• 47 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Brtlkat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hi All

Can I get a price check please on a Gilligans Island in overall good to excellent condition please?

Any other thoughts as to this game are much appreciated

Thank you

#2 8 years ago

Fun game , but that theme song stays stuck in your head!

#3 8 years ago

It's a shitty game with a good theme. It's also a WPC. $1800-2500 is probably a sane price these days.

#4 8 years ago

I sold a beautiful example last year for 2200.

#5 8 years ago

yeah low 2's is what I'd say

I've never came across one in my travels but would love to play one. I always liked the show.

I have heard its shallow but a fun game.

#6 8 years ago

Theme is fun and lighthearted. Rarely see them for some reason. Wondering if a low production run.

#7 8 years ago

I've never played one, but the game looks great and the theme is one everone knows and most people like. I probably would have bought one if it had come up back in the '90s when I was looking for games (before I ran out of space). Also might have bought The Shadow, Getaway, or Funhouse back then. But I know I like the pins in my game room more, because I had the word out to my distributors that I wanted them and I actively looked for them, which I did not do for those other games. It's all in personal taste, since WHOdunnit is a must-have to me while the great MM is not.

#8 8 years ago

Wow, low 2's really? You would never get low 2's here for one. I was thinking low 1's. We still have one on route here and the game is fun for a few games, after that, no way. The kinda game you want to play a couple of times every few weeks for fun. There just isn't anything to the game at all.

#9 8 years ago

I have one around me and the guy is asking $1600.00 its OK but not that great of a game.

#10 8 years ago

The cabinet would be my biggest concern, they all faded ....we'll except for mine I think.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#11 8 years ago

Thanks guys. Guy is asking $1200. Supposedly in beautiful shape Hmmm

G

#12 8 years ago

Go check it out for that price

#13 8 years ago

yeah check it out man

at that price even my cheap ass is kinda interested

#14 8 years ago

Thanks again guys. Plan to see it tomorrow. Never had this on my wish list but maybe I can use it for trade bait. Have to see what it looks like. Have asked for pictures but have not received any as of yet. Maybe very telling?? Who knows. I'll let you know.

G

#15 8 years ago

Hard to know if this is a good price I suppose until after I see it. Pinpedia is saying $800-1600 Pinball List & Price Guide is saying $2000. Problem is I dont see myself keeping the game if I get it at all so we'll have to see. Production run was 4000

g

#16 8 years ago

Now then there is eBay. Yeah I know way overpriced but there are three starting at 3950 up to the low 4's???

#17 8 years ago

I passed on one last year for $1,500. Concerned of staying power and resale. My thought is that is about the right price.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

Now then there is eBay. Yeah I know way overpriced but there are three starting at 3950 up to the low 4's???

Are they selling? Nope. People are free to ask whatever they like on ebay. According to ebay sales data (bostpinball.biz) the indy 500 I just picked up is a 5600 dollar game. It isn't sadly, but one can dream!

#19 8 years ago

I played it a few times and really don't think much of it. Yes, Gilligans Island is a slice of Americana 60's television that I grew up with. All of the characters are adorable. And the music is instantly recognizable in only a handful of notes. They dropped the ball on the design & game play of the pin.
I've seen a few for sale around $2K, but happen to think there are a ton of GOOD games one can buy at that price point. I happen to think if one has a rather big collection, it might be an OK purchase in the $1200 - $1500 range....assuming its plug n play. At $1500, it will be low on bang for the buck.

Pins for sale on Ebay at hyper inflated prices are a joke. Not sure any of these ever sell at these huge ripoff prices. But if the sellers didn't occasionally find a sucker, its doubtful they would go to the trouble of an Ebay listing.
Sadly though, nearly all of us have encountered a pinball seller without a clue of the pin market......but nonetheless stating "They go for $$$ on Ebay".

#20 8 years ago

Not sure that it is a good comparison but Treasure Cove just sold one completely restored. They were asking $7500, I believe.

#21 8 years ago

"BEST GAME EVER" and first with the DMD. I love mine to bits and the haters will hate. Best toy with the revolving island pathway and can be really fast when tweaked. People are often surprised when they get to play mine. People bag it with out even playing it and rely on reviews.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

The problem with Ebay is....we'll every thing but most importantly its a bunch of idiots putting out huge ASKING prices, the only thing is you have to find someone willing to PAY the asking price. I've owned a Gilligan since 1998 and paid $1000 for it from a highly known retailer back in the day. Just two years ago I found a much nicer one with a totally UNfaded cabinet for $2K and I couldn't get my money out fast enough.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#23 8 years ago

Data East Checkpoint was the first DMD ever, but GI was Bally, Williams first.

