3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Kiwipinhead
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ghosted-metallica (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2017-02-16-13-06-42-1 (resized).png
    50872624891__755CD7ED-6B0F-471B-B665-36E2BE3B0D68 (resized).JPG
    50872629120__4CB5670E-B394-495F-8E1D-686DAB5D3F7C (resized).JPG
    50872654672__14E2E9AE-0FB9-4F5B-9BCA-BDDEC25ACF2E (resized).JPG
    50872631348__6494EF5B-C078-4149-BC6A-841B8B5635A3 (resized).JPG
    50872660925__63FE4140-A9F0-4167-B63C-0912FDF120B4 (resized).JPG
    50872680343__0AA880CF-C22D-429A-B969-18054F95DE2F (resized).JPG

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

Ghosting or not

50872680343__0AA880CF-C22D-429A-B969-18054F95DE2F (resized).JPG

50872660925__63FE4140-A9F0-4167-B63C-0912FDF120B4 (resized).JPG

50872631348__6494EF5B-C078-4149-BC6A-841B8B5635A3 (resized).JPG

50872654672__14E2E9AE-0FB9-4F5B-9BCA-BDDEC25ACF2E (resized).JPG

50872629120__4CB5670E-B394-495F-8E1D-686DAB5D3F7C (resized).JPG

50872624891__755CD7ED-6B0F-471B-B665-36E2BE3B0D68 (resized).JPG

#2 3 years ago

Instead of trying to play wheres waldo, can you specify where your concern is at? From what I see the PF looks fine. Has some slight misregistration to the right but that's not really all that uncommon.

#3 3 years ago

I don't see any ghosting, is that what you are asking us?

#4 3 years ago

Definitely ghosting.

Run for the hills!!!

#5 3 years ago

All I see is crossing, switching, coffing and snaking.

#6 3 years ago

Honestly.

This is getting out of hand.

#7 3 years ago

I didn't see any either but a question was raised if it had any.

#8 3 years ago

Yes ghosting, its trash, ill take it off your hand for 2000.

#9 3 years ago

I think there's rampant dimpling as well?

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from lmcdonald111:

Need lights on in test to see.

#11 3 years ago

red spider insert in front of left ramp

#12 3 years ago

I'm seeing the plywood edge at the electric chair insert and fuel guage. Registration off a little maybe

#13 3 years ago

Or plastic insert side

#14 3 years ago

If you need to even ask the answer is not or you are just stirring the pot

#15 3 years ago

The red spider insert going to the Fuel it up on the left also looks like it has a touch of ghosting right under the wire rail in the picture.

#16 3 years ago

I don't think he's stirring the pot

He's trying to sell his 2016 MET

It's likely a challenge many folks will encounter when listing any 2016/2017 title

Anyone selling a 2016/2017 game will have to answer questions Regarding ghosting & chipping clear.

Appears someone asked those questions & the OP will FW this link to the interested party

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

Honestly.

LMAO. ...exactly!

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think there's rampant dimpling as well?

And I want to point out that this is obviously missing code that we are looking at

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from DerGoetz:

And I want to point out that this is obviously missing code that we are looking at

Yeah but that's normal, ghosting is not

#20 3 years ago

Relax and enjoy your game

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Relax and enjoy your game

do you work for Stern? are you affiliated with them?

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

Honestly.

I agree! Stern TOTALLY let this get out of hand by releasing crap playfields to the pinball public. If they had just thought about what it would do to their reputation they could have prevented the whole mess. But instead they chose to shave a couple of dollars off the cost to manufacture a playfield and have now brought the pinball buying public into the edge where even games that look fine are suspect.

#23 3 years ago

I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I don't think he's stirring the pot
    He's trying to sell his 2016 MET
    It's likely a challenge many folks will encounter when listing any 2016/2017 title
    Anyone selling a 2016/2017 game will have to answer questions Regarding ghosting & chipping clear.
    Appears someone asked those questions & the OP will FW this link to the interested party

yeah sounds to me like the guy wants to be sure he's not misrepresenting the game he's selling. i can sympathize.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Need lights on in test to see.

Haha that was my first thought as well...look at us old timers remembering the old definition of Ghosting

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from stoptap:

I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Same here. Looks clean to me...

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

I agree! Stern TOTALLY let this get out of hand by releasing crap playfields to the pinball public. If they had just thought about what it would do to their reputation they could have prevented the whole mess. But instead they chose to shave a couple of dollars off the cost to manufacture a playfield and have now brought the pinball buying public into the edge where even games that look fine are suspect.

So, what are the issues with the playfield then? I missed that part in your rant.

#28 3 years ago

Add a poll

#29 3 years ago

Call Stern

#30 3 years ago

Maybe this is the haunting first example of ghost ghosting. I once had a Ouija board with a ghost ghosting problem. Turns out the manufacture was changing gypsies to curse the boards before shipping and....well you can imagine the rest.

#31 3 years ago

Seems like there are all sorts of theories as to why this thread was started, hey OP, how about some more details?

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

do you work for Stern? are you affiliated with them?

you could just answer the question JY... instead of always hiding behind a screen name, constantly coming into any thread even remotely concerning towards the brand, and either redirecting or flat out bashing people over it.

The annonimity combined with your constant posting mannerisms are telling and you would be better served if you just came out publiclly whom you are. If you genuinely feel the way you post then it would lend more wait if you were something besides a missing translite of a person.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

So, what are the issues with the playfield then? I missed that part in your rant.

Then go back and read it again. I said that Stern, by releasing crap playfields has made it so that a customer (like the OP) is so gun-shy / battered by others into questioning a game that looks fine to me. The stink of this issue will be on every game that was manufactured since they tried to cut costs by changing the process. What is out real timeline right now? We are almost 1.5 years into this issue of ghosting playfields. It's been completely public for well over a year.

