(Topic ID: 48784)

G.I. JOE vs COBRA -->>> A great pin idea !?!?

By Beez

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by OTTOgd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gijoe.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Went and saw the new G.I. Joe movie last night and I couldn't help but think about all the ideas you could do with this theme in a Pinball Machine! Hawk, Duke, Flash, Storm Shadow, Snake eyes, Cobra Commander, Destro, Rip Cord, Flint, Lady Jaye, etc ...

And the toys inside this machine could be off the hook .... Helicopters, Jets, Tanks, the list go on and on ... Plus all the "stuff" you could blow up ... Wow. Really this could be a great pin idea down the road don't ya think?

#3 10 years ago

That's a pretty good idea ! I loved me some GI Joe as a kid

#5 10 years ago

I wondered why they either didn't go after the license on the first movie, or didn't get it. Maybe they were waiting for some sequels so they had enough game content and to know if the movies would be a flop. It does have lots of potential. Used to watch the cartoons all the time as a kid.

#6 10 years ago

I'm sure it would almost as good as Transformers, and better than the Care Bears would be.

#7 10 years ago

I'd be interested in this if it was not associated with the movies

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from B9:

Absolutely! Base it off the '80 cartoons, not those dreck of new movies!

#9 10 years ago

Great Idea. I'd buy one if it was based on the original cartoon series, but that of course will never ever happen

#10 10 years ago

Why ?

#11 10 years ago

I loved the comics. If they based it off the comics, not the movies, I'd be very tempted.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinmeister:

I'm sure it would almost as good as Transformers, and better than the Care Bears would be.

That's not saying much.....I thought it (The new G.I. Joe) was a BAD movie.

#13 10 years ago

I'd rather have a Thundercats pin.

#16 10 years ago

Robot Chicken ruined G.I. Joe & Masters of the Universe for me.

#17 10 years ago

Just had a flash, JJP should do : the Sound of Music pinball, a musical journey hahahaha
    After Wizard of OZ that would be right on. Sorry has nothing to do with the thread but could not help myself

Lame so lame hehehehe

#18 10 years ago

Only if "The Rock" is featured prominetly

#19 10 years ago

If it was based on the 80s comic or cartoon, yes. If based on the recent movies, no way in heck.

#20 10 years ago

Nope, not liking that idea, A-Team would be better haha

#21 10 years ago

Something current and popular would be nice. Too late for dexter and breaking bad. Maybe walking dead or sons of anarchy?

#22 10 years ago

Yes. I am in.

#23 10 years ago

Definitely no.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Something current and popular would be nice. Too late for dexter and breaking bad. Maybe walking dead or sons of anarchy?

Why is it too late for Dexter ?

Would bring a dark theme to pinball. Would love it

#25 10 years ago

Too late for dexter and bb because they are both ending this summer. A few years ago dexter yes but it's too late now.

#26 10 years ago

Hate it. I'm not 10 years old anymore.

#27 10 years ago

I'd rather not have a pin with Channing Tatum on the backglass..

#28 10 years ago

Breaking Bad would be awesome. So many options for cool toys.

#29 10 years ago

If this was based on the COMIC series is could really rock!

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from B9:

The second movie was aweful. There was a story behind why most of the original characters didnt come back but the movie was just terrible.

#31 10 years ago

Yo Joe !

#32 10 years ago

I do not see the appeal currently, but would have been psyched up for this (or transformers, for example) in about 1984.

#33 10 years ago

Maybe if it was more like G.I. Joe Resolute ?

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_customs:

I'd rather not have a pin with Channing Tatum on the backglass..

The 21 Jump Street reboot was pretty funny, could be worthy of a pin.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from Apollyon:

I loved the comics. If they based it off the comics, not the movies, I'd be very tempted.

Agreed

#36 10 years ago

How bout He-Man and the Masters of the Universe??

#37 10 years ago

I remember re-watching some of my old He-Man recordings on VHS. IMHO the show is pretty dreadful. Not at all what I remembered.

#38 10 years ago

I think it would be awesome using comic art. I was actually thinking of doing a custom job on an 80s game with like this. Its 2 prints I have hanging in my home office.

gijoe.jpggijoe.jpg

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from DrStarkweather:

I think it would be awesome using comic art. I was actually thinking of doing a custom job on an 80s game with like this. Its 2 prints I have hanging in my home office.

Nice!

#40 10 years ago

If someone from Stern or JJP was really interested in this I could easily get the conversation started with the licensing department

#41 10 years ago

No thanks

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from B9:

If someone from Stern or JJP was really interested in this I could easily get the conversation started with the licensing department

Gitty up

#43 10 years ago

Even without the movies, GI Joe would be a great theme idea. The toys have been around since the 60s, and there's the cheesy 80s cartoon. There's plenty of recognition & content to make something fun.

#44 10 years ago

What we need is ... VOLTRON!

ROOOOOOOOAAARRRR!

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

Even without the movies, GI Joe would be a great theme idea. The toys have been around since the 60s, and there's the cheesy 80s cartoon. There's plenty of recognition & content to make something fun.

Agreed

#46 10 years ago

Porkchop sandwiches!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gi-joe-vs-cobra-a-great-pin-idea and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.