(Topic ID: 155566)

Ghostbusters "Vs" Hobbit - Poll.. Please be tasteful in the comments!!

By frankmac

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,516 posts
  • 225 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Stern Ghostbusters "vs" Jersey Jack Hobbit- What game do you choose?”

• Ghostbusters 606 votes
    66%
  • Hobbit 311 votes
    34%

(917 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161024_191722 (resized).jpg
20170204_212146 (resized).jpg
IMG_0156 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
Messages_Image(1292536202)_(resized).png
half-wits-hero_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
oops_(resized).jpg
oops2_(resized).jpg
oops3_(resized).jpg
oops4_(resized).jpg
shocked_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrmark0673.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#137 8 years ago

LE deposit on GB. Haven't touched TH yet but I'm hoping to put some serious time on one tomorrow at Pinball Wizard.

The lights look great, but the center piece looks like you took the fish tales boat and got rid of everything good about it. I don't know, don't want to judge it too much before playing it, but watching that (French?) video, it isn't quite blowing up my skirt just yet.

#209 8 years ago

Put in some decent time on TH LE 348 today at Pinball Wizard:
- Great lights!
- Long ball times (too long IMO). I'm far from a great player and I could shoot it for quite some time per game. Very few dangerous shots and the outlanes are generous.
- Way too open with not many satisfying shots. Going back and forth between WOZ and TH and Hobbit just seemed so sparce with things to do. WOZ was packed, had more fun on it than I did the last time I played it. Just not enough going on in TH for my taste.
- Slow. Like, really slow. Going from Full Throttle or Mustang to TH made it feel like it was set up on a flat surface.

Definitely not a table I'm interested in owning, GB for sure at this point. I may hate GB by the time it arrives and I can play it, but I already know that I don't like TH, so it's already got that going for it.

#291 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Ive been out of town for a week, but a quick catchup of the last 1000 posts or so would suggest the topper has made it unplayable.

All kidding aside, if what we saw of the topper was the final product and not a prototype or work in progress, I'm either buying it and shipping it to one of the modders on this site to chrome out before I even open the box, or I'll buy something aftermarket from the modders around here.

For as incredible as the machine looks, the topper isn't of the same quality (judging by the few pictures that I have seen). Not knocking it entirely, but when compared to the rest of the machine it sticks out like a sore thumb.

#293 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm sure the final production version will look more polished. In the end it's still going to be a light bar and light bars are not really considered a work of art, lol. However, I personally much rather have the light bar then just a giant Slimer figure that is already in the game, a Marshmallow man head sticking out, etc. Those types of toppers have always come off tacky to me, kinda like sticking a giant alien head on Attack from Mars. The light bar topper just makes sense for this game and the fact that it interacts with the game sounds awesome.

Largely agree, I love the idea of a light bar topper...

Just not that light bar topper haha!

It needs a bit more polish before I would slap it on top of my cab. Some extra detail at the very least. I'm hoping our modders get ultra creative with this one and do something unique (Interactive ghost trap? Spook Central? Vigo?) that will be a no brainer purchase.

#298 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Oh the irony!
I made a tongue-in-cheek comment trying to illustrate the incredible MEANINGLESSNESS of the topper and what happens, 6 comments fixated on a topper (that no one has even seen the final design of).
Oh pinside...

Did you read my quote? It LITERALLY started with "all kidding aside"...

I'm in on an LE.
Topper looks like garbage.
I'm still very, very happy.

#347 8 years ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

14 minute mark... He made the ramp.. Why'd the ball drain?

Had the exact thing happen to me as well when I played it at Pinball Wizard last Friday. I assumed it was a programming issue, but it could be a penalty for a specific mode. Regardless, it sucked big time when it happened as it was a $1.25 per play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 103.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrmark0673.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-vs-hobbit-poll-please-be-tasteful-in-the-comments?tu=mrmark0673 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.