6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dnapac
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8747 (resized).JPG
    #1 6 years ago

Ok, I get it. Ghosting sucks. But how often does it lead to mid field chipping and alter game play. I know, this is not just a Stern thing...lots of pins over time have had this. I also understand that since the change in how playfields are clear coated there has been more of a problem. I want specific examples with pics of insert chipping that resulted from recent ghosting (last 5-10 years). I'm not defending anyone (Stern), but need to know if this is a major (game play altering) problem, or not. I don't need a bunch of "Stern sucks!". Just real, to the point, answers.

#2 6 years ago

And please make sure that there is a piece of paper with your name and the date on it right next to the issue. This whole thing is a load of BS.

#3 6 years ago

GBLE after a couple hundred plays. 2 inserts chipped, many more ghosted. Shooter lane was down to bare wood. Stern and our local distributor were great and complete populated playfield was replaced. New PF is perfect and game now plays perfectly, but just to give an extreme example of what ghosting can lead to.

IMG_8747 (resized).JPGIMG_8747 (resized).JPG

#4 6 years ago

The clearcoat is waterbased i think thats why it chips, i will not attache on the plastic inserts because its water based.
    If we don't want chipping they have to go back to the " old " clearcoat.
    Old wms with diamondplate and data east (after batman) won't chip.
    Batman was so bad it chip the paint as well, wat left was a white ground layer.
    I have seen machine's with 30,000 plays that looks new, at least not chipt.
    Also have seen Adams family with 100,000 plays in 4 years on it that lookt better dan this picture above.
    So don't give me the crap all machines chip.

#5 6 years ago

Okay. I've given this some time...although not a lot. Sounds like there can be pretty nasty chipping from ghosting, but very rare, and Stern stood behind it and made it right. All-in-all, I feel better about a little bit of ghosting (if it happens). And as long as the game is a blast to play, and not affected by it, I'm gonna play the sh@! out of it and enjoy!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghosting-insert-leads-to-chipping and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.