View topic image gallery

83F0BF86-089D-4F4B-B897-239842B7E181 (resized).jpeg
2274F055-5C55-4980-BFE9-B16DEE30FEFB (resized).jpeg
IMG_4755 (resized).PNG
IMAG0310 (resized).jpg
IMAG0311 (resized).jpg
IMAG0310 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Went to check something on my Laser Cue for a fellow pinsider and noticed my general illumination is out! What I have done so far is checked all fuses, pulled and reseated 2J4 through 2J7, powered the game off and on. At one point when I turned the game off and back one the GI did come on, I played a game everything was fine. I turned off and back on and GI is out again, now I can't get it back! Anybody got any idea what to check?

Her is a list of things I have done since I got the game about 4 years ago.....

Driver board was rebuilt about 3 years ago (not by me)

has a rottendog power supply (2 years ago)

Inkochnito's bridge board (2 years ago)

Thanks in advance!

IMAG0310 (resized).jpgIMAG0310 (resized).jpgIMAG0310 (resized).jpgIMAG0310 (resized).jpgIMAG0311 (resized).jpgIMAG0311 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

I'd be calling Lenny!

Is the relay clicking for the GI?

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from eh97ac:

I'd be calling Lenny!
Is the relay clicking for the GI?

LoL, may come to that! Not sure about the relay, it dose sound different when I start it up. What should I look for? What relay?

#4 5 years ago

Yellow is the GI. Is this connector good? Looks a little toasty. Maybe that or one of the IDC connectors or the one that joins the head to the playfield.

IMG_4755 (resized).PNGIMG_4755 (resized).PNG
#5 5 years ago

Well, I can't mark this solved, but it's working again! I was checking the wires going down into the cabinet and they started working, so obviously a loose connection somewhere, but no matter what I do I can't recreate the problem! I guess I'll keep playing it till this problem presents itself again!

#6 5 years ago

It was Lenny!

11 months later
#7 4 years ago

I am having the same issue on my game right now. All of my GI is out. Any thoughts?

#8 4 years ago

Check your fuses yet?

Check the yellow wire connector in the pic above yet? If you have a standard power board the yellow wires attach at the lower right hand corner.

Grab your meter and figure out where the power ends and that'll be your issue. GI is pretty easy to track down on these old Williams.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Check your fuses yet?
Check the yellow wire connector in the pic above yet? If you have a standard power board the yellow wires attach at the lower right hand corner.
Grab your meter and figure out where the power ends and that'll be your issue. GI is pretty easy to track down on these old Williams.

Okay yeah the yellow wire on the power supply doesn’t look fried. I’ll pull the board and inspect the solder and continuity on it..

#10 4 years ago

Looks like someone tried repairing the yellow connector.. Thinking I’ll reheat the solder up maybe that will fix it.. What do you think?

2274F055-5C55-4980-BFE9-B16DEE30FEFB (resized).jpeg2274F055-5C55-4980-BFE9-B16DEE30FEFB (resized).jpeg83F0BF86-089D-4F4B-B897-239842B7E181 (resized).jpeg83F0BF86-089D-4F4B-B897-239842B7E181 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gi-out-on-williams-system-7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.