Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Ericpinballfan
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 17 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5984 (resized).JPG
IMG_5983 (resized).JPG
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
power_driver (resized).jpg
IMG_5487 (resized).JPG
IMG_5485 (resized).JPG
IMG_5484 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181214_104403082 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181214_103628235 (resized).jpg
IMG_3230 (resized).JPG
GI and RSBQ (resized).jpg
GI BR Pinball (resized).jpg
turd polisher (resized).jpg
bbh - 1 (2) (resized).jpg
9359c268-91c9-46e5-8c91-f33854510724 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 months ago

GINGER just had a birthday ( if she was still alive! )
Mary-Anne is still waaaaaaaaaay hotter!

#52 4 months ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

GINGER just had a birthday ( if she was still alive! )
Mary-Anne is still waaaaaaaaaay hotter!

Ginger and Mary-Anne are the only surviving cast members, right?

And yes, Mary-Anne all day long!

#53 4 months ago

Yep, Tina Louise and Dawn Wells are both still alive.

2 weeks later
#55 3 months ago

Need help on cleaning playfield for Gilligan's Island. Just got this pin a few days ago and it's very dirty and I need to convert to LEDs. I am used to working with older machines (EMs) and I can't figure out how to remove the plastic volcano and clear ramp. The playfield doesn't slide forward like older machines so how do I get to the very back section of the playfield to clean and remove screws? Love this machine BTW!!'

Thanks

#56 3 months ago

just tilt the playfield forward ....you need a small screwdriver and only 2 screws hold it in place...its that simple

#57 3 months ago

Thanks but the playfield only tilts back and there is one screw on the back side of the volcano and several for the clear plastic ramp. Older style playfields do slide forward but this one seems to only tilt up to the vertical. There must be an easier way to work on it. Thanks though.

#58 3 months ago

Yeah that generation of game up until Getaway only has that one pivot. Backside shops are more complicated for sure.

#59 3 months ago
Quoted from itshowtime:

just tilt the playfield forward ....you need a small screwdriver and only 2 screws hold it in place...its that simple

It's not that simple, that back corner is a PITA. It can be done with a short screwdriver and a lot of cursing.

#60 3 months ago

Agree with above, but why not pull it right out and give her a good going over?

1 month later
#61 56 days ago

Does anyone know how to set the game to turn off all its lights and be quiet after certain amount of time?
I went to
POWER SAVE LEVEL
A.1 30 and tried 04 and 07
GI POWER SAVER
A.1 29 2 MINUTES

I sit around and wait for two minutes, nothing happens on 07, on 04 some of the lights flicker, but that’s it.
I would love for the whole machine to just go into a deep sleep mode, with no lights and no sound, but ready to come back to life. If I turn it off with the hard switch, my jungle run spinner gets stuck in a bad position, and I have to do a complete hardware reset in the spinner motor.

#62 56 days ago

Hey all, I started a new YouTube series on how to play specific machines that I couldn't find the rules to online. My first video is on Gilligan's Island. Feedback is welcomed. I'm going to try and upload a new video every week. Thanks!

#63 56 days ago
Quoted from captainBR:

If I turn it off with the hard switch, my jungle run spinner gets stuck in a bad position, and I have to do a complete hardware reset in the spinner motor.

No light shutdown that I am aware of. Suggest checking optos on the island and fix that issue. A lot easier to get it right IMO.

2 weeks later
#64 40 days ago

anyone have plastics? I need the backboard ship 31-1-20003, slingshots Part No.:31-1-20003-5, 31-1-20003-13 and the big plastic above the blue targets 31-1-20003-P8
Thanks in advance!

#65 40 days ago

What about scans?

#66 40 days ago

Slings and Thurston plastic on ebay.
Backboard ship, no leads. However, it is cracked or broken on most GI.

#67 40 days ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Such a charming pin. I want to join this club.

Forgot to report back that I located and bought one last year and love it! I couldn't care less where this pin sits in the rankings. Just goes to show how bogus the rankings are.

p.s. Gilligan looks great next to my tiki bar.

#68 40 days ago

Gilligan approves ^^^^^^^

#69 39 days ago

I have one to restore but the mountain I. The back is brokenin half. These seem to be unobtanium. I will either have to design an original unless I can get a 3D scan of one and print it.

#70 39 days ago

yup restoring mine and its tough! Someone make plastics and playfields for this game!

#71 39 days ago

everything is unobtainium for this game. Such a shame as its a lot of fun has great flow and is a great theme. The shots on this game are fun and also fun to watch. Something pleasing about how it zips around the game.

#72 39 days ago

I found a set of NOS plastics for $300 USD a few years back, used them to replace over half of the broken ones on my game.

Ended up selling GI to fund another purchase, but I could see getting another one down the road.

1 week later
#73 31 days ago

Attention grabbing bump. You'd think with 4000+ games made, there has to be a market for the playfields and plastics etc. Everyone I have ever seen has bad inserts and broken plastics.
The more I played it the more i like it. Just a nice looking fun game to bat the ball around on. All apart now though, and cannot wait til its all done.

#74 28 days ago

I've never thought much about it until maybe now. There a large autograph on the back of my Gilligan's backbox done in gold Sharpie but I can't seem to identify it. It was already on the pin when I purchased it ages ago. Doesn't anybody recognize it? I've tried comparing to cast member autographs and whichever game designer autograph I could find online but doesn't appear to match or look familiar.

I apologize for the poor lighting and angle of the photos. The pin is backed up against the wall.

IMG_5983 (resized).JPGIMG_5984 (resized).JPG
#75 28 days ago

graffiti me thinks

4 weeks later
#76 9 hours ago

I am looking for the ramp and ball guide assembly part number A-14552. I appreciate any leads.

Thanks

#77 9 hours ago
Quoted from ruzzy:

I am looking for the ramp and ball guide assembly part number A-14552. I appreciate any leads.
Thanks

This link >>> https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/selling-pinball-parts

"Giligan's Island parts
Backbox lights wood panel full assy-27$
2xLamp boards-2x10$
Island mechanism assy A-14595 without the motor-30$
Undertrough plastic ramp assy-2x14$

#78 4 hours ago
Quoted from ruzzy:

Thanks

Can you be more specific, maybe a picture.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Aurora, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fenton, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 28.00
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 279.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Machine - For Sale
Uxbridge, MA
$ 279.95
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside