Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jorro
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EEE2AC70-1710-4E93-AF20-9064697F5B9F (resized).jpeg
    20200531_145559 (resized).jpg
    49E7BF7F-5898-4CC4-9120-D1D61F48F6B4 (resized).jpeg
    #1 3 years ago

GI Joe is just not a American hero but known world wide. It has been apart of childhoods since the 1960’s. GI Joe versus Cobra would make the ultimate pinball machine. Using assets from the 1980’s cartoon and toys by hasbro would be awesome. Seeing how popular Tmnt is and going to be.
    And already having another icon series in Transformers and StarWars done. The king of toys, cartoons And Movies has to finally get their machine. The possibility’s like StarWars could be endless. Lets make this happen Yo Joe!

49E7BF7F-5898-4CC4-9120-D1D61F48F6B4 (resized).jpeg49E7BF7F-5898-4CC4-9120-D1D61F48F6B4 (resized).jpeg
    #2 3 years ago

Is still my favorite all time cartoon and toy line. I definitely want this along with transformers G1 and he-man filmation. My only concern would be another turtles copy without actual show assets. I think tmnt looks great, but I really wish full assets were used.

#3 3 years ago

80’s G.I. JOE, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, G1 Transformers would all be amazing to see happen.

#4 3 years ago

Man I would love to see this happen it was one of my favorite cartoons growing up. Picked up the dvd's to introduce my 8yr old to it.

20200531_145559 (resized).jpg20200531_145559 (resized).jpg
    #5 3 years ago

Probably not too smart for a company with global aspirations like stern to sell a game with “American” in the title if they want to move more than 500 of them.

Maybe Spooky will do it.

#6 3 years ago

I imagine they would drop the ARAH tag line like they did For the movies.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Probably not too smart for a company with global aspirations like stern to sell a game with “American” in the title if they want to move more than 500 of them.
    Maybe Spooky will do it.

Bet it would sell better than Oktoberfest. American themed and iconic American merchandise is extremely popular in foreign countries.

#8 3 years ago

GI Joe as a theme is very much a product of its time and has no real appeal to modern audiences. There's a reason it died out right around the same time as the Soviet Union.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

Bet it would sell better than Oktoberfest. American themed and iconic American merchandise is extremely popular in foreign countries.

I have my doubts that a US Military theme would be super popular outside the USA. Not exactly the kind of "Americana" the rest of the world is looking for.

Whether or not it would outsell a massive flop like Oktoberfest is pretty much irrelevant.

Never gonna happen.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

I tend to agree. A Jack Daniels pin would sell a couple of thousand units in Japan.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have my doubts that a US Military theme would be super popular outside the USA. Not exactly the kind of "Americana" the rest of the world is looking for.
    Whether or not it would outsell a massive flop like Oktoberfest is pretty much irrelevant.
    Never gonna happen.

Always positive like normal. But in other countries Joes are known as action man and like joes they are worldly iconic. But thanks know it all Mr. positive.

#12 3 years ago

Knowing is half the battle

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have my doubts that a US Military theme would be super popular outside the USA.

A US Military theme wouldn't even be popular in the US.

#14 3 years ago

Sounds like a dog off the jump, but if Shipwreck is voicing it that would be entertaining at least.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

Always positive like normal. But in other countries Joes are known as action man and like joes they are worldly iconic. But thanks know it all Mr. positive.

I’m positive this is a terrible idea for a theme.

#16 3 years ago

I always thought voltron would be a cool theme..collect all the lions and form voltron for wizard mode...doubt it'll ever happen through.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

80’s G.I. JOE, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, G1 Transformers would all be amazing to see happen.

I could see He-Man at some point being made by someone, but i think Stern was disappointed with the sales of Transformers back in 2012, when the series was still riding high in theaters. Not sure Stern would revisit the theme.

#18 3 years ago

Transformers suffers from pin design and rules. Definitely not the theme.

#19 3 years ago

I love the theme and loved GI Joe as a kid. I had the toys, watched the show and read the comics. However, I think it would be a tough sell these days. Not just because of the military based theme, but, without any actual basis for this assertion, I think people care about it less than TMNT, He Man and Transformers from a nostalgia standpoint. With that being said, I do think it is a good theme for a pinball machine given all the characters and the Cobra villain. I’d certainly be interested, but I’m sure I’m in the minority.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

Transformers suffers from pin design and rules. Definitely not the theme.

It's theme is the Transformers movies that are beyond horrible.

#21 3 years ago

Yeah what a horrible idea to prop up a Pro American themed pin right? I got an idea let's make another music band themed pin since there's only one or two of those made every year. I'm pretty sure Stern is already finishing up releasing Poco pro premium and LE models for a late summer release date. Maybe thst will make you more happy?

#22 3 years ago

Well there is a new GI JOE movie coming out in October (unless pushed back due to Covid). I’d say still current.

EEE2AC70-1710-4E93-AF20-9064697F5B9F (resized).jpegEEE2AC70-1710-4E93-AF20-9064697F5B9F (resized).jpeg
    #23 3 years ago

Yo Joe!

Would be my first NIB...

#24 3 years ago

Yeah what a horrible idea to prop up a Pro American themed pin right?

Exactly, I do believe this pin would sell and promote “Knowing is half the battle”

2 weeks later
    #25 3 years ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

Well there is a new GI JOE movie coming out in October (unless pushed back due to Covid). I’d say still current.
    [quoted image]

Great another Marvel type movie. Nothing to do with GI joe and cobra teams.

#26 3 years ago

I’d love this. Especially if it was based on the comics.

#27 3 years ago

GI Joe was known in Europe too; Action Man would probably be slightly more popular.

I don't think it would be a massive hit or a complete flop - could be a filler title. Nostalgia would definitely work for some buyers tired of Metal bands.
    Depends how much the license would cost - if not too expensive, why not?

#28 3 years ago

Gi-joe was crazy populair here in the 80s!
    Cartoons on saturday mornigs an the toyline

Lots of toy collectors here for the 80s toyline

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gi-joe-a-real-american-hero?hl=krupps4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.