#24 8 years ago

It doesn't get a lot of love but the few times I've played one I really enjoyed everything about it! I haven't seen one for sale in the Chicago area for a while, but I'd guess around 1400-1600 for a decent one.

#25 8 years ago

Thanks All!!!

G

#26 8 years ago

Best TV show ever! And compared to some of the recent games that are out there I'd give it a "not bad". They could have done a bit better trying to replicate the characters from the show though.

#27 8 years ago

It is a good price. But not a great game in general and a bad one home use and worse in a small collection. It is also a tough resale game.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

It is a good price. But not a great game in general and a bad one home use and worse in a small collection. It is also a tough resale game.

IMO you are wrong and most people I know who have one will not even consider selling, why? Its just bloody good fun!
SKIPPER!

#29 8 years ago

For 1200 if you don't get it I will and put it next to my Popeye with pride

#30 8 years ago

I sold a decent GI 2 years ago for $2200, someone just had to have it. Playfield was flawless, cabinet had the usual fade.

#31 8 years ago

I've actually been thinking about getting one of these, and the most I'd pay is about $1,600.

#32 8 years ago

A nice one for $1200.00, I would jump on that.

#33 8 years ago

All I can say is my family and I love GI, and it will not be leaving any time soon. I got to cherry pick mine as the place that I got it had about 8 of them at that time. Paid $1200 for it years ago.

#34 8 years ago

Nice coconuts!

#35 8 years ago

I picked one up semi recently, and probably overpaid a bit given the fact the seller had not done what he had stated, but I had been looking for one for a while. No wear on the PF (Including the ingredient inserts, which have not been repro'd), and the usual cab fade.

I have always had a soft spot for the game. It is fairly simple for sure, but is also easy for non-pinheads to understand what to do.

Seems like a good amount of plastics are damn near impossible to find. (If anyone has the plastic to the immediate left of the ramp, please let me know!)

Mine is not leaving anytime soon, and I hope to get good enough at airbrushing to fix the cab.

#36 8 years ago

$1500 at TOP dollar in fantastic shape. This game is neck and neck with BBBB for lastability...i.e. not long!

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

$1500 at TOP dollar in fantastic shape.

Yeah, because you know better than Dayhuff!

Quoted from Dayhuff:

I found a much nicer one with a totally UNfaded cabinet for $2K and I couldn't get my money out fast enough.

2 years later
#38 6 years ago

Hmmmm. I have been looking at them and this week was offered one with the added color DMD for $5,000.

Have the prices on this game gone that far up in two years? Supposedly the cabinet is unfaded and the game is in excellent shape. Is it now worth $5,000?

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

Hmmmm. I have been looking at them and this week was offered one with the added color DMD for $5,000.
Have the prices on this game gone that far up in two years? Supposedly the cabinet is unfaded and the game is in excellent shape. Is it now worth $5,000?

With color Dmd , $3200 tops, even if cab is unfaded.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Data East Checkpoint was the first DMD ever, but GI was Bally, Williams first.

Your half dmd size right.
GI was the first full size dmd released.
Terminator 2 was in the can, but they were unable to release it because movie wasnt out yet.
Black Rose was next.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

"BEST GAME EVER" and first with the DMD. I love mine to bits and the haters will hate. Best toy with the revolving island pathway and can be really fast when tweaked. People are often surprised when they get to play mine. People bag it with out even playing it and rely on reviews.

The rotating island still one of tne best playfield toys ever. Cant believe it was never duplicated.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

The rotating island still one of tne best playfield toys ever. Cant believe it was never duplicated.

This. You've got one shot that has something like 4 or more different outcomes. Surprised this kind of functionality isn't used more often with games having such limited space and the increase in factory installed toys. The only recent one that comes to mind is Mustang Premium/LE that has the ramp that has three different outcomes. (Of course, I don't know all the new games 100%, so take that with a grain of salt.)

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

That's way to expensive

#44 6 years ago

Thanks you so very much all for your advice and knowledge.

3 weeks later
#45 5 years ago

Sold at Captains Auction sat in Anaheim for $3900 plus buyers prem and sales tax.
Always new this pin was a silent horse.

#46 5 years ago

Damn I sold an almost perfect example for 2200. one of the best gotta have one more game pin!

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Sold at Captains Auction sat in Anaheim for $3900 plus buyers prem and sales tax.
Always new this pin was a silent horse.

Must have bought that one on theme alone and never played it. Seems like a normal Cali price. Great theme, Game play not so much.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 40.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gilligans-island-price-check and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.