Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from jbigdoggf:

All,
    Any chance of a Ghostbusters vault anytime relatively soon ? Any rumors of this ?

Sure I’d bet they are dying to put more royalty money into John Trudeau’s pockets. He’s a very popular guy over there.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

Yeah but you have to wonder how his rights to any royalties or other compensation may have been altered as a result of the legal mess. My guess is he was terminated “for cause” and with that termination lost all rights to any further compensation.

Trudeau is a boat anchor around this entire project’s neck. Nobody wants to be reminded of that.

They’re enough Ghostbusters out there don’t see why this needs a vault.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

With half of Hollywood and a good many of our government and CEOs being pedos and riding the Lolita express he should be in good company.

“I wish her well”

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I think it's very unlikely that game designers have royalty deals.

LMAO!!

Anybody want to tell him?

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

Tell me what?

They get royalties. At least the old school guys.

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I think that's going against the consensus here.
    I work for a company that makes royalty management software. I don't know anything about Stern's contracts, but I would guess they aren't doing any kind of per game royalties. For one, they're probably not a big enough company to justify the overhead of processing those kinds of royalties, or even if they are, they don't strike me as being organized enough. I also think we'd be hearing more solid production numbers for each game if royalty statements were going out to any stakeholders.

You can guess all you want. The old school guys - like JT - get royalties on games just like they did at Williams. These are not people who embrace change.

It’s pretty irrelevant anyway. People just continue to dismiss the fact that nobody at stern wants to revisit ghostbusters. Why would they want to relive the worst personnel episode in company history, when they can just move on to the next game?

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Whoa Nelly wasn't a typical game. Nordman and Freres made it as a boutique spec-game and Kapow was involved in some way. Hardly the standard designer working in-house situation.

He didn't get screwed the game just didn't sell for shit.

He was telling people he made $4 in royalties off that or something.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-vault-edition?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.