IMG_1083 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1076 (resized).jpeg
cliffy_switch-protector-e1529571646810 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1051 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1068 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsuperbee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

No other thread for the game, and it's one of my guilty pleasures, so it was time to start one.

Took me a good 3 or 4 years to find one without any insert wear on the pf. Typical fade all over, and a decent amount of rust too. But the pf had day 1 Mylar, and no wear on the inserts!

Need the huge plastic on the left side of the turntable!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from PeteB:

I love this game and currently own one.
Get your cabinet fade fixed up with some new decals: http://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/gilligans-island-pinball-cabinet-decals/

I'm actually going to be learning how to airbrush on my cab, then may do decals, or do a custom cab along the lines of the Indy at Disneyland, but more bamboo of course

1 year later
#11 6 years ago

Mine is currently DOA.....transformer went bad, blew the main fuse, the breaker on the house, etc...

Replaced the transformer, but I'm still not getting anything, it's beyond my abilities. Hoping to have it fixed by Lodi.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

What is it with gilligan burning off the insert art? Does the programming just leave the bulbs on too long so things get hot?

Not burned off, wore off. This and t2 were the first games to get the DP treatment for the entire run, so maybe it was too thin?

It took me years to find one with no insert wear.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I figure it has something to do with the lamps because the art only wore off on inserts, and specifically only the side of the treasure chest that had a lamp under it, the left side is usually fine.

I've always seen the menu inserts missing, never noticed the treasure chest before.

2 months later
#28 5 years ago

There was a guy in Europe making decals for GI for a while.

Otherwise it's airbrush time

1 month later
#32 5 years ago

Good for a Gilligan's Topper:
IMG_3230 (resized).JPGIMG_3230 (resized).JPG

Not mine, but can be pre ordered here:

https://www.facebook.com/Wolftiki/posts/2080092488908028

I just think they are awesome.

1 year later
#126 3 years ago

I have a partial set of Gilligan's plastics still. I know one of them is the massive plastic that sits to the left of the ramp entrance. I can post pics tomorrow.

#130 3 years ago

Here are the plastics. This is a used set. The first pic shows the broken plastics, two are broken in half and have crap repairs, the top one has a broken corner. (Thurston plastic and the two immediately above it are the broken ones) rest seem ok. I do need to clean them, and some will need to be flattened. I purchased these just for the parrot and the large plastic that is to the left of the ramp, the only ones broken or missing on my old game.
IMG_6798 (resized).JPGIMG_6798 (resized).JPGIMG_6799 (resized).JPGIMG_6799 (resized).JPGIMG_6800 (resized).JPGIMG_6800 (resized).JPGIMG_6801 (resized).JPGIMG_6801 (resized).JPG

#134 3 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

Looking at all your plastics and comparing to my machine there isn't any that I need as the one's you have broken are about the same on mine, so going to pass and let the next person make you an offer. Thanks for posting them.

No prob.

1 year later
#256 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

It almost seems 100% random like the catch wiggled far enough to drop the ramp but it’s all snug and I cannot replicate the issue
Should the ramp have “logic”

There is a switch under the pf associated with the ramp. I cant remember if it lets the game know if the ramp is up or down, but i believe it is similar to the switch used for Whirlwind, so it should be for the ramp being up.

#258 2 years ago

Someone able to send a 20 second video if their Gilligan upon boot ?
Please skipper help out your little buddy

Have you done a switch test yet?

1 month later
#283 2 years ago

Switch works in test yes
I’ll try and play a round on it while being recorded and if it drops I’ll provide a link for you all but doesn’t seem connected with anything going on in the machine

Did you test with finger or the actual

Quoted from oldskool1969:

I am in need of GI cabinet decals as per title.
Prefer genuine. This IS my favourite machine EVER and I just cant leave it as is.
Reason being I bought retrofurbs set some years ago and only just been able to install them and not happy with them.
Mainly due to how long I left to install and one side was so stretched I can not be happy with them.
Any leeds or help greatly appreciated
cheers
Gilligan

There are no genuine cab decals.

4 months later
#313 2 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

Wondering if anyone that has upgraded the CPU Rom to version 9 has suffered machine resets? My game has no resets when using version 7, but when upgraded to version 9 it has random resets. Brand new Rottendog driver board so no 5 volt issues.

Have you put the original rom back in to see if it stops?

Also...unless you replaced the female connectors going to the new driver board that carries the 5v you can still have resets. (J101). Poor connections going from the driver board to the mpu could also be a culprit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dsuperbee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gilligans-island-skipper-club?tu=dsuperbee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.