(Topic ID: 155566)

Ghostbusters "Vs" Hobbit - Poll.. Please be tasteful in the comments!!

By frankmac

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,516 posts
  • 225 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Stern Ghostbusters "vs" Jersey Jack Hobbit- What game do you choose?”

• Ghostbusters 606 votes
    66%
  • Hobbit 311 votes
    34%

(917 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161024_191722 (resized).jpg
20170204_212146 (resized).jpg
IMG_0156 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
Messages_Image(1292536202)_(resized).png
half-wits-hero_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
oops_(resized).jpg
oops2_(resized).jpg
oops3_(resized).jpg
oops4_(resized).jpg
shocked_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from hooch333:

I have 10 kids

Jeeeeessssuuuuuussss Chriiiiiiiiiiiissssttt!

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from hooch333:

Not sure what you mean by this, but I am going to pretend you are not insulting me....... My wife and I have been married for 26 years, and have 7 biological children of our own. We then decided to get into foster care, because we love kids and wanted to help others less fortunate then us. We have adopted 3 siblings from that system whose father was incarcerated, and mother is an addict...........When they arrived at our house they would put blankets over their heads and rock against the wall....I have come to learn that neglect is far more destructive then abuse....In the past 3 years they have excelled in our home.
So yeah,....I know what birth control is, and I have 10 kids,......and you know what??? We want more!....What have you done for someone else lately?

Not an insult...just boggles my mind. I have 2 and feel I don't even have enough time to give them, I can't imagine 8 more. More power to you. I don't know how you have the time (or money) for pins with 10 kids...I know I couldn't do it.

#184 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Apples and Oranges.
In 8 years, JJP has delivered almost 1 game I enjoy playing. So, let's round up and give them a 50% hit rate.
Sterns hit rate is lower, but it can afford to be. Why? Becuase theyve delivered like 10x more titles to choose from.
So, in the same time period, while there's some losers from Stern, there's more winners than JJp has had.

That definitely true...JJP is 1/1 at this point for me. Can't judge Hobbit yet but I bet they go 2/2. Not counting GB, SMVE, or different versions of a game, Stern is 5/11 starting at TAV. That's 4 more good games than JJP has in the same timeframe. None of those are as good as WOZ though.

#220 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I will take the dots on GB over the those on Hobbit any day.

Ok grandpa...or is it grandma?

It seems weird that you would still own WOZ after the constant whining about how terrible it is over the last two years. You should sell it and move on.

The display on WOZ is very easy to understand...I just don't understand the confusion with it. It's all very odd, like maybe there's an agenda or something?

#381 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I agree. They are just opinion...
image_(resized).jpg

Pathetic. If I were Robin I'd not count obvious troll ratings like this. No game deserves a 1...even EMs!

2 weeks later
#534 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sure glad I didn't give up on FGY or LOTR after 6 plays. Those are my 2 favorite Keith games and I hated them the first 20 or so plays and now 2 of my all time favorites. Keith does not do typical cookie cutter code; and what he does offer is a thing of amazement.

I think he only did the wiz mode for FGY (?), but yeah Keith and Lyman are the two best.

1 week later
#593 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Even panzer disagrees with you and he's the biggest JJP fanboy on pinside.

Panzer is all about the TOYS, those wonderful TOYS!!!! Toys, toys, toys! GB does have cooler toys.

#645 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

But is there really much of a difference between not getting to some of the cool modes because the game is set up hard, or the cool modes not being there like in IM?
I think you can get to Destroy the Ring in 15 to 20 minutes if you concentrate on it.

You can get there in 15 minutes WITHOUT concentrating on it.

#681 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I can honestly see how the flipper can help in time based modes as the clock is nearly out, and the ball is coming down the right side. I'm sure Keith will make it more important than that though. Even Todd in the TNT video mentioned how it will be playing an important roll in the future. I have no idea if he has inside knowledge or is just assuming though.

You need it to kick over barrels and advance toward the extra ball as well as to relight the kickback.

#689 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

How do you relight the kickback?
They can use the spinners to detect left orbit to upper flipper shots as well as pop bumper exit to upper flipper shots, so I expect this will be put to use.

Pop bumper exit, upper-flipper to captive ball.

#690 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

redundant = useless. If you don't need it, it's useless.

The rules make you need it.

#812 7 years ago

The BDK crane is the coolest toy Stern ever built...right there with the ship in POTC.

#816 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I was the same way with Spiderman. Think it looks good and Spiderman is my favorite Marvel character. Even like the way it shoots, but the rules are a show-stopper for me. I so want to like that game that I keep giving it another try at friends' houses and still a no go. Not every game is for everybody.

Wow...SM rules are pretty much nirvana. They don't get any better than that!

1 week later
#888 7 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Yes, but theres a big difference between those games and TH.... layout.
If fact, there was guy here on pinside, I forget who, who was VERY passionate about about the number of awesome toys JJP put in WoZ... not sure why, but TH seems almost bare compared to WoZ (toy-wise).
I just don't see software making that playfield less lonely
Now- the trolls are the one wildcard I see as being a way for him to "change" the playfield. I know many have complained about the trolls (deservedly so), but they *DO* represent a way to alter the playfield a bit. I think they will become a big plus for this game eventually (vs somewhat of an annoyance now).

Wait a minute...stop the presses!! Now the layout on WOZ is good? Pinside has claimed the WOZ layout blows for years. Good to know people have finally came around.

#930 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Id love to know how much extra it costs to have all the inserts produce full color change, In my opinion even the pro's should have this, I guess it might be expensive, I just can't see it costing hundreds of dollars more for this feature, still even if it did I would rather that than an expensive display.

It's the programming costs...

#996 7 years ago

All you guys saying TH is fast are dead wrong. There is nothing wrong with that either. The game does feel floaty. It's a shooters game. Is it slow? No, but I wouldn't call it fast. The orbits can be fast as they are super smooth and you can get some fast returns off the pop ups, but don't kid yourself...this isn't a narrow, fast game. It's a thinking mans game and it's awesome. I'll post my early impressions in the Hobbit owners thread later today.

#1027 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

It was a tough decision, but we decided to part with ST LE. Man, I am going to miss that game. If I had the room, it wouldn't be going anywhere.

That shouldn't have been tough at all. ST is the easy one to dump there.

1 week later
#1144 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

At shows, the lines for Ghostbusters vs. The Hobbit are heavily slanted in GB's favor. At least 5 in most cases that I've seen. At home, it depends on mood entirely. If you have 45 minutes, play one game of The Hobbit. If you have 10 minutes, play two of Ghostbusters. Haha.

It's not LOTR ball times...it's more like SM with opened outlanes. I haven't opened Hobbit's up yet, but that would make it tougher. Good games last 15-20 mins, bad games can be over in less than a minute.

1 week later
#1182 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Honestly the issue is so blown out of proportion on pinside its crazy.. Its no big deal

It's not...I've had a ball stuck ~four times in a pop up since I got the machine. Funny enough, I've got it to happen in each "beast". It usually happens during beast multiball, but they pop back up and out within seconds. If that isn't enough for you, JJP has some plastic guards that prevent it from happening ever. But it's no big deal either way.

1 month later
#1258 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's really a pick your poison issue. To say that either is better comes down to what sort of issue you'd rather deal with (quality of component vs. quality of implementation).

What?

It's a pick what game you like better situation (or both or neither). They're both great games on polar opposite sides of the game type coin. Quality is fine on both. Both will require tweaking (although I've had to tweak a lot on Hobbit to get it playing right). Both companies will resolve any issue you may have.

#1333 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

And that is not surprising. Just like with SPIKE, the fan installed probably changes from batch-to-batch of power supplies. Even within a batch of fans, some might be louder than others. I can hear the WoZ fan from across my gameroom.

Even with noise, does it "disappear" when you play a game or do you still notice it when playing?

#1345 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Exactly. Would be nice if they would spend the extra money on high quality fans for both noise and reliability reasons. Fan failure on SPIKE would not have nearly the potential for damage as on JJP, because the fan on SPIKE is only protecting a cheap ass power supply.

Better for it to be loud so you know when it fails then!

6 months later
#1412 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Even more solid in my opinion now...Ghostbusters is a far better game than The Hobbit. It's not even close.

LOL...and I have the exact opposite opinion. GB is a straight up turd IMO (except the fantastic art).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 25.50
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-vs-hobbit-poll-please-be-tasteful-in-the-comments?tu=pimp77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.