IMG_1057 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1013 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1012 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0985 (resized).png
IMG_0706 (resized).jpeg
8E83CA6F-434C-4692-88D2-416778AD6B40 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0185 (resized).jpeg
There are 397 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from Hawk007:

Hey rotordave Yes there is a diode on that coil. just verified on my machine .

Thanks guys! I‘ve had a GI for about 15 years, this is my second one, I sold the first one a few months back when I got this one, as this one has a nice PF and cabinet, even though it was half missing.

So, coil wise, so far we have 1x diode, 1x no diode. lol!

Same as when you google the part.

The manual refers to “diode tieback” which is what made me think about it. Other WPC 20v coils are no diode.

More data required.

PS the GI manual appears to have a lot of errors in it. The factory molex plugs are wired different to the manual.

rd

#102 4 years ago

It's been awhile now but my island acts up and seems to hang up causing a misalignment of the entrance from the ramp.

I have video here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/KrDVGYtVQioeLwoo6

If the island goes around a full cycle, I believe that it does re-sync at some point (don't recall at the moment). Also, I have removed the island and even raised it up a bit (on the rod) before tightening the set screw in hopes that it wasn't maybe pressing down too hard on the post which is coil controlled (pops up into the holes in the island track.

The one opto on the playfield under the island is brand new.

Let me know what to try, please share any pics that you might have of underneath your island etc...

Thanks.

IMG_20190920_2120209 (resized).jpgIMG_20190920_2120209 (resized).jpg
#103 4 years ago

NO diode here?

#104 4 years ago

Nice! Keep them coming!

PS remember to check on the top side of the coil (PF side ...)

I’m thinking it is NO DIODE but if that is the case and there is one on there, I don’t think it would do any harm.

rd

4 weeks later
#105 4 years ago

I’m picking up a customer machine in a few weeks to shop out. Lots of work!!

#106 4 years ago

Picked up a heavy project. Motor was shot and needs a bunch of little stuff and A LOT of cleaning. It came with a bag of NOS plastics and island decals. I need to find new cab decals but that will be the last thing inpr Baby do.

1C34F0DB-C9C8-4A64-B7A4-ADC58C8C6B38 (resized).jpeg1C34F0DB-C9C8-4A64-B7A4-ADC58C8C6B38 (resized).jpeg88F05B9B-09A5-4B30-A5F7-6C577CE9EB00 (resized).jpeg88F05B9B-09A5-4B30-A5F7-6C577CE9EB00 (resized).jpegAD573FE2-3BD4-4683-A45F-D7F975F9D43D (resized).jpegAD573FE2-3BD4-4683-A45F-D7F975F9D43D (resized).jpegAF3F3EA1-6268-41BA-BAAA-F2D9A4607562 (resized).jpegAF3F3EA1-6268-41BA-BAAA-F2D9A4607562 (resized).jpeg
#107 4 years ago

Did some cleaning and need to start putting it back together.

B18D389F-1FAF-4462-91AF-0A1DB315B39A (resized).jpegB18D389F-1FAF-4462-91AF-0A1DB315B39A (resized).jpeg
#108 4 years ago

Looks great! Just cleaned mine up and should have have the new mpu today.

#109 4 years ago

I just picked up a Gilligans Island I sold to a friend three years ago. Glad to have it back. Does anyone know if new playfields are going to be reproduced or if any are available anywhere? Nothing turned up in a quick search. Or, does anyone make insert decals? I have a few worn off in the center of the playfield rope, shell, etc.

3 months later
#110 4 years ago

Out of curiosity, how hard are NOS plastics to find or what’s a set go for?

#111 4 years ago

Very hard, almost unobtanium. There are a few sets floating around out there but they will be expensive. I paid $300 for mine a few years ago.

#112 4 years ago

Oh wow. I have a set but I’m not sure if I want to put them on. The game isn’t very nice and the plastic that are on it are not the worst but also not the best.

#113 4 years ago

I need the mountain that is up in the corner. Talk about unobtanium....

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I need the mountain that is up in the corner. Talk about unobtanium....

Paper mache craft time

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Paper mache craft time

When I get around to restoring it, I will have to come up with something.

#116 4 years ago

If anyone is desperado, I prob have used plastics spares. Don't know exact ones.

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Anyone have a spare parrot plastic??

Maybe, I’ll peek this eve if I’m not too drunk and I'll need to remember. I’m heading out ice fishing

#119 4 years ago

Was able to get everything cleaned and assembled today! Going to clean the inside of the cab next and drop the playfield in hopefully tonight.

365A2925-C546-4812-9988-688E0651B285 (resized).jpeg365A2925-C546-4812-9988-688E0651B285 (resized).jpeg
#120 4 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Was able to get everything cleaned and assembled today! Going to clean the inside of the cab next and drop the playfield in hopefully tonight.[quoted image]

Your parrot plastic looks ok from the pic.
But it’s kind of far

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Your parrot plastic looks ok from the pic.
But it’s kind of far

I pulled the one from the NOS set unfortunately

2 weeks later
#122 4 years ago

Just joined the club. Typical cabinet fade and usual battery damage from previous owner. Threw in a new MPU and repaired a burnt GI connector and mines good as new. I put comet 2smd sunlight in mine. I think it looks great! Dont even have insert wear! Next up, Titan rubber!

received_256107302187219 (resized).jpegreceived_256107302187219 (resized).jpegreceived_687515762023479 (resized).jpegreceived_687515762023479 (resized).jpeg
#123 4 years ago

Dang that's a ripper

2 weeks later
#124 3 years ago

Just finished my new Gilligan flipper topper design: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/95190

IMG_3847 (resized).JPGIMG_3847 (resized).JPG
#125 3 years ago

Just joined the club yesterday as I picked this up from a local pinball collector. Excited as it will be my next full restoration project. Will post a new thread when I start.

20200428_161542 (resized).jpg20200428_161542 (resized).jpg
#126 3 years ago

I have a partial set of Gilligan's plastics still. I know one of them is the massive plastic that sits to the left of the ramp entrance. I can post pics tomorrow.

#127 3 years ago

GILLIGAN'S ISLAND remake time?

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

GILLIGAN'S ISLAND remake time?

I like the original but a new one with a LCD screen would be great . Great theme , great theme song and so many options for modes .
Along with Get Smart I think it would be a winner .

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I have a partial set of Gilligan's plastics still. I know one of them is the massive plastic that sits to the left of the ramp entrance. I can post pics tomorrow.

I am interested, send me some pictures of what you have. [email protected] or post them here.
Mike

#130 3 years ago

Here are the plastics. This is a used set. The first pic shows the broken plastics, two are broken in half and have crap repairs, the top one has a broken corner. (Thurston plastic and the two immediately above it are the broken ones) rest seem ok. I do need to clean them, and some will need to be flattened. I purchased these just for the parrot and the large plastic that is to the left of the ramp, the only ones broken or missing on my old game.
IMG_6798 (resized).JPGIMG_6798 (resized).JPGIMG_6799 (resized).JPGIMG_6799 (resized).JPGIMG_6800 (resized).JPGIMG_6800 (resized).JPGIMG_6801 (resized).JPGIMG_6801 (resized).JPG

#131 3 years ago

Does anyone make a Thurston plastic protector yet?

#132 3 years ago

If no one takes those plastics and you would sell individuals, I’d take the parrot, the eggs cover and the pineapple pies plastics

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Looking at all your plastics and comparing to my machine there isn't any that I need as the one's you have broken are about the same on mine, so going to pass and let the next person make you an offer. Thanks for posting them.

#134 3 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

Looking at all your plastics and comparing to my machine there isn't any that I need as the one's you have broken are about the same on mine, so going to pass and let the next person make you an offer. Thanks for posting them.

No prob.

2 weeks later
#135 3 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

It's been awhile now but my island acts up and seems to hang up causing a misalignment of the entrance from the ramp.
I have video here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/KrDVGYtVQioeLwoo6
If the island goes around a full cycle, I believe that it does re-sync at some point (do. n't recall at the moment). Also, I have removed the island and even raised it up a bit (on the rod) before tightening the set screw in hopes that it wasn't maybe pressing down too hard on the post which is coil controlled (pops up into the holes in the island track.
The one opto on the playfield under the island is brand new.
Let me know what to try, please share any pics that you might have of underneath your island etc...
Thanks.[quoted image]

Recently watched a video on this issue. Fix was to paint underside of turn table black so the optic could read it better. Problem was light reflecting off shiny green underside and messing with the optic. Hope that helps.

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from jsharpe005:

Recently watched a video on this issue. Fix was to paint underside of turn table black so the optic could read it better. Problem was light reflecting off shiny green underside and messing with the optic. Hope that helps.

#137 3 years ago

That’s the video. Anyone else have Kona’s eyes lit red? Think I will copy.

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

I have comet fire bulbs in my kona eyes

That is awesome. Were the fire bulbs the only thing needed for install?

#140 3 years ago

2 555 matrix sockets, 1 matrix Y splinter, 1 matrix extension, 1 matrix 44 bulb, 2 555 fire bulbs

#141 3 years ago

i also painted inside Kona black so the eyes really pop

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

2 555 matrix sockets, 1 matrix Y splinter, 1 matrix extension, 1 matrix 44 bulb, 2 555 fire bulbs

Aaaannd purchased. Thank you!

#143 3 years ago

Does anyone's game have a white plastic piece below the shrunken head target? It looks like its just there to fill a hole. Is there supposed to be a post there? Or was it optional? I'm confused.

Screenshot_20200519-223550_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200519-223550_YouTube (resized).jpgreceived_188978212257050 (resized).jpegreceived_188978212257050 (resized).jpeg
#144 3 years ago

I think mine has one. Must be a spare post hole or something

1 week later
#145 3 years ago

Good Day Everyone. Just picked up a GI - first time playing GI since 1992 - brings back memories. Some day I'll share in "my story" about a Gilligan's Island Pin that literally saved my life. Going through this newly acquired treasure is gonna be special.

#146 3 years ago
Quoted from Inferno:

Some day I'll share in "my story" about a Gilligan's Island Pin that literally saved my life.

Do tell!

I just got mine running again. Took weeks to work out. The island wasnt turning and it appeared that the mchine knew that so wouldnt drop the ramp. Tests showed everthing working. My techy mate resoldered boards, replaced bits etc. I finally noticed the little tab on the island lock mech had broken off and wasnt hitting the switch. Sheeesh. Couldnt find the part to buy so made a little plate with a tab and wallah the castaways are happy again. I'm more of a Gilligan than a professor.

#147 3 years ago

Hey everyone.. newbie here.. I am looking to buy my first pin and after a lot of research think Gilligan's Island is the perfect fit for my game room; being fun, not too old, and not too new.. if 30 years old isn't considered too old.. I'm ultimately looking for a full restored table but am willing to buy one that needs work.. so far I'm not seeing many options but do see this one offered in Vegas.. seems out of the typical price range.. anyone have an opinion?

https://billiardsnmore.com/pool-tables/gilligans-island-pinball/

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from quicksilvr:

Hey everyone.. newbie here.. I am looking to buy my first pin and after a lot of research think Gilligan's Island is the perfect fit for my game room; being fun, not too old, and not too new.. if 30 years old isn't considered too old.. I'm ultimately looking for a full restored table but am willing to buy one that needs work.. so far I'm not seeing many options but do see this one offered in Vegas.. seems out of the typical price range.. anyone have an opinion?

$6K is twice the "typical range". Yeah it's in great shape, looks like all the plastics are in tact (repros aren't available), can't tell but looks like the Lava Seltzer inserts are all there (common wear area) . . . but for that money you're approaching LOTR or AFM territory, and they're much better games.

#149 3 years ago

There's one available for sale right now in Calgary, Alberta, Canada somewhat directly north of you, $4300 CAD:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/calgary/gilligan-s-island-pinball/1504175783

Even after shipping and customs brokerage fees it will still be far cheaper than $6K. There might be some understandable trepidation in shipping internationally for your first pin, but it happens more and more as the available games out there dry up.

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from quicksilvr:

It does look nice and clean, but $6K is too much. $4K would be a fair price for that if you don't feel like waiting for one to turn up, as they don't very often.

I got one last year with a rebuilt island motor, some nice cosmetic mods, LEDs, for $3200. But the market right now is not normal. It's a seller's market for sure right now, so if you want a nice one for $3K, you might have to wait 6-12 months.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 40.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 397 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gilligans-island-skipper-club/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.