Call it a rant all you want. it doesn't change the fact that even after knowing the issue Stern still sold games with known defective playfields. So yes, I will continue to question every current generation game by them. And to add more facts to it, ghosting doesn't always show up right away. I've had two current gen Stern playfields ghost. They looked perfect, and then it started (one much worse than the other had clear breaking off the inserts). I could "rant" more, but facts might just confuse things.

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Then go back and read it again. I said that Stern, by releasing crap playfields has made it so that a customer (like the OP) is so gun-shy / battered by others into questioning a game that looks fine to me. The stink of this issue will be on every game that was manufactured since they tried to cut costs by changing the process. What is out real timeline right now? We are almost 1.5 years into this issue of ghosting playfields. It's been completely public for well over a year.
    Call it a rant all you want. it doesn't change the fact that even after knowing the issue Stern still sold games with known defective playfields. So yes, I will continue to question every current generation game by them. And to add more facts to it, ghosting doesn't always show up right away. I've had two current gen Stern playfields ghost. They looked perfect, and then it started (one much worse than the other had clear breaking off the inserts). I could "rant" more, but facts might just confuse things.

So, you're saying it's ghosting then. Gotcha...carry on.

This thread is so pointless that I'm hoping it's a troll job.

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

you could just answer the question JY... instead of always hiding behind a screen name, constantly coming into any thread even remotely concerning towards the brand, and either redirecting or flat out bashing people over it.
    The annonimity combined with your constant posting mannerisms are telling and you would be better served if you just came out publiclly whom you are. If you genuinely feel the way you post then it would lend more wait if you were something besides a missing translite of a person.

I have answered your question many times you just don't listen get over it

#36 3 years ago

I think I see a sliver on the spider insert.

Screenshot_2017-02-16-13-06-42-1 (resized).png

#37 3 years ago

yeah, spider is definately starting to ghost on both sides.

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from Archon9000:

PF is shot. He should just toss the machine off a roof now.

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

I have answered your question many times you just don't listen get over it

What was the answer? Don't think I ever saw you post your identity. The general consensus is that you're a Stern employee, is that correct?

#41 3 years ago

Okay, I thought I posted a simple question.
    There is no link to Stern.
    A poster is correct.
    I have the game listed for sale.
    I was questioned on ghosting.
    I sent those pictures.

I thought the community has seen ghosting and they could indentify it

I don't see any but I haven't seen ghosting on anything accept a TOTAN I'm restoring.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

So, you're saying it's ghosting then. Gotcha...carry on.
    This thread is so pointless that I'm hoping it's a troll job.

My compliments on your willfully ignoring what I said.

#43 3 years ago

The sad thing is that buying any game made in the last 18 months or so, is going to have these kind of questions asked. I know that if I am interested in a game I want to look at shooter lane, outhole and inserts.

I can live with 1 or 2 ghosting inserts but are they going to get worse over time?

#44 3 years ago

There is no link to Stern.

Quoted from DaveH:

My compliments on your willfully ignoring what I said.

Sure thing bud.

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from Archon9000:

You beat me to it, but just in case people still don't see it, here's a different take on the same spot. While minor and difficult to see without a discerning eye, it's definitely ghosting or beginning to ghost in that spot. There's another insert or two elsewhere like that as well. Also, the ink layers on the playfield don't appear to be exactly precise or matched perfectly in some spots.

ghosted-metallica (resized).jpg

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

You beat me to it, but just in case people still don't see it, here's a different take on the same spot. Also, the ink layers on the playfield don't appear to be exactly precise or matched perfectly in some spots.

Definitive proof.

I'd say that Metallica is worth about $3,000 at this point. better sell before the ghosting gets worse.

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

You beat me to it, but just in case people still don't see it, here's a different take on the same spot.

Just imagine when something so small and unnoticeable comes up after a sale.
    "Hey man this guy said it was perfect but look at this shit!"

Got some crazy times ahead of us.

#48 3 years ago

Lol, at some point people are just going to have to accept the fact that many Stern games produced during the last year or two are going to be susceptible to this type of problem. It's unfortunate, being that they're so new. Older games ghost as well, it just took them a lot longer and those were back before LED's, so those inserts got even more heat. Imagine if Stern used regular bulbs still, I wonder how much worse the ghosting would be.

This game looks good otherwise, and it really is very minor, but it's still there and still paints an uncertain picture of whether or not it will get worse, stay the same, or if it does get worse, how bad will it get, and how long until that point... It's a shame. Because it does look like an otherwise perfect game. It's a shame people may take a hit on resale value because of corners being cut on playfield quality.

#49 3 years ago

Based off the uniformity of dimples on this game it looks like it's had a few plays on it. Due to that I would have zero concern with buying it. Quite honestly, the carbon fiber cliffy turns me off a lot more than that very minor ghosting that was spotted. I'd much rather see mylar there, but I'm betting, in this crowd, that's just me.

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Or YOU (and anyone else who cares) can simply ignore the posts. He's not "verified" so apply whatever filter you want to his statements. The rest of us can form our own opinions of his statements, thank you very much.

edit: looks like he IS verified, and people can apply their own filters if they suspect a shill.

Your incessant questioning of people's motives and identities is creepy and annoying.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 160.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Starcade Amusement
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ArcadeArts
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 14.95
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 122.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 9.95
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 29.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6,295.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 34.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 18.95
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 125.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 71.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Judge Dredd plastic Out of stock
    Pinball Haus
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 149.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 125.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 9.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside