• Latest reply 4 years ago by Clint12
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SCOOP (resized).jpg
79fa0246-8cd4-43b4-8898-1e3a599fe4eb_1000 (resized).jpg

There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Had a strange bug last night when playing gozer the gozarion mode and pke started. All flashers on the left (ramp, backpanel, gozer, slimer lightning bolt) seemed to stay lit at full brightness. When I drained my ball, all went back to normal.

Had the same situation again today, again both on the 3rd mode (gozer) with PKE combined. During extra ball collected animation, flashers went out so think it's a software bug (pro model)

#252 6 years ago

I love this game but my thoughts are:

- allow the flipper swap in mass hysteria to be able to be turned off, and if turned on there should be a cool loud call out "reverse flippers" and at the end "normal flippers" - one of the most frustrating things in this game when you don't know when the flippers swap on or off - kills a game almost everytime.

- have the red inserts in the lhs and rhs outlanes stay red and on and solid if there is a ball save active maybe from collecting gear

- a mode for librarian as maybe the third mission after the first 2 modes on that ladder

- when hitting slimer use the ghost lights as a indicator of how many shots left to hit - at the moment they just scroll....
easy setting could be the first 3 are already lit - then needing 2 more hits
medium setting could be the first 2 are already lit - then needing 3 more hits
hard setting could be the first 1 are already lit - then needing 4 more hits
tournament setting could be the first 3 are already lit - then needing 2 more hits

- kill the cheat for mode select on the rhs ladder on ball launch

- a cool light show and rules for the final wizard mode

- maybe some cool awards if you complete each ladder in order from left to right - "Ghost Catching Master Award" gets a "x" millions

- maybe in a mass hysteria or a new multiball - points are deducted when going into the pops or if you hit certain targets - maybe flash those arrows "orange" of something.....

2 weeks later
#253 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Had the same situation again today, again both on the 3rd mode (gozer) with PKE combined. During extra ball collected animation, flashers went out so think it's a software bug (pro model)

Ok after doubting I had something going on with my game I found another pro machine (actually a video online) that has the same problem. It seems to happen always during PKE frenzy, not connected to a specific running mode
Watch the 8:13 mark for all playfield flashers to come on during PKE frenzy:

1 week later
#254 6 years ago

New bug, but I haven't been able to nail it down to happen every time, but on the GB Premium, OCCASIONALLY when you finish a game, the first time through the attract mode immediately following the ended game, the trivia screen will simply say INVALID, in the normal size trivia font, centered on the screen.

#255 6 years ago

set a new GC over 6 Billion tonight!! I got to Stay Puft with the 6x multipliers, and started Storage Facility Multiball. highly recommended if you can pull it off!

3 months later
#256 5 years ago

With some kind of update coming, it seems a good time to report two new bugs.

1) Tobin's and Negative Reinforcements do not light when awarded by collecting ghosts, Tobin awards, or pop awards (not 100% on this one) when a mode is active.
- If these are awarded and lit when not in a mode, the award is turned off if a mode is started before collecting.
- If an award is granted but unlit during a mode, completion of the mode and moving right into the next mode on the same shot, keeps the award unlit.
It has been suggested that this is an intended behavior, however I would argue if the game message is "Light xyz" then xyz needs to be lit without condition. Also, none of the other light awards behave this way.

2) During a lost ball search, slimer will swings out (prem/le only). Initially he swings from the 3 o'clock position to 9 o'clock, pauses, then swing back to 3 o'clock. If a switch is triggered while he is in the pause, the game will choke and sputter and then restart.

4 weeks later
#257 5 years ago

I don't think this has been reported before. It's either a bug, or something the programmer did intentionally. Either way, I think it should be fixed. In my GB Premium, during gameplay, the pop-bumper flasher (the big round insert) is normally-on instead of normally-off. When the ball hits the pop-bumpers, the flasher flashes off (instead of flashing on). Just the opposite of what it should do. If it's intentional, I guess it's clever. Problem is, the split-second "off" flashes are a real nothing-burger, barely noticeable. The rest of the time, seeing as how it's a white flasher and it's almost always on, it adds to the bright playfield illumination (which is the last thing GB needs).

#258 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

I don't think this has been reported before. It's either a bug, or something the programmer did intentionally. Either way, I think it should be fixed. In my GB Premium, during gameplay, the pop-bumper flasher (the big round insert) is normally-on instead of normally-off. When the ball hits the pop-bumpers, the flasher flashes off (instead of flashing on). Just the opposite of what it should do. If it's intentional, I guess it's clever. Problem is, the split-second "off" flashes are a real nothing-burger, barely noticeable. The rest of the time, seeing as how it's a white flasher and it's almost always on, it adds to the bright playfield illumination (which is the last thing GB needs).

I noticed that as well... I thought there was a problem with the slingshots.... Hope they will fix that behavior.

