hostess-zingers-raspberry-61070[1]_(resized).jpg
ghostbusters_2_(resized).jpg
stan_(resized).jpg
800px-Sten_Nilsson[1]_(resized).jpg
20160303_093728_(resized).jpg
Capture_(resized).PNG
454_(resized).PNG
33_(resized).PNG
There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 8 years ago
Quoted from Ball_Shine:

Relevant themes are better for all!

Oh ya look how good it worked with avatar

#204 8 years ago

I think there is a difference between relevant and flash in the pan like Avatar, also just because it's at the movies or going to be doesn't make it relevant with teens.

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from GetTheJackpot:

That trailer looks terrible.

I would expect nothing else from that group.

#206 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#207 8 years ago

Great themes is more an incentive for us old school folks.

When something was hot.....it was hot for 5 to 10 years and in some cases are still hot for some people

I look at my kids and nephews and what was trending 2 months ago is not cool anymore.

They go from one passion to another without any attachment.

buy, use, throw the garbage and repeat

they will work forever, no retirement for them lol

#208 8 years ago

1984 Ghostbusters is still relevant today.

Just look at the trailer for the reboot...Opens up with 30 years ago...4 Scientists (Winston wasn't) saved NY...Shows old fire house they were stationed in...then library scene that is a complete ripoff of 1984...then we get Ray Parker Jr.'s song playing...and we see Slimer...Don't forget the logo is identical and Ecto-1. And remember...this movie has absolutely nothing to do with the first 2, this is a fresh reboot.

#209 8 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

1984 Ghostbusters is still relevant today.
Just look at the trailer for the reboot...Opens up with 30 years ago...4 Scientists (Winston wasn't) saved NY...Shows old fire house they were stationed in...then library scene that is a complete ripoff of 1984...then we get Ray Parker Jr.'s song playing...and we see Slimer...Don't forget the logo is identical and Ecto-1. And remember...this movie has absolutely nothing to do with the first 2, this is a fresh reboot.

The reason the trailer does that its to fool the uneducated that this is some how a continuation on the original GB story. Its completely misleading. Also those with a keen eye can see the logo is slightly different.

#210 8 years ago

Anybody arguing that the Ghostbusters license is old and irrelevant is crazy. Ghostbusters, while not as large as Star Wars, is a franchise that transcends generations successfully. My kids love it, my parents loved it. Just about anybody between the age of 10 and 70 will answer the question "Who ya gonna call?" correctly, and they'll feel a bit happier when they say, "Ghostbusters!"

#211 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Just about anybody between the age of 10 and 70 will answer the question "Who ya gonna call?" correctly, and they'll feel a bit happier when they say, "Ghostbusters!"

That was one of the first questions my kids asked Alexa(Amazon device) when we got it. Full disclosure, they proceeded to ask "Who let the dogs out?"

#212 8 years ago

If the games are planning to ship at the end of the month as a few people have mentioned, I really wish they'd do a formal reveal already. I'm in at buying it NIB day one, but I want to know specific differences between the pro and LE before I pull the trigger. I've seen the art (liking the pro a bit more than the slimer), but want to base my decision off of playfield and gameplay differences.

The Scolari Brothers on the playfield with drop targets is probably the coolest thing I've seen. Wasn't expecting that.

#213 8 years ago

Previous poster said Stern will reveal GB next Friday (7 days from now). I guess we'll see.

Quoted from mrmark0673:

If the games are planning to ship at the end of the month as a few people have mentioned, I really wish they'd do a formal reveal already. I'm in at buying it NIB day one, but I want to know specific differences between the pro and LE before I pull the trigger. I've seen the art (liking the pro a bit more than the slimer), but want to base my decision off of playfield and gameplay differences.
The Scolari Brothers on the playfield with drop targets is probably the coolest thing I've seen. Wasn't expecting that.

#214 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Previous poster said Stern will reveal GB next Friday (7 days from now). I guess we'll see.

Yeah, I'd say Friday is the best bet for a reveal.

#215 8 years ago

Any idea about diff b/w the models? Not sure I want to jump to premium but again - not sure what they brings to the table.

#216 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Any idea about diff b/w the models? Not sure I want to jump to premium but again - not sure what they brings to the table.

Jeez let me see...I think the original story was one of them was a nasty green slimmer edition, like Hulk but uglier. Don't remember if that was prem or LE though

#217 8 years ago

wait for a week and you will have your answer.

