• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by joelbob
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

906D8336-42A6-4FF1-B9CE-374DE2E65316 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joelbob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hey guys, So I'm running into issues where my GI flickers every time I use my right flipper on my TSPP. Have any of you had similar problems on your machines since you converted it to LEDs? I have the LEDOCD board in it which has improved all the inserts and such but not the GI.

What is really strange is my overhead room light also flickers so something weird is going on. Any thoughts? Game is plugged directly into the wall socket. I’ve checked all the GI connectors and I’m not seeing anything strange. Is this possibly a transformer issue or a capacitor somewhere?

#3 6 years ago

I’ve tested my outlet with one and it is correct. If I run an extension cord to an outlet that is on a different circuit the overhead light doesn’t flicker but the GI still does. I’m amazed that this pin is apparently pulling enough power to be effecting other devices in the same room. There has to be something I can fix/change.

#8 6 years ago

I appreciate the discussion. The pin is in my home office which is running multiple computers, multiple monitors, router, modem and an arcade cabinet. I probably have too much running on this one circuit which would explain why my overhead light flickers. When I had my pin in my garage the garage lights did not flicker but the GI still did and if I run an extension cord into another room on a different circuit, that room's lights don't flicker but the GI still does. I understand that Stern designed this game with standard bulbs in mind but I'm surprised the coils draw so much power that it effects the GI. Any ideas what component might be failing as I haven't heard of any other people with a TSPP and LEDs that is having this problem.

#10 6 years ago

I've only owned the game a few months. It was routed before I got it. I have unplugged it and plugged it back in but maybe I'll do it a few more times...

1 week later
#11 6 years ago

bum on this post. Still looking for advice/ help. My outlets test fine. Would this possibly be a transformer or Power IO board issue? No one in the TSPP post seems to be having this problem to the same complexity I am. One person says their GI dims very slightly but it isn't very noticeable at all. Mine is very noticeable.

#12 6 years ago

bump. Sorry guys but I still need help. I contacted Stern tech support and they think it could be my transformer or Power IO board. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can test?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
$ 218.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joelbob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gi-and-room-lighting-flicker?tu=joelbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.