(Topic ID: 155566)

Ghostbusters "Vs" Hobbit - Poll.. Please be tasteful in the comments!!

By frankmac

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,516 posts
  • 225 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Stern Ghostbusters "vs" Jersey Jack Hobbit- What game do you choose?”

• Ghostbusters 606 votes
    66%
  • Hobbit 311 votes
    34%

(917 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161024_191722 (resized).jpg
20170204_212146 (resized).jpg
IMG_0156 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
Messages_Image(1292536202)_(resized).png
half-wits-hero_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
oops_(resized).jpg
oops2_(resized).jpg
oops3_(resized).jpg
oops4_(resized).jpg
shocked_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eryeal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 8 years ago

That's going to be a tough one, because I think there will be different appeal. Just got Hobbit SE today - it definitely reminds me a bit of LOTR in terms of the ruleset and completing different quests. It's definitely going to be quite complicated when the code gets closer to completion. Ghostbusters I feel will appeal much more to the casual gamer, and have more of a "fun" vibe. I view The Hobbit as LOTR, and Ghostbusters as AFM. AFM vs LOTR - two very different games, but AFM is always going to be more "fun" to the casual/non-player because it's just so easy to immediately grasp the rules and what you are supposed to do. The Hobbit will have more of the "wow" factor and get more initial attention, but I think Ghostbusters will be played a lot more.

Again, this is all complete and utter guesswork based off of what we've seen of Ghostbusters. Who knows what both of the games will really end up being like once all the code is done and the games are out there.

#138 8 years ago
Quoted from hooch333:

Not sure what you mean by this, but I am going to pretend you are not insulting me....... My wife and I have been married for 26 years, and have 7 biological children of our own. We then decided to get into foster care, because we love kids and wanted to help others less fortunate then us. We have adopted 3 siblings from that system whose father was incarcerated, and mother is an addict...........When they arrived at our house they would put blankets over their heads and rock against the wall....I have come to learn that neglect is far more destructive then abuse....In the past 3 years they have excelled in our home.
So yeah,....I know what birth control is, and I have 10 kids,......and you know what??? We want more!....What have you done for someone else lately?

I really don't think it was meant to be insulting - none of the comments are, or at least I wouldn't take it that way. I, and I think just about everyone else, greatly applaud you for your foster care volunteering - that really takes a very, very, very unselfish person/family to dedicate that kind of time (of course, having the resources to do it also helps immensely). But don't take things so personal - it's Pinside, people will joke about anything. And if you come on here and say you have 10 kids, that's quite surprising in this day and society, so expect a few jokes about it. All in good fun - none of the comments seemed insulting at all.

#151 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Actually the newest Stems always get trashed. GB is the exception.

The last machine I remember getting this much hype with the announcement/playfield picture release was Metallica.

1 week later
#420 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

If my count is correct, you have 23 shots available to each flipper; includes pop-ups and LOCK rollovers, does not include the yellow stand-up targets behind the drops and the left VUK. All but the mystery shot are important to progress in the game.

Pretty sure most wouldn't count each drop target as a "shot". I would count the bank that they were in as a shot perhaps, but not each individual drop target.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 103.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
Plastics
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe
Toppers
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
15,999 (OBO)
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eryeal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-vs-hobbit-poll-please-be-tasteful-in-the-comments?tu=eryeal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.