(Topic ID: 155566)

Ghostbusters "Vs" Hobbit - Poll.. Please be tasteful in the comments!!

By frankmac

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,516 posts
  • 225 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Stern Ghostbusters "vs" Jersey Jack Hobbit- What game do you choose?”

• Ghostbusters 606 votes
    66%
  • Hobbit 311 votes
    34%

(917 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161024_191722 (resized).jpg
20170204_212146 (resized).jpg
IMG_0156 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
Messages_Image(1292536202)_(resized).png
half-wits-hero_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
oops_(resized).jpg
oops2_(resized).jpg
oops3_(resized).jpg
oops4_(resized).jpg
shocked_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#98 8 years ago

And Ghostbusters is running away with this poll.

1 month later
#635 7 years ago

I've played both very briefly.....so my "initial" impressions are open to change down the road.

GB - Fantastic art, cool layout, tight, brutal.....I want one. For a NIB it offers great bang for your buck.

TH - Also a gorgeous game. Has more of a "wow" factor to the uninitiated. Played better than I thought it would...I had a lot of fun on it.....don't want one. Why you ask? #1 Price VS Performance GB kicks it's ass.....it just does when you factor in the cost. #2 My initial fear looks to have come to fruition....long ball times. It's why LOTR left and won't be back. It's why IM is one of my all time favorites. Hobbit was really fun but to own it and really get to know it would end up turning into very long games, which isn't really my cup of tea (and also why WPT ended up leaving). So far the only slowish game I can stand to have longer games on is WMS IJ.

DMD vs LCD - No contest, the LCD on JJP games looks fantastic and really gives it major "crowd appeal" vs it's rivals. Funny thing is I almost never see the screen when I'm playing

#642 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

One thing I don't quite understand, a game with typically long ball times can usually be made more difficult. On Hobbit, I expect removing the center post, outlane posts and increasing the sling shot power would greatly decrease the ball times.
As long as the game still offers satisfaction in mode completions, multiballs and mini-wizard modes, wouldn't it still be fun and similar to a game like IM that has a simpler rule set?

As others have mentioned IM was designed to be brutal, it was also designed so that you can reach most of the wizard modes in a very short period of time if you play well enough. I don't think I've had a single game over 15 minutes (Average is probably 4) on IM and I've done pretty much everything except see DODMB.....which most mere mortals will never see.

On LOTR I had one game go over 2 hours, I had more games than I could ever count go over an hour. Yes I could have set it up harder but then you won't get very deep and see some of the cool modes. It's designed to be deep and designed to take time in order to see those deeper items (much like TSPP). For many people that's a great thing, I'm just not one of them.

#648 7 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

But is there really much of a difference between not getting to some of the cool modes because the game is set up hard, or the cool modes not being there like in IM?

Yes

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-vs-hobbit-poll-please-be-tasteful-in-the-comments?tu=astropin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.