(Topic ID: 155566)

Ghostbusters "Vs" Hobbit - Poll.. Please be tasteful in the comments!!

By frankmac

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,516 posts
  • 225 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Stern Ghostbusters "vs" Jersey Jack Hobbit- What game do you choose?”

• Ghostbusters 606 votes
    66%
  • Hobbit 311 votes
    34%

(917 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20161024_191722 (resized).jpg
20170204_212146 (resized).jpg
IMG_0156 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
Messages_Image(1292536202)_(resized).png
half-wits-hero_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
oops_(resized).jpg
oops2_(resized).jpg
oops3_(resized).jpg
oops4_(resized).jpg
shocked_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 1,512 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 31.
#1301 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

The Fan on GB Pro is TERRIBLE!

Just fine on mine.

#1302 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

You do know that JJP has sent out replacements and plans on sending out more, right? Same with the left wireform.

You do know that Stern has had to send out entire replacement playfields, right?

This is stupid because I can admit that I like both companies. I'm not shilling for either. Too bad you can't do the same.

#1303 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just fine on mine.

Sounds like a vacuum on mine (which is an LE, but should be the same).

#1304 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

This is stupid because I can admit that I like both companies. I'm not shilling for either. Too bad you can't do the same.

I don't even know what you're talking about. I like JJP. I've said so many times. I've said that WoZ is an all time great game. I have no idea why you, Rob, and the rest of the little Hobbit gang have such a collective boner for everything I post, but it's sad. There are like 5 or 6 of you little dorks running around thumbing up each other and thumbing down every single opinion that's not in total harmony with your Gospel of The Shire. It's borderline psychopathic.

You want to know why Pinside threads devolve into garbage? It's because of people like you who are completely unreasonable and combative. Go find some chill.

#1305 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I don't even know what you're talking about. I like JJP. I've said so many times. I've said that WoZ is an all time great game. I have no idea why you, Rob, and the rest of the little Hobbit gang have such a collective boner for everything I post, but it's sad. There are like 5 or 6 of you little dorks running around thumbing up each other and thumbing down every single opinion that's not in total harmony with your Gospel of The Shire. It's borderline psychopathic.
You want to know why Pinside threads devolve into garbage? It's because of people like you who are completely unreasonable and combative. Go find some chill.

Maybe, just maybe, you should consider that the problem doesn't actually lie with the half dozen Pinsiders that you refer to, and you might actually take a look in the mirror.

It's been awhile since I've seen someone as completely unaware of how their posts come across here as you are.

#1306 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just fine on mine.

Lucky mine is very loud! I am going to replace it!

#1307 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

JJP doesn't make a stripped down nerfed game so your point holds no water.
Compare a full featured game to a full featured game.

Fun is subjective. If both games are equal fun, but one is $3,000 less, which would you buy?

#1308 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Lucky mine is very loud! I am going to replace it!

Me too. Someone else did as well, right? I thought I saw that somewhere. It's loud enough to hear from across the room when running.

#1309 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I've got two kids, 3 and 7, and I had to put GB on the end of the row so that they can reach. Minor annoyance, but still annoying.
I agree about the latches. Much better than traditional lock down mechs.
I'm going to look into replacing the fan. The one in there is loud.

Well a premium is still much cheaper, but GB pro compares well against TH. So does something like ST or Metallica. But even if you eliminate pros, the premiums are still much less in cost.

Again you can't even compare them but you won't see that point so arguing it is useless.

#1310 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Me too. Someone else did as well, right? I thought I saw that somewhere. It's loud enough to hear from across the room when running.

I did see a video on fan replacement. And someone did replace the fan in a GB.

#1311 7 years ago

You know what's awesome about my GOT? You can't hear the fan when you're playing it.

That's one way to fix it.

#1312 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You know what's awesome about my GOT? You can't hear the fan when you're playing it.
That's one way to fix it.

Yeah, for the most part it's not noticeable during play. During quiet moments you pick it up, but it's not a big deal while playing.

Again, good thing GoT and GB are amazing games, because the little QC oversights are annoying. Luckily they're well worth the effort.

#1313 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yup. Can't hear the fans on location with the background noise.

And I think Spike is a pretty decent step forward for Stern. Audio is a lot better. Wi-Fi capabilities, and it can power HD video output as well I believe? More memory is always good. Less wiring is nice as well.

I hope they take advantage of all it can do.

#1314 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Jeff, what's up, dude? You're so mellow on your podcast. Why so hostile on Pinside? It's like watching Jekyl and Hyde.

For what it's worth, Rob is a great guy. Smart, funny, and a real pinhead. While you two obviously clash on Pinside, I'm pretty sure you would get along great in real life.

Anyway, hang in there, dude. Talk about your medical ailments or something to lighten the mood, or hang around Don a little more to lower your blood pressure. It'll get better. LOL.

All the best!

#1315 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Yeah, for the most part it's not noticeable during play. During quiet moments you pick it up, but it's not a big deal while playing.
Again, good thing GoT and GB are amazing games, because the little QC oversights are annoying. Luckily they're well worth the effort.

