it or even if I should as its barely noticeable and doesn't affect gameplay.

Occasionally, when the island stops rotating the game will reset. Usually this happens when you first turn the machine on and as it warms up the problem (mostly) never comes back. For the most part it works, but I'd like to get this fixed. I've heard its a common issue.

9 months later
#52 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

GINGER just had a birthday ( if she was still alive! )
Mary-Anne is still waaaaaaaaaay hotter!

Ginger and Mary-Anne are the only surviving cast members, right?

And yes, Mary-Anne all day long!

2 weeks later
#59 5 years ago
Quoted from itshowtime:

just tilt the playfield forward ....you need a small screwdriver and only 2 screws hold it in place...its that simple

It's not that simple, that back corner is a PITA. It can be done with a short screwdriver and a lot of cursing.

2 months later
#65 4 years ago

What about scans?

#72 4 years ago

I found a set of NOS plastics for $300 USD a few years back, used them to replace over half of the broken ones on my game.

Ended up selling GI to fund another purchase, but I could see getting another one down the road.

10 months later
#111 4 years ago

Very hard, almost unobtanium. There are a few sets floating around out there but they will be expensive. I paid $300 for mine a few years ago.

2 months later
#148 3 years ago
Quoted from quicksilvr:

Hey everyone.. newbie here.. I am looking to buy my first pin and after a lot of research think Gilligan's Island is the perfect fit for my game room; being fun, not too old, and not too new.. if 30 years old isn't considered too old.. I'm ultimately looking for a full restored table but am willing to buy one that needs work.. so far I'm not seeing many options but do see this one offered in Vegas.. seems out of the typical price range.. anyone have an opinion?
https://billiardsnmore.com/pool-tables/gilligans-island-pinball/

$6K is twice the "typical range". Yeah it's in great shape, looks like all the plastics are in tact (repros aren't available), can't tell but looks like the Lava Seltzer inserts are all there (common wear area) . . . but for that money you're approaching LOTR or AFM territory, and they're much better games.

#149 3 years ago

There's one available for sale right now in Calgary, Alberta, Canada somewhat directly north of you, $4300 CAD:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/calgary/gilligan-s-island-pinball/1504175783

Even after shipping and customs brokerage fees it will still be far cheaper than $6K. There might be some understandable trepidation in shipping internationally for your first pin, but it happens more and more as the available games out there dry up.

7 months later
#197 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

400 bucks.
It was in an old couples house. They bought it new back in the 90s. Set unplayed for the longest time. Plastics are still clear and not yellowed. Pretty amazing. Just has the ramp hold coiled bad. Everything else seems to be working. [quoted image]

Awesome deal! Why do these kind of deals never happen to me?

If you're doing a complete teardown, can you make a scan of the playfield? A lot of people have wear areas that need repair.

1 month later
#207 3 years ago

GI and BBBB side by side, the two basement dwellers of the Pinside top 100.

1 month later
#240 2 years ago

You should use the canned laughter when the ball drains!

6 months later
#321 2 years ago

Looks like you have a few other things to work out:
- backbox bulbs aren't all working
- pla

Quoted from Jon9508:

Bad magnet coil? I know my board set goes through both transistors for the ramp pretty often. Maybe every few months I have to replace.

Wow, that doesn’t sound right. You have something weird going on

9 months later
#344 1 year ago
Quoted from Mank:

I have a beautifully restored and clear coated Gilligan’s Island playfield by CaptainNeo. Good base playfield with no chipped or raised inserts edges. I sold the game. If you are interested let me know. Not cheap. I also have cabinet decals if someone really LOVES this pin and is going to do what I had planned for mine
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful.

Can you get a complete (or in parts) hi-res scan of the playfield for posterity? Many people need parts of the playfield for touchups.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hammerhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gilligans-island-skipper-club?tu=hammerhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.