hostess-zingers-raspberry-61070[1]_(resized).jpg
ghostbusters_2_(resized).jpg
stan_(resized).jpg
800px-Sten_Nilsson[1]_(resized).jpg
20160303_093728_(resized).jpg
Capture_(resized).PNG
454_(resized).PNG
33_(resized).PNG
There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 8 years ago

The suspense was killing me, so I had to call Stern. I was told that the new title will announced in 7-8 days via multi media (Facebook, news letters, website and smoke signals) This thread all but seals the title being Ghostbusters.

#152 8 years ago

Please, tell no one I posted this GB PF pic so to not get "moderated"!

ghostbusters_2_(resized).jpgghostbusters_2_(resized).jpg

#153 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Please, tell no one I posted this GB PF pic so to not get "moderated"!

ghostbusters_2_(resized).jpg

Annnnd I've cancelled my order

#154 8 years ago

Close this thread before they spread like tribbles.

#155 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I'm conflicted where to post my A-material. I've got some great zingers I don't want in the 'loser' thread.

Are they strawberry? I love strawberry!

hostess-zingers-raspberry-61070[1]_(resized).jpghostess-zingers-raspberry-61070[1]_(resized).jpg

#156 8 years ago

Latest issue of Play Meter just arrived. Same add

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#157 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Close this thread before they spread like tribbles.

I just started one also. Called the DEFECTIVE GHOST BUSTERS THREAD! And yes I used two words.

#158 8 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

Pro 4800
Prem 6500
LE 7600

Just got similar numbers. Shipping expected end of the month (maybe a few weeks later because of recent delays)

#159 8 years ago

Why does Stern need to wait any longer for the reveal?

#160 8 years ago

'cause they want people to actually buy Spiderman vault machines instead of being stuck with them (which just started shipping).

#161 8 years ago

This seems to be the one and only Ghostbusters thread that is definitive. Guess I'll be following it closely.

#162 8 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

Pro 4800
Prem 6500
LE 7600

Price cut across their range of games, or just GB? Unless it's really stripped down, how would it being significantly cheaper work when they're still producing TWD, Metallica, ST, WNBJM, KISS, GoT and SMVE?

#163 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Price cut across their range of games, or just GB? Unless it's really stripped down, how would it being significantly cheaper work when they're still producing TWD, Metallica, ST, WNBJM, KISS, GoT and SMVE?

That's not cheaper, it's more expensive. These are actual prices, not the MSRP, and an increase from the last title.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm only speaking to the pro price.

#164 8 years ago

Guess I got ripped on Gotle

#165 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Guess I got ripped on Gotle

Dude you did...I didn't want to say anything though

#166 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

#167 8 years ago
Quoted from Cloud9:

'cause they want people to actually buy Spiderman vault machines instead of being stuck with them (which just started shipping).

I already paid for my Spider-Man VE...I'm ready to buy Ghostbusters too.

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I just started one also. Called the DEFECTIVE GHOST BUSTERS THREAD! And yes I used two words.

Sure, pump the threads out - to discuss code, broken parts, game play flow, artwork and all things ecto -

Thread 1: This code is Ghost
Thread 2: Broken part, who you going to call? 1-800- Flippers
Thread 3: Great flow, this games on firehouse
Thread 4: ZY artwork breaks out of any containment
Thread 5: Beezleboob slimed my coin door (or where's my hoy dog)

I'm kidding. I hope the thread numbers don't kick up until there is actual game play / ownership . . .

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's not cheaper, it's more expensive. These are actual prices, not the MSRP, and an increase from the last title.
EDIT: Sorry, I'm only speaking to the pro price.

Well, either way, I'm guessing UK price for the LE will be US$11500-12000.

#170 8 years ago

Those prices look pretty similar to GOT prices, except for the LE. GOT LE's I believe were going for around 8200.

#171 8 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Not an elephant. You might imagine that they don't have the rights to use his likeness. Similar to BTTF an MJ Fox.

Then Down Syndrome Bill Murray it is!

#172 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Those prices look pretty similar to GOT prices, except for the LE. GOT LE's I believe were going for around 8200.

I think you might be able to get it for 7,900.

7,600 does seem low.

#173 8 years ago
Quoted from Quint:

That's not a good argument. Ferris Bueller's Day Off mostly follows the hero's journey template.
A call to action, the gathering of friends, the side adventures (quests), tension within the travelling group, a series of conflicts both the hero and the group must overcome and final showdown with the bad guy. Mix in the decent soundtrack, a sweet car toy/ramp jump and young Mia Sara on the back glass.
You could easily make a pin out of it.

Lol 29 down votes for my first comment, if it's from the 80's and remembered it's a classic, yes Ferris would be good and Warriors even better but is it relevant for new generation players? the problem I see is this, lots of people from that era who think Ghostbusters is a good theme, how do we bring in the next generation of player with outdated irreverent themes unless you think this new movie is going to be a box office smash. Cool for us older ones but is it just for us or for pinball in general? Relevant themes are better for all!

#174 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Can't top "The Real Ghostbusters" for obvious reasons.
Also, the "all caps" looks a bit desperate.

It looks like it got you to click and check it out.

Brad

noid.jpgnoid.jpg

#175 8 years ago
Quoted from Ball_Shine:

Lol 29 down votes for my first comment...

It is simple. A new pin comes out and some people are happy. Instead of letting people be happy there was an instant sling of crap about how many things you like better that should have been made into a pin.

Well they were not. If you not interested then why visit the thread. Don't be surprised, drain and move on.

#176 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

It is simple. A new pin comes out and some people are happy. Instead of letting people be happy the was an instant sling of crap about how many things you like better that should have been made into a pin.
Well they were not. If you not interested then why visit the thread. Don't be surprised, drain and move on.

Did you read the rest or just the first line?
I like my collection and will buy what I like, I want to see pinball continue to grow with the next generation, GOT was canned but I liked it and read through the threads without attacking those that didn't agree. If outdated themes continue the hobby will die with our generation that's my point if you continued to read this whole comment. Couldn't care less how many down votes, I think it's funny. I was crucified and banned on the bible thread but that's what a public forum is for is it not? OPINIONS! Or are we only allowed to like what the majority likes. Yes I will drain on buying this one............next! but will comment and read what I wish thanks. No location Taxman you must be in a communist country where everyone is told what to like?

#177 8 years ago
Quoted from Ball_Shine:

Did you read the rest or just the first line?
I like my collection and will buy what I like, I want to see pinball continue to grow with the next generation, GOT was canned but I liked it and read through the threads without attacking those that didn't agree. If outdated themes continue the hobby will die with our generation that's my point if you continued to read this whole comment. Couldn't care less how many down votes, I think it's funny. I was crucified and banned on the bible thread but that's what a public forum is for is it not? OPINIONS! Or are we only allowed to like what the majority likes. Yes I will drain on buying this one............next! but will comment and read what I wish thanks. No location Taxman you must be in a communist country where everyone is told what to like?

Oh boy, here we go -

This is not a public forum. This is a private website with owners and moderators whose rules start with "Be Nice".

There are a lot of happy people. Many games will be sold. If not you, why get involved with the negative.

If you got kicked from the Bible discussion I guess instead of contributing you decided to step on other people's likes and ideas. Once again, avoid, drain, move on if there in nothing there you are even going to possibly find something you like.

Stern seems to make good decisions based on the fact that only they survived the bad days and kept pinball going to have a resurgence. As for outdated themes I think GOT was kind of current, no?

??? No location ??? Um, whose not reading? Unless I have a setting that shows me more about myself than others see. Could be but I see my town and everything in non-communist USA.

Oh, and 118 post with 97 up votes and 43 down tells a lot.

#178 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

??? No location ??? Um, whose not reading? Unless I have a setting that shows me more about myself than others see. ...

shhh...you do.

#179 8 years ago

Your not getting what I'm saying, I am from that era and would like to have a GB pin someday my concern is the future of pinball and relevant themes. If you think got isn't relevant you should have a look at the most DL tv shows.
I hate wrestling but understand WWE was a relevant theme for the MAJORITY. (never commented on thread)
I'm a HSV person so Ford mustang was not for me but relevant. (never commented on thread)
Your location is not next to your avatar like every one else. Sorry if it sounded like a personal attack was only meant in jest.
Stern survived through the bad times but you can't just keep "doing it" because it got you through back then, the market has changed and I believe theme choice is more important than before as keeping the younger generation interested takes more work. I know what machines teenager gravitate too in my collection and I don't think GB would do it.
Thanks for explaining that it's a private website I now understand why a whole thread is allowed even though it's clearly in breach of the rules. "no politics or religion".

Quoted from Taxman:

Oh, and 118 post with 97 up votes and 43 down tells a lot.

Not sure what that represents but whatever, some like what I say some don't, maybe there should be 2 threads for every machine, the love fest and the haters. Then no-one will get offended.

Once more.............it's not GB I have an issue with more the outdated theme issue, I only care about the future of pinball not just my collection. All good here I see my view is not the majority opinion. At least it's not just going to be a love fest like some.

#180 8 years ago

Kind of funny, I don't personally "like" most of the themes these days. But since I am not a NIB buyer my excitement does not matter. I understand the games also (well not WWE). My support for the hobby is buying the games from the rich guys after they get board and move on to the next pin or fixing up the old ones. I play my part in the circle of life.

I like most pinball. So when people complain about "outdated themes" I just take a look at the pins being sold. Not the new ones but the majority of pins. EMs, system-11 . . . all "outdated" but the buyer being happy is what counts and what keeps pinball alive.

Will I own a GB? I don't know. Will I play one? Heck yes.

#181 8 years ago

Loads of older games still have themes that are current.

#182 8 years ago

Can you see my location?

#183 8 years ago

I've never bought NIB from stern. Can you just buy directly or do you need a vendor?

#184 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Can you see my location?

Yes, sorry, cold or what

Actually my screen is so messed up. I have a Vista machine that accidentally got a IE-11 upgrade. Guess what's not compatible.

But this machine is hooked up at the moment.

Quoted from Ball_Shine:

Loads of older games still have themes that are current.

Most are not. And as for the "retro" new games from even boutique - Lebowski, Alien, WOZ? The boutique guys realize kids can't buy pins. People with established bank accounts think about the memories that make them happy. Do we need route pins? Heck yes, but not all of them. It is a balancing act to keep the most people involved and money in the game.

#185 8 years ago

Is this the Dominos pizza thread?

I'm F Ing hungry

#186 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I've never bought NIB from stern. Can you just buy directly or do you need a vendor?

You need a distributor.

LTG : )

#187 8 years ago
Quoted from Ball_Shine:

Lol 29 down votes for my first comment, if it's from the 80's and remembered it's a classic, yes Ferris would be good and Warriors even better but is it relevant for new generation players? the problem I see is this, lots of people from that era who think Ghostbusters is a good theme, how do we bring in the next generation of player with outdated irreverent themes unless you think this new movie is going to be a box office smash. Cool for us older ones but is it just for us or for pinball in general? Relevant themes are better for all!

My ten year old daughter loves the Ghostbusters. Most of her friends do also. She also loves to play pinball.
She has no clue who Ferris or the Warriors are. She has already asked if I am buying the GB pin before her birthday party.

Sorry I think your comment couldn't be any more off the truth. GB is as relevant today as it was years ago.
So I don't see your point.

#188 8 years ago

Stern make pinball machines with established popular licenses. They also make current popular themes like The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones.

Ghostbusters is a perfect theme for a pinball at the moment. Go into a store (Australia: Kmart, Myer, Zing pop culture and collectibles) and the logo is everywhere on calendars, tshirts and toys.

#189 8 years ago

Ghostbusters have been beating a dead horse since the first movie imo.

Quoted from arcademojo:

My ten year old daughter loves the Ghostbusters. Most of her friends do also. She also loves to play pinball.
She has no clue who Ferris or the Warriors are.

My kids have seen the GB logo around but don't really know what it is or care so Ferris or Warriors makes as much sense imo.
No doubt it will sell and I will play it but no NIB on this one for me.
As long as the kids love it and pinball thrives that's all that matters to me, I hope every machine is wanted it's just some are going to be more than others, time will tell on this one.

#190 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm in for GB LE, but I'm out on Aerosmith .

Yeah but what are you going to lose to fit it in???

#191 8 years ago

So I just hopped in here to say that I hadn't realized the new movie had a trailer come out until I opened this thread and saw it.

I liked the first minute. As soon as the CGI ghosts showed up, I decided I'm probably not going to much care for it.

Still going, but expectations are quite low. I feel like this is a franchise like Back to the Future - they really shouldn't touch it again, except in merchandising. I guess we'll see.

As for the pin, interesting stuff. Dream theme to me (I can see a bunch of my old school GB toys from where I type this), but I worry that dream themes seem to work into pins I don't love. I can't wait to play it and hopefully love it.

#192 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The trailer for the new movie just dropped:

Hyped!

#193 8 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Some standup Distributors are:
Gio @ Pinball Refinery (zdoor on Pinside)
Trent @ Tilt Amusements
JJ @ Game Exchange of Colorado (Gexchange on Pinside)

#194 8 years ago

Is this what Dirty Donny was working on?

#195 8 years ago
Quoted from Ball_Shine:

Is this what Dirty Donny was working on?

No, Zombiyeti (the guy that did the art for the failed JPop/Zidware games) did the art.

#196 8 years ago
Quoted from Ball_Shine:

Ghostbusters have been beating a dead horse since the first movie imo.

My kids have seen the GB logo around but don't really know what it is or care so Ferris or Warriors makes as much sense imo.
As long as the kids love it and pinball thrives that's all that matters to me, I hope every machine is wanted it's just some are going to be more than others, time will tell on this one.

You do realize there is a GB "reboot" underway and will soon be released right? They didn't just pick this title out of the hat full of oldies... they are doing it because we're about to be flooded with toys, etc and tie-in's for this new release. Don't know if it will be any good with all new actors but it doesn't matter... it's Stern's tie in to a current movie/property.

If you need to catch up... here's the trailer:

#197 8 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

You do realize there is a GB "reboot" underway and will soon be released right?

Yes just a cherry on to of the pile that exists, fantastic
Seems a GB love fest thread needs to be started so everyone has the same opinion.
Maybe my use of the word current was incorrect as it's just about to be released, give it a month after release and I will stand by "current" as it looks like the cheery for the pile!

#198 8 years ago
Quoted from Ball_Shine:

Isn't that a WoZ in your profile picture? Hardly a current theme - I'm sure GB has much more appeal with kids than a pin theme from the 1930s. I'm in my late twenties and personally I'd never by a WoZ because the theme doesn't appeal to me in the slightest - GB on the other hand I'm waiting to give Stern my money!

#199 8 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Isn't that a WoZ in your profile picture? Hardly a current theme - I'm sure GB has much more appeal with kids than a pin theme from the 1930s. I'm in my late twenties and personally I'd never by a WoZ because the theme doesn't appeal to me in the slightest - GB on the other hand I'm waiting to give Stern my money!

Yes I also have TWDLE, GOTLE and MET PREM so I do collect new Sterns' also, to be honest WOZ I purchased for the wife and I do love the game play more than the theme. Kids love to kill walkers and bash on sparky at my house more than WOZ so I totally agree with you.
Kids of today have the attention span of insects so the theme has to be very solid imo and I obviously differ on the the majority opinion, all good that's what I enjoy about forums the most, a good debate with valid points made on all sides. Rock on!

#200 8 years ago

That trailer looks terrible.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 103.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.50
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 297 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.