#259 5 years ago

had a few great games today but then had a weird problem / or bug, where coming out of a multiball the top inlanes and ramp switches along with the switch from the right orbit to the top in lane area didn't trigger, kept going for about 30 seconds and then let the ball drain and turned off the game to see if it was a problem maybe with a node board. Re-started and had a few more games with all switches working.

The multiball was noting special except for getting a few add a balls or ball saves as just kept getting balls for a bit.

anyone else experienced something like this?

#260 5 years ago

I have noticed something different for one of the bugs you mention. You said you only get stuck in the wrtby wizard mode on the pro if mass hysteria was running too. For me it happens in that mode regardless if a ball gets in the left hole, no mass hysteria needed. Super annoying and disappointing. Happened to me on two games before I started just draining out of the wizard mode

#261 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

I have noticed something different for one of the bugs you mention. You said you only get stuck in the wrtby wizard mode on the pro if mass hysteria was running too. For me it happens in that mode regardless if a ball gets in the left hole, no mass hysteria needed. Super annoying and disappointing. Happened to me on two games before I started just draining out of the wizard mode

now that you say that I had, you refreshed my game as I just completed the left branch of modes (spooked librarian & back off man) and on a pro as well

1 month later
#262 5 years ago

Hopefully we get some indication of when Ghostbusters code update will come. We have to be getting close...

#263 5 years ago

I read somewhere the GB was getting worked on after SW...and the SW update was just released.

1 month later
#264 5 years ago

Added a new bug to the list today for the Prem/LE:
If you lock two balls (maybe even 1 ball, but I locked 2), the game ends and you start the next game without letting it clear the subway, when you lock the next balls in the NEW game, it will not pause for the lock animation. Ball goes in, lock animation starts, ball is ejected while lock animation is still playing. It's quite surprising the first time it happens.

We have to be getting close to the GB update, so if you have any unlisted bugs or niggles, speak now or be prepared to live with them forever.

1 week later
#265 5 years ago

Didn't realize the Gozer Champion being broken like the Terror Dog champ wasn't on the bug list, so added that.

5 months later
#266 5 years ago

The last post on this topic was 5 month ago. I know a lot of people have been tired of waiting and probably sold their game in the meantime. 26 month of waiting after the last update is a long time. If Ghostbusters wasn't my first Stern and first NIB game. I would have probably sold it already. I will wait until the end of 2019 if nothing happens in terms of code I will sell it then. But I think, something will happen. George has been honest in his interview at TPF 2018. And I think we can all believe him. Just look at BM66 what it started of and where it is now. George did stick to his promises for BM66 and I would say BM66 now is Sterns showpiece in terms of code. Anyway, if it is true, as soon as Dwight finishes Munsters he will have time to FINALLY revisit Ghostbusters because he is not set to be on any of Sterns upcoming games(yet). With that being said I hope that the size of the GB update is equal if not bigger as the Aerosmith update. The game definitely deserves it.
It would be nice if we could get the bugs and tweaks list at post #1 as big as possible. So everyone reading and posting on this thread can start spamming this list at [email protected] as soon as Munster 1.0 gets announced. Because Dwight already seems to have forgotten about Ghostbusters and all its flaws according to his Interview with the guys of Head2Head pinball podcast.

I have some bugs and tweaks to add to the list.

-Diverting issues.
If playing WCWS multiball while Storage Facility lock(1,2,3) is lit. Every ball shot up the ramp within WCWS gets diverted into the right saucer. Storage Facility lock insert is not shown lit during WCWS, but if it was lit before starting WCWS it will have this behavior. If Storage Facility wasn't lit before starting WCWS it can be lit by pict-o-pops or reaching the amount of ghosts. If Storage Facility gets lit during WCWS it is indicated by a sound and a short flashing to the Storage Facility insert. The light will remain off after that. (Pro)

-Storage Facility start animation.
There are some lights missing at the start animation of Storage Facility multiball.
Library Lock Arrow(red)
Spinner Flasher(red)
Stay Puft(red)
(Pro, Premium, LE)

-Dont cross the streams.
There is a bug in the mode. After catching a ghost and NOT pressing the flipper button. The stream will go inward to the next ghost, instead of outward like it should be with no button pressed. (Pro, Premium, LE)

-Tobins spirit guide.
Tobins spirit guide should also be available during modes. Active mode should be getting paused while TSG is getting awarded. Right now its too hard to achieve TSG, there is always a mode running. (Pro, Premium, LE)

-ESP Video mode.
Video modes should also be available during modes. Not only in mainplay. (Pro, Premium, LE)

-Right kickout flasher.
On the Premium/LE the right outlane flasher is used to indicate the ball kickout at the right scoop. Better use the build in red mars dome flasher on top on the storage facility assembly. (Premium/LE)

-Loopin´ supers
Add a light animation to looping supers mode. Right not the two red mars dome flashers at the ramp do barely anything. What about letting them each alternately double flash. (Pro, Premium, LE)

-PKE Frenzy, Loopin´ supers stacking.
PKE Frenzy