Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from GamesbyAPK:

What is a vault edition?

Terminology Stern used when they took a game that was long out of production - and did a re-run.

Stern usually has a catalog of games they can decide to run in batches... based on demand they will run games from that catalogto fill orders or fill presumed demand. But eventually a game is 'retired' and is taken out of the production catalog.

Vault is when they go back to an older game and decide to re-run it. In past examples, they have often added minor improvements/modernization as well.

Stern blurred the lines a bit recently with Star Trek.. which really wasn't that far out of production and decided to run more.

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I think that's going against the consensus here.
    I work for a company that makes royalty management software. I don't know anything about Stern's contracts, but I would guess they aren't doing any kind of per game royalties. For one, they're probably not a big enough company to justify the overhead of processing those kinds of royalties, or even if they are, they don't strike me as being organized enough. I also think we'd be hearing more solid production numbers for each game if royalty statements were going out to any stakeholders.

I think the answer is in the middle... I believe they can get bonuses/payments based on how well a game sells. Stern may be savvy enough to limit such things to the first run or time.. So not really royalties as much as simple performance bonuses that can be scoped down - not that the person has any ownership or residual rights to the property in perpetuity.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-vault-edition?tu=flynnibus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.