Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Chosen_S
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

No_GI_Lights (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chosen_S.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kingjowjow:

Hello Everyone,
    I recently purchased my first pinball machine a 1990 Bally Dr. Dude and was installing a trough light kit from comet pinball. I had the machine turned off and connected the alligator clips to a GI light below the playfield and when I turned on the machine the bank of lights I connected the trough light to with the alligator clips does no longer turn on, even without the alligator clips on them. It's odd becuase when I tried the other side it worked fine and the GI lights still turn on. Did I blow a transitor by chance? Any advice is appreciated on how to re lite these GI's thank you so much for any tips![quoted image]

Sounds like a fuse popped on the aux board under the mpu

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Aux board is on the far right. You actually mean the interconnect board, which has 4 GI fuses.

Yes

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kingjowjow:

Thank you. I replaced the lights in my pop bumper as well. Now 2 of the 3 do not light ugh idk where to look for these guys.

Pop bumpers can be finicky, depending on the type of bulb, it could just be a bad connection at the bulb insert, try wiggling the bulb while the machine is on, inspect everything and look to see why the connection may be bad

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chosen_S.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gi-lights-stopped-working-after-trough-light-install-?tu=Chosen_S and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.