Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by badbilly27
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sshadow.jpg
    roy_fokker_0_large.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

Rumor is Avengers.  BUT what if ?
    With the success of Transformers and Hasbro, maybe it's GI Joe
    2nd movie this spring and the Rock and Bruce Willis starring in what
    looks like a blockbuster.
    I'd rather see GI Joe than another super hero pin.

#2 12 years ago

NO JOE!
    I'd rather have Avengers personally.
    Comics > Toys

#3 12 years ago

I think I threw up a little bit.
    I would rather see Avengers too. Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Captain America, good combo.
    If it was GI Joe I would likely pass.

#4 12 years ago

I'm in for GI Joe by a mile +1,damn we played GI Joe or Cowboys and Indians

#5 12 years ago

Based on toys YES, based on movies... NO

Why do licenses have to be on the movie franchises, and not the original material. Most cases the original licenses are way more popular than the movie that is trying to capture the original material.

Actors will date any pin, while iconic figures would make it timeless.

Just on the movies coming out Avengers >>>>>>GI Joe. It will make at least 3 times the money.

#6 12 years ago

Although we've had plenty of superhero pins lately, I have to go with Avengers too. The IM, Thor, Captain America, and Hulk movies all seemed like hits to me and have made tons of cash, plus there's so much potential with each of the Avenger team members, much less the entire team. I read somewhere that GI Joe's recent movie didn't do well, so I think it would be better to kick the can down the road a little on that theme, at least until a sequel. Also, I'd bet that SM, BDK, & IM have sold more units than most other pin themes of the same period. I know they're certainly not easy to find at a good price in the secondary market. Avengers Assemble! Or, Stern....Assemble an Avengers!

#7 12 years ago

The last G.I Joe sucked badly all action & nothing else. I would buy a Avengers L.E

#8 12 years ago

Well it appears the sources leaked and it is indeed 100% X-Men pinball after AC/DC

Glad because it's a stronger theme over Avengers. Iron Man fills that void for me.

Wolverine, Cyclopes, Magneto, Professor Xavier, Nightcrawler, Rouge, Mistique, The Beast, Colossus, Gambit, Storm and many more ! This will be a great title.

What I know is it has 2 1/2 ramps and 3 flippers.

#9 12 years ago

mnpinball i wish i was Gary i would power boat those babies

#10 12 years ago

x-men has suddenly become a strong rumor in the last few days.......

#11 12 years ago

X-Men does make more sense than Avengers I guess - loads of movies and characters and probably more movies to follow.

#12 12 years ago

X Men, Avengers all fine

GI Jockstrap no good

#13 12 years ago

My two cents..x-men makes no sense because there wont be another movie for at least another 2 year. GI Joe really isn't a big franchise. Avengers makes tons of sense. Prior history with Marvel, considered one of the biggest movies if summer 2k12. Its a slam dunk.

#14 12 years ago

How about Ghost Rider ?

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

How about Ghost Rider

How about not

#16 12 years ago

Ghost Rider & Xmen not a chance I would bet Men In Black 3 over those 2 titles

#17 12 years ago

That is why I passed on TF...
    I would have loved a G1 TF machine!

Now who's up for some Robotech/Macross?!?
    roy_fokker_0_large.jpgroy_fokker_0_large.jpg

Roy Fokker was such a badass!

#18 12 years ago

Men in black would be great!!!!

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Attachments roy_fokker_0_large.jpg (11 KB, 0 downloads) 3 hours old

I have always thought a F14 would make a great Macross conversion.

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Attachments roy_fokker_0_large.jpg (11 KB, 0 downloads) 2 days old

?? There is not one human character on TF artwork. Stern did this title justice.

#21 12 years ago

GI Joe.. I dig it! Just don't forget Storm Shadow.

PS...I was lucky enough to have one as a kid.

sshadow.jpgsshadow.jpg

#22 12 years ago

GI Joe is a definite pass for me. Pretty sick of all the superhero themes too.

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Attachments roy_fokker_0_large.jpg (11 KB, 0 downloads) 3 days old

Heck yeah! Macross would be cool. Also agree with your first statement. I think the Avengers pin would be way cooler without the actors from the film on it.

3 months later
    #24 12 years ago

Here we are revisiting the GI Joe thread. Clues on Stern facebook

#25 12 years ago

Movie was okay, don't think the second one will be.

Hopefully the pin will be cool. Wish these things would be closer to the original source material.

People would identify the pin based on the logo alone, and would probably have longer legs as the movie hype will die shortly on this, while the original theme is iconic.

