Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Chosen_S
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

No_GI_Lights (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jmckune.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kingjowjow:

Thanks for the tip, kinda new to fixing machines, is it located in the backbox or under playfield ?

Thanks for the tip, Now just have to find the interconnect board!

Backbox, it’s the long thin board at the bottom of the backbox

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kingjowjow:

Thank you! I found this youtube video on Fixing non working GI lights when a fuse burns, does it look pretty good to follow? Thanks again for the Tip.

The easy way is to look at the wire color of the lights that aren’t working, find that color on that board, and then follow the traces from that connection to a fuse, that will tell you which is burnt. Or if you have a DMM you could save time and pop each fuse out to test until you find the bad one.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kingjowjow:

New to using the multimeter, watched quite a video tutorials on it. When I'm checking for a good connection for GI or Pop Bumper lights, am I just touching the multimeter to where the wires are connected at the bottom of the playfield? or should I be touching the tips of the multimeter on the connector pins inside of the pop bumpers?

Well I’d assume you’re checking fuses in which case you pull the fuse out of the holder and check for continuity from each end.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jmckune.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gi-lights-stopped-working-after-trough-light-install-?tu=Jmckune and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.