Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by bpa
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I bought a bunch of Comet single led flat tops for my Genesis. I was replacing the GI and some other bulbs while the machine was on but from the top side. Everything looked fine and then my GI went out. I checked the fuse...it's fine. I thought about switching all the bulbs back to incandescent in hopes of maybe finding the culprit. What would be the best way to narrow down the problem?

#2 7 years ago

When you "checked the fuse" did you actually go through the fuses with the multimeter, and not just do a visual inspection?

If I remember right, the GI is controlled by a relay.

Does the game still boot normally? Can you go through the solenoid and lamp tests?

#3 7 years ago

You probably just shorted something while changing bulbs, if you have the right sized fuzes in place you should be ok, i did it once and now just turn machine off so you dont have an accident.

#4 7 years ago

It was a fuse. Duh. I thought I pulled it out to check continuity but apparently not. I do have a few controlled lamps that are not working like LEGS ARMS etc. so I need to figure that out now.

#5 7 years ago

Everybody learns this lesson--don't change bulbs with the power on.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Everybody learns this lesson--don't change bulbs with the power on.

Wait until you learn the lesson don't change a fuse with the power on. Oh boy.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Wait until you learn the lesson don't change a fuse with the power on. Oh boy.

Yikes, I don't think I've seen anyone try that yet

#8 7 years ago

Ok so I am having a strange issue with the body part lights. They were originally working fine but now I have one or two out of each part. If I swap the led out with a incandescent bulb and turn the back on, the incandescent works in attract mode a couple of times and then stops working just like the led. The bulb does not blow out though. I tested it and it still works. Any ideas?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gi-lights-blew-out-while-installing-leds-on-genesis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.