Quoted from delt31:

#218 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Jeez let me see...I think the original story was one of them was a nasty green slimmer edition, like Hulk but uglier. Don't remember if that was prem or LE though

The leaks are of a classic cast pro and a Slimer LE. I don't believe there have been any premium leaks as of yet.

#219 8 years ago
Quoted from Ball_Shine:

I think there is a difference between relevant and flash in the pan like Avatar,

ha "flash in the pan."

#220 8 years ago
Quoted from mrmark0673:

The leaks are of a classic cast pro and a Slimer LE. I don't believe there have been any premium leaks as of yet.

Yeah and as usual for me I liked the pro. Had Ecto-1 on the side if I remember correctly. I don't think we saw anything aboot diff'rent mechanics or anything, but I could be wrong.

EDIT: sorry 2 posts in a row.

#221 8 years ago
Quoted from mrmark0673:

The only "leak" is that there might not be a Premium. I imagine it will be like TWD, and come later if it sells well if that's the case.

#222 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The only "leak" is that there might not be a Premium. I imagine it will be like TWD, and come later if it sells well if that's the case.

Yep.

Fool me once, shame on you...

#223 8 years ago
Quoted from GetTheJackpot:

That trailer looks terrible.

Agreed, fixed trailer below.

#224 8 years ago

There is a Premium. Confirmed it with my Distro.

Supposedly Stay-Puft themed.

#227 8 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Agreed, fixed trailer below.
» YouTube video

Still crap.

#228 8 years ago

Pretty much, can't wait to be even more disappointed after I download it in a year.

#229 8 years ago

The "Definitive" Australian GB thread actually has pictures.

#230 8 years ago
Quoted from mrmark0673:

Sure has. LE playfield layout=premium playfield layout.

#232 8 years ago

It is going to be a long week waiting on this reveal.

#233 8 years ago

I was given a quote from a reputable dealer on both the Pro and the Premium. Seems unlikely the Premium would have been quoted if it wasn't a sure thing.

#234 8 years ago

wait so premium will def have the same PF as LE?

#235 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This is the default for stern

#236 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

This is the default for stern

not on GOT

#237 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

There is a Premium. Confirmed it with my Distro.
Supposedly Stay-Puft themed.

WHY. ISN'T. STA. PUFT. LE?

#238 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes. It will play the same as the LE.
Now, like Taylor mentioned like Game of Thrones it could have a different color or a few minor art differences.

#239 8 years ago

What are my distributor options here in the northeast (Upstate New York)?

#240 8 years ago
Quoted from VegasMike:

What are my distributor options here in the northeast (Upstate New York)?

Be aware that in-state purchases will likely include sales tax. There may be other factors that outweigh this, but include it in your evaluation.

#241 8 years ago

Use Cointaker who's located in PA. Best pricing on LE's and they always throw in a mod or two!

#242 8 years ago

JJ at The Game Exchange of Colorado has always taken great care of all my Pin purchases.

#243 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

So I just hopped in here to say that I hadn't realized the new movie had a trailer come out until I opened this thread and saw it.
I liked the first minute. As soon as the CGI ghosts showed up, I decided I'm probably not going to much care for it.
Still going, but expectations are quite low. I feel like this is a franchise like Back to the Future - they really shouldn't touch it again, except in merchandising. I guess we'll see.
As for the pin, interesting stuff. Dream theme to me (I can see a bunch of my old school GB toys from where I type this), but I worry that dream themes seem to work into pins I don't love. I can't wait to play it and hopefully love it.

Bob Gale and Bob Zemekis aren't going to allow remakes of bttf.

#244 8 years ago
Quoted from Herm:

Bob Gale and Bob Zemekis aren't going to allow remakes of bttf.

Thank Heavens!

#245 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Use Cointaker who's located in PA. Best pricing on LE's and they always throw in a mod or two!

Melissa at Cointaker is great. Give her a call.

#246 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The trailer for the new movie just dropped:
» YouTube video
Looks good!!!

Man, the trailer has 111,000 thumbs up and 206,000 thumbs down.

Brutal!!

rd

#247 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Man, the trailer has 111,000 thumbs up and 206,000 thumbs down.
Brutal!!
rd

Unfortunately it does looks more like a reboot than a new addition to the franchise.

#248 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Unfortunately it does looks more like a reboot than a new addition to the franchise.

It does? I'm 50/50 on it.

#249 8 years ago

F the dumb Stay puff I would get whatever it's not on

So LE it is. Deposit down

Like TWD, this theme is all in for me

#250 8 years ago

Ahhhhhh whatever.

<rant removed ...>

rd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 103.00
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.