You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gi2.png
gi1.png
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider YKpinballer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

OK so I have a Creature that isn't getting power to some of the GI circuits. The lights underneath the slingshots, some connected flasher bulbs on that same yellow circuit and some of the backglass lighting all have no power. Along with seemingly the coin door.

At first I thought I was dealing with a short circuit, but miraculously when I was installing new ramps and replacing some bulbs, the lights came on perfect! Under the slingshots and even in the backglass - seems like all of the GI strings were fine and the machine looked beautiful! Turned the machine off and back on to see what would happen, and the GI circuits were back off, never to be seen again. Most of the GI works fine. I think it was GI circuit 2 and 3 that were out? I blew two fuses when i connected a bulb by jumper cable but I can't remember off the top of my head which ones right now as I'm at work.

On a seemingly unrelated note, I had to reflow some cracked solder points on one of the signs so that the bulbs would stay lit. That got me thinking, maybe there is a similarly damaged connection for those GI strings and I managed to jostle the machine just right for the connectors to touch the solder points but now it's rattled back out.

Long story short, if anybody knows where the connection points are for these particular GI circuits, it would save me some trouble trying to find out myself. And I'm not even certain I'm on the right track. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, along with specifics about where these things are connected.

#3 9 years ago

Thanks mot, that gives me a great starting point.

#4 9 years ago

Ok so lo and behold at all of the connections you mentioned it looks like the board has been resoldered. All of the other pins on the board look good. Take a look at the picture and let me know if it might be something else, but I think I just have to clean up the solder points a bit and make sure they aren't touching.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#5 9 years ago

I scraped away some excess solder from between the pins, I think that might have been causing a short. I can see visible gaps now so hopefully I can go put the board back in and pray. Didn't need to fire up the soldering iron so far, just used a little metal brooch that was lying around. There is some excess glare in the picture from camera flash but the gaps all look dark green, not silver like they appear.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#6 9 years ago

Hm... No change still no lights in the slingshots or power to the coin door. Looking for more ideas

#10 9 years ago

My dmm is still in the package, time to bust it out I guess. As I said before when I had the playfield tilted up to service the machine, everything came on once. So maybe it's a single disconnected wire or something causing this? Maybe because it runs power through the triac board? At any rate I will do some sleuthing tomorrow night and update you on what I find.

#15 9 years ago

Yeah sorry, haven't gotten around to the fix yet, I came down with a cold and have been laid up a couple days. Will update when I get a chance to check it out. Definitely go through the advice posted in the thread so far in the mean time. I would suggest mot's jiggle suggestion first, because if it is a bad solder point you should be able to jiggle the connection and make the lights come on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
$ 27.95
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

€ 24.00
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider YKpinballer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gi-power-issues-cftbl?tu=YKpinballer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.