Agreed, I am going to replace the fan but it does not affect game play and that's what matter most!

#1316 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's borderline psychopathic.

Ummmmmm, no. You might want to look up what that is before using it in this context.

#1317 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Ummmmmm, no. You might want to look up what that is before using it in this context.

This is the last I'm going to say to you. But it fits the bill.

"Psychopathy (/saɪˈkɒpəθi/), also known as sociopathy (/soʊsiˈɒpəθi/), is traditionally defined as a personality disorder expressed by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited behavior."

The way you guys track around Pinside and police opinion is extremely odd. It's hive-minded and hollow. You guys let it slide when anybody dislikes anything but The Hobbit. Well guess what, some people are going to like some games more than The Hobbit. Some people like other games less. Crazy!

If you want to explain why you like something more or less than another thing, nobody should be upset by that. But you guys have gone and made it all personal. It's ridiculous. It's so one-sided. You guys stalk me, and it's gross. Just stop.

#1318 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Jeff, what's up, dude? You're so mellow on your podcast. Why so hostile on Pinside? It's like watching Jekyl and Hyde.

Go read through my post history and watch how often they pick at me when I'm not even talking to or about them. Rob especially can't help himself. I've even had Rob's real life friends text me to apologize for him. If it gets to that point, you know he's out of line.

I just want to talk about pinball, what I like, what I don't like, and why. This personal level stuff is so unwanted.

#1319 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I just want to talk about pinball, what I like, what I don't like, and why. This personal level stuff is so unwanted.

I agree.

Quoted from jar155:

collective boner... little dorks... psychopathic...

#1320 7 years ago

How to tell if you're the idiot:
Have you posted more than anyone else in a combative thread.

I haven't counted, so I'm not accusing anyone.
Just saying.

#1321 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

This personal level stuff is so unwanted.

You really do need to get a dose of reality.

You have dished out the personal level stuff more than anyone.

Let's take a look at some of your posts, shall we?

Quoted from jar155:

collective boner for everything I post, but it's sad. There are like 5 or 6 of you little dorks running around thumbing up each other and thumbing down every single opinion that's not in total harmony with your Gospel of The Shire. It's borderline psychopathic.

Quoted from jar155:

Don't be dense.

Quoted from jar155:

You can stop trying to police my posts around Pinside, because I'm not paying you any attention from here on out. You're not worth the time because you're irrational, manipulative, and frankly, a pretty annoying person.

Quoted from jar155:

Good luck with the future sale on The Hobbit. I hope it doesn't shrink your dick too much to admit you were wrong when the time comes...

Quoted from jar155:

You have issues, dude. Such paranoia isn't healthy. You would have fit right in in Salem. This is the last time I'm going to even respond to you, because you're clearly irrational.

I'm really glad that you have the good decency to not stoop to the personal attacks that you are allegedly a victim of.

And let's not get started with your superiority and arrogance :

Quoted from jar155:

I think it's hard to pick TH if you're being objective.

Quoted from jar155:

Are you always this obstinate, or only when you have money down on a game?

Quoted from jar155:

You want to know why Pinside threads devolve into garbage? It's because of people like you who are completely unreasonable and combative.

This is clearly a case of the pot calling the kettle black, and it's freaking hilarious!

And while it appears to be a completely fruitless effort to get you to look in the mirror, I'm still going to leave you with this anyway: you are the *only* person who I have had any significant ongoing differences with since I began posting here again. Even people who I have had some disagreements with in the past such as Cornelius, I have made amends with. You seem to accuse "5-6 Pinsiders" of stalking you and being borderline psychopaths, but it clearly seems that you are the one being overly sensitive when someone either disagrees with you or points out that something that you said was just wrong (such as when you said that BSD's shot layout was designed with lightning flippers in mind).

My suggestion would be to take your own advice and :

Quoted from jar155:

Go find some chill.

#1322 7 years ago

It really doesn't matter. I'm done talking to them. They can carry on, I won't respond anymore. I thought Rob would tire of responding to a wall, but he hasn't yet. At some point I'm sure it'll click. It goes for all of them. No more responding to that bickering and baiting.

#1323 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It really doesn't matter. I'm done talking to them. They can carry on, I won't respond anymore. I thought Rob would tire of responding to a wall, but he hasn't yet. At some point I'm sure it'll click. It goes for all of them. No more responding to that bickering and baiting.

Man are you cranky. A few of your wives not putting out or something?

#1324 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Let me be clear: you can put me on ignore, and I will still respond to your posts when I disagree strongly enough with it that I feel a response is warranted. So I would suggest that you don't hold your breath waiting for me to stop replying to some of your posts.

And despite your paranoid allegation, I most certainly do not "stalk you" on Pinside. There aren't even that many different threads that I have posted in since I have returned. So don't flatter yourself.

And as far as "responding to that bickering" you do realize that it actually takes *two* people to do that, right? Again, look in the mirror.

Quoted from jar155:

I've even had Rob's real life friends text me to apologize for him. If it gets to that point, you know he's out of line.

This is complete BS.

#1325 7 years ago

The fan on WoZ is louder than any SPIKE fan I've heard yet. It's also in a much tougher location to replace or modify.

#1326 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Let me be clear: you can put me on ignore, and I will still respond to your posts when I disagree strongly
And as far as "responding to that bickering" you do realize that it actually takes *two* people to do that, right?

Remember...

Quoted from Chambahz:

How to tell if you're the idiot:
Have you posted more than anyone else in a combative thread.
I haven't counted, so I'm not accusing anyone.

Sometimes the mature thing to do is *not* respond when you disagree strongly enough.

#1327 7 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Sometimes the mature thing to do is *not* respond when you disagree strongly enough.

I have *never* claimed to be anything remotely approaching "mature."

If I was, I would not be posting on Pinside!

#1328 7 years ago

Yeah, what's the fun in being mature?

#1329 7 years ago

I don't know...mature movies are fun....

#1331 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The fan on WoZ is louder than any SPIKE fan I've heard yet. It's also in a much tougher location to replace or modify.

Yeah, no fan noise on my WOZ!

#1332 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Yeah, no fan noise on my WOZ!

And that is not surprising. Just like with SPIKE, the fan installed probably changes from batch-to-batch of power supplies. Even within a batch of fans, some might be louder than others. I can hear the WoZ fan from across my gameroom.

#1333 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

And that is not surprising. Just like with SPIKE, the fan installed probably changes from batch-to-batch of power supplies. Even within a batch of fans, some might be louder than others. I can hear the WoZ fan from across my gameroom.

Even with noise, does it "disappear" when you play a game or do you still notice it when playing?

#1334 7 years ago

My new RR WOZ is kind of loud, but not bad enough to bother me. It looks like there is a fan on the processor and also a fan on the metal box that holds all the boards. I only really hear it though when no one is playing a game. When you are playing, the game audio totally cancels out the fan noise.

#1335 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Rob especially can't help himself. I've even had Rob's real life friends text me to apologize for him. If it gets to that point, you know he's out of line.

Now I know you're lying. There is no way RobT has real life friends. A couple plastic or inflateable friends, maybe.

#1336 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Even with noise, does it "disappear" when you play a game or do you still notice it when playing?

I only noticed mine when nothing was being played. Same with Game Of Thrones. If the room is silent, you hear the fan. Start any game in the room, and you don't notice it.

And it's a bummer that everything is moving away from passive cooling. Fans fail, and that failure stresses the components the fan was working to keep cool.

#1337 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Now I know you're lying. There is no way RobT has real life friends. A couple plastic or inflateable friends, maybe.

Your mom says hi!

#1338 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Your mom says hi!

Don't forget the $20 she gave you to pass along to him. I know you pocketed it last time.

#1339 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Don't forget the $20 she gave you to pass along to him. I know you pocketed it last time.

#1340 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I only noticed mine when nothing was being played. Same with Game Of Thrones. If the room is silent, you hear the fan. Start any game in the room, and you don't notice it.
And it's a bummer that everything is moving away from passive cooling. Fans fail, and that failure stresses the components the fan was working to keep cool.

Exactly. Would be nice if they would spend the extra money on high quality fans for both noise and reliability reasons. Fan failure on SPIKE would not have nearly the potential for damage as on JJP, because the fan on SPIKE is only protecting a cheap ass power supply.

#1341 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Exactly. Would be nice if they would spend the extra money on high quality fans for both noise and reliability reasons. Fan failure on SPIKE would not have nearly the potential for damage as on JJP, because the fan on SPIKE is only protecting a cheap ass power supply.

Don't know what you are complaining about but my woz and th are silent. You must have an older model. You also seem pretty pissy about JJP products. Maybe time to sell it if it gives you that much heartburn.

#1342 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Maybe time to sell it if it gives you that much heartburn.

Bite your tongue! John is a WOZer for life, no matter how many times he sells it.

#1343 7 years ago

I've never noticed excessive fan noise from my WOZ but from now on I guess I'll be listening for it.

#1344 7 years ago

The fan noise on my Hobbit is definitely louder than I'd like it to be. The fan on my GOT was a bit louder though.

#1345 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Better for it to be loud so you know when it fails then!

#1346 7 years ago

I have gone with a GB PRO and a MET PRO LED at this point I am going to wait on the Hobbit..
I am very pleased so far..

#1347 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I have gone with a GB PRO and a MET PRO LED at this point I am going to wait on the Hobbit..

you have choosen wisely.

#1348 7 years ago

I bought every stern with spike system , fan is not an issue.

#1349 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I don't think much of GB, but MET is a hell of a great game. Enjoy!

#1350 7 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

I bought every stern with spike system , fan is not an issue.

Disagree.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 25.50
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
There are 1,512 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-vs-hobbit-poll-please-be-tasteful-in-the-comments/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.