(Topic ID: 155566)

Ghostbusters "Vs" Hobbit - Poll.. Please be tasteful in the comments!!

By frankmac

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,516 posts
  • 225 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Stern Ghostbusters "vs" Jersey Jack Hobbit- What game do you choose?”

• Ghostbusters 606 votes
    66%
  • Hobbit 311 votes
    34%

(917 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161024_191722 (resized).jpg
20170204_212146 (resized).jpg
IMG_0156 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
Messages_Image(1292536202)_(resized).png
half-wits-hero_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
oops_(resized).jpg
oops2_(resized).jpg
oops3_(resized).jpg
oops4_(resized).jpg
shocked_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hitch9.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#574 7 years ago

I had a great opportunity to play both machines side by side today. My distributor received a GB and had a Hobbit LE as well. I went in and GB and TH were on free play and no-one else to play. I played GB for a long time then immediately went over to play TH. Disclaimer: I have TH on order, with a deposit, but the game will arrive about the same time as GB will come, unless I want the premium. I was surprised, because I thought I would like one over the other, and was prepared to change my order if I liked GB better. I must be one of the few that liked both equally. They are both different play, and feel, but I really had fun playing both of them equally. That really surprised me. I really liked GB, and will probably own one after I save more money. I'm not cancelling my Hobbit order or swapping. My distributor had lots of other pins on free play, but they don't interest me. Both machines look fantastic, and I enjoyed playing both. One thing I will say, that it looks like TH will need more tweaking to dial it in, vs GB, at least from what I could see from playing both today. I agree with a lot of what people have said about GB, but honestly there are "small" negatives about both games, along with some great positives. I think it is a great time in Pinball when we have great options. I would suggest to anyone that is interested in purchasing one of these pins, to go try it themselves. From all the hype about GB, I was figuring I was going to swap my deposit, as I was figuring I was going to be blown away by the game. It is great, but so is Hobbit, so play them yourself to figure out what works for you. I'm one of the few, that came away not feeling swayed one way or the other. I'd be equally happy to have either one in my home.

2 weeks later
#879 7 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

And yet, you DIDNT buy/order the game, so while you may be disagreeing with my assumption, you certainly are supporting it with your actions....
My point was simple:
I've heard of few people that after PLAYING the game, have fallen in love with it.
btw, that in no way makes it unique in the pinball world... I don't recall hearing very many love-at-first-sight stories about Stern WWE or Mustang either, so it's a simple observation- not an indictment.

I guess I'm one of the few. (Without sounding like an add for the army recruiters)
I chose TH over ghost busters. I may buy GB too down the road.

Can't say I "loved" either one, but I felt I had a better chance for a long term relationship with the Hobbit. Besides, it had a "ring" button on the front. I guess that would be fitting for any long term relationship. (Excuse the pun)

#922 7 years ago

My Hobbit is getting delivered on Monday. Perfect timing for new code. Getting pumped!

1 week later
#1070 7 years ago

I have 6.8 and 22 for flipper power.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 49.95
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hitch9.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-vs-hobbit-poll-please-be-tasteful-in-the-comments?tu=Hitch9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.