Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by YKpinballer
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

gi2.png
gi1.png
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

All GI is powered through connectors J120 and J121 on the power driver board. One goes to the backglass, one goes to the playfield. (And I guess J119 goes to the coin door, too.)

If you've got a problem affecting both, that might suggest a problem on the board, like a broken trace somewhere.

You're number one resource for diagnosing the problem is PinWiki. I've become quite familiar with the General Illumination Problems section of that page (not by choice, of course), and they information there and the procedures they recommend are spot on. You've gotta start with the easy stuff first, as well as the things that are most likely to be the cause. Luckily, they've got it all laid out in the order you should do it.

#11 4 years ago

J120 and J121 are wired identically. Try the GI connector to the backbox and the connector to the playfield one at a time on both J120 and J121.

GI strands 2, 3, and 5 go to both the playfield and backglass, so you should be able to rule out playfield wiring problem for those strands.

Here are two relevant snippets from the manual on IPDB.

gi1.png

gi2.png

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

I am having a very similar issue with White Water. The upper portion of the GI is out (brown and white brown wires).

Take a look at connectors J120 and J121. Do they look brown and crispy? If you wiggle them, does the GI come on?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside