• Latest reply 4 years ago by Clint12
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SCOOP (resized).jpg
79fa0246-8cd4-43b4-8898-1e3a599fe4eb_1000 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Midway-Man.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#247 6 years ago

Hello Guys,

i have some bugs I haven't found on the list.

All of those Bugs are related to my GB Pro running(of course) 1.13code

-Multiball Ballsave
While in Multiball, shoots in the Subway(right saucer) triggers ballsave but it shouldn't(Shoot-Again starts flashing). Center drains won't be saved(like it should be) but outlane drains will serve a new ball. This bug does occur in every Multiball. I guess(Feature Adjustment #14) "Subway Ball Save Time" should only be available during Mainplay and scenes.

-Captive Ball Bank
Sometime the reset timer is not held properly. For instance while starting Storage Facility Multiball you can hear the the timer running out "beep" and all the balls will be rejected. This does also happen in the Extra-Ball animation, starting Scenes and some more animations.

-Stupid Slimer
Slimer sometimes does stupid things. This might be on purpose but im not sure. If I have Slimer mode going on in order to light scenes. He is normaly jumping up and down slightly(on the Pro) like he should be. But sometimes he moves a bit up(to the middle or upper position) and keeps jumping there for a short amount of time. The ball can't hit him in this position. I haven't found a way to recreate it. I checked the switches, they are working fine... My original Playfield and my new(non-ghosting) Playfield both had the same issue, so it must be related to the Software.

-Left Kicker
If Scenes and Tobins Spirit Guide are lit at the same time. Sometimes the Scene starts before TSG is awarded. The Scene music starts for 2-3 seconds before finally starting TSG after collecting the awards scene music starts again. Shouldn't TSG have priority above Scenes?

-Grace Period
There are actually a few bugs related to grace period fails. For instance, if a mode timed out without completing it and draining the ball while in grace period. The scene is not awarded correctly. Sometimes you'll have to re lite scenes in order to play it again.(Out timed scenes should be awarded, even if not 100% finished)
Another instance if "Back of Man!" or "Stay Puft Marshmallow Man" timed out without completing it and shooting the ball up the main ramp while in grace period(just before Mode total and WKWS is lite message is displayed) both WKWS and one of the Scenes of the Ramp(We Got One, He Slimed me, The Ballroom) start at the same time. However this won't happen all the time. I guess it does only occur if you would be able to start another scene without doing Slimer first.

Thats all for now. Again Ghostbusters Pro 1.13...

Greetings from Germany
Max

1 year later
#266 5 years ago

The last post on this topic was 5 month ago. I know a lot of people have been tired of waiting and probably sold their game in the meantime. 26 month of waiting after the last update is a long time. If Ghostbusters wasn't my first Stern and first NIB game. I would have probably sold it already. I will wait until the end of 2019 if nothing happens in terms of code I will sell it then. But I think, something will happen. George has been honest in his interview at TPF 2018. And I think we can all believe him. Just look at BM66 what it started of and where it is now. George did stick to his promises for BM66 and I would say BM66 now is Sterns showpiece in terms of code. Anyway, if it is true, as soon as Dwight finishes Munsters he will have time to FINALLY revisit Ghostbusters because he is not set to be on any of Sterns upcoming games(yet). With that being said I hope that the size of the GB update is equal if not bigger as the Aerosmith update. The game definitely deserves it.
It would be nice if we could get the bugs and tweaks list at post #1 as big as possible. So everyone reading and posting on this thread can start spamming this list at [email protected] as soon as Munster 1.0 gets announced. Because Dwight already seems to have forgotten about Ghostbusters and all its flaws according to his Interview with the guys of Head2Head pinball podcast.

I have some bugs and tweaks to add to the list.

-Diverting issues.
If playing WCWS multiball while Storage Facility lock(1,2,3) is lit. Every ball shot up the ramp within WCWS gets diverted into the right saucer. Storage Facility lock insert is not shown lit during WCWS, but if it was lit before starting WCWS it will have this behavior. If Storage Facility wasn't lit before starting WCWS it can be lit by pict-o-pops or reaching the amount of ghosts. If Storage Facility gets lit during WCWS it is indicated by a sound and a short flashing to the Storage Facility insert. The light will remain off after that. (Pro)

-Storage Facility start animation.
There are some lights missing at the start animation of Storage Facility multiball.
Library Lock Arrow(red)
Spinner Flasher(red)
Stay Puft(red)
(Pro, Premium, LE)

-Dont cross the streams.
There is a bug in the mode. After catching a ghost and NOT pressing the flipper button. The stream will go inward to the next ghost, instead of outward like it should be with no button pressed. (Pro, Premium, LE)

-Tobins spirit guide.
Tobins spirit guide should also be available during modes. Active mode should be getting paused while TSG is getting awarded. Right now its too hard to achieve TSG, there is always a mode running. (Pro, Premium, LE)

-ESP Video mode.
Video modes should also be available during modes. Not only in mainplay. (Pro, Premium, LE)

-Right kickout flasher.
On the Premium/LE the right outlane flasher is used to indicate the ball kickout at the right scoop. Better use the build in red mars dome flasher on top on the storage facility assembly. (Premium/LE)

-Loopin´ supers
Add a light animation to looping supers mode. Right not the two red mars dome flashers at the ramp do barely anything. What about letting them each alternately double flash. (Pro, Premium, LE)

-PKE Frenzy, Loopin´ supers stacking.
PKE Frenzy and Loopin´ supers should not be getting stacked with ladder missions. Because either the ladder missions or PKE or Loopin´ gets ignored and fails.
However PKE and Looping´ during multiballs should still be allowed. (Pro, Premium, LE)

-Mass Hysteria multiball should not be starting on its own.
The sudden and always unexpected start of this multiball is frustrating because of the inverted flipper change. Don't start this multiball before collecting it at some point. Add a display effect and message to notify the player of the flipper change. Remove the flipper change feature during this multiball from the captive ball. So the flipper stay inverted during the whole multiball. After draining down to one ball add a short ball saver to the multiball end. So a player can handle the flipper change once again. (Pro, Premium, LE)

-Left orbit up-post.
If a ball is being held at the left orbit up-post. Light up the flasher at the spinner, so casual players don't get confused where the ball went.

-Right ladder mission start.
Make it so that a mission only start if both switches right and left orbit have been hit and the loop is successfully made. Like in earlier code revisions.

-Change the debounce timing of the Right Eject switch.
Like done in Aerosmith code. So the game does not perform a courteous kick before the ball is laying still. If balls are shoot hard and fast into the saucer the switch gets sometimes activated to often. (Pro only)

-Clean up left captive ball rule.
Right now its not always clear when, how and why award are given out. Also use the RGB library arrow insert to indicate.

That should be all for now what is in my head

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 103.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

15,699 (OBO)
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Midway-Man.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-v113-bugs-and-features?tu=Midway-Man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.