Go Joe!

#26 12 years ago

I'd rather have Lego as a toy themed pin.

#27 12 years ago

Why would there need to be a new X-Men movie for that to work. I think even without a new movie that would be the best seller.

Edit: I think you were probably joking with the Lego theme, but look at how popular the video games have been. Pick a theme like Pirates, Knights, Star Wars...It could work.

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Here we are revisiting the GI Joe thread. Clues on Stern facebook. S

Stern picks movies that are block busters which Gi Joe is not so never going to happen

#30 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_customs:

How 'bout Voltron?

+1, but would never happen since there are no movies.

#31 12 years ago

GI JOE is a timeless classic theme and the game could be killer I know borg will not let us down guys
    GO JOE
    derek

#32 12 years ago

I could care less about which theme it is as long as it plays well.

#33 12 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Rumor is Avengers.  BUT what if ?
    With the success of Transformers and Hasbro, maybe it's GI Joe
    2nd movie this spring and the Rock and Bruce Willis starring in what
    looks like a blockbuster.

Transformers was a success? I still see people trying to dump their LE's and hear that Stern has not sold out of the split LE's yet. Not sure i'd call that a success after looking at the demand for Tron & how those LE's have gone crazy.

#34 12 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Well said. 2 1/2 ramps and 3 flippers sounds exciting. Who gives a crap if its avengers or xmen. It's pinball. It's not like those characters you guys list are actually in the game. It's a ball and some plastic with lights.

#35 12 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Not sure i'd call that a success after looking at the demand for Tron & how those LE's have gone crazy.

+1 I've seen a few TF's on Craigslist already. CRAIGSLIST!

#36 12 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

smassa said:Not sure i'd call that a success after looking at the demand for Tron & how those LE's have gone crazy.

I think he referred to the movie. But I'd argue that Transformers is a success. It's a decent game. The fact that people don't keep their pins forever doesn't mean they suck. I've sold attack from mars in the past and I recently sold monster bash. Does that mean those suck?

#37 12 years ago

Avengers +10
    GI JOE +9 after toys
    GI JOE -3 after movies
    Voltron +7
    Ghost rider I will pay them not to make it.

my own ranking system =-)

#38 12 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Yep!

#39 12 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Avengers +10
    GI JOE +9 after toys
    GI JOE -3 after movies
    Voltron +7
    Ghost rider I will pay them not to make it.

my own ranking system =-)

+1

#40 12 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

kwiKimart said:smassa said:Not sure i'd call that a success after looking at the demand for Tron & how those LE's have gone crazy.
    I think he referred to the movie. But I'd argue that Transformers is a success. It's a decent game. The fact that people don't keep their pins forever doesn't mean they suck. I've sold Attack from Mars in the past and I recently sold Monster Bash. Does that mean those suck?

Did you sell them without ever opening the box? Ive seen 4 or 5 guys do that in the last month alone. And all were for less then they paid.

#41 12 years ago

Markmon it means you suck for not selling me MB =-) joke

#42 12 years ago

I Think a great theme would be Dragon's Lair - Great art work! What do you guys think?

#43 12 years ago
    Quoted from tron1969:

I Think a great theme would be Dragon's Lair

That's a great idea...just like the video game.....insert quarters, watch a quick video....dont understand what to do next....ball drains....GAME OVER!

I must have spent $20 on that stupid game as a kid and never got past the first cartoon!!!

#44 12 years ago

The theme would be great could take the whole castle theme from MM to a new level - Endless possibilities for a non movie related Pin. The artwork on the play field and cab could be great if they took it from the arcade game.

#45 12 years ago

still waiting for cowboys and aliens

#46 12 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

I used to be that way when NIB pins were 3500 or less. Now that they are the price of a nice used car, gameplay and theme better be dead on for me to even strangely consider dropping that kind of coin on one machine.

#47 12 years ago
    Quoted from JDub1006:

dont understand what to do next....ball drains....GAME OVER!

You just described every non-pinhead that comes to my house and plays pinball. The only part you left out was- Gives me strange look as to why I have more than one of them, and goes to wait in line to play the Daytona Twin.

#48 12 years ago

I find that adults like playing pinball at my place, but their kids are a whole different story. Everytime a group with kids depart I always have to go to the games they were on and finish them out because they get bored and quit mid-game with a ball in the shooter lane.

#49 12 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

I like you Jason. I hope lightening doesn't strike you though for saying that.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gi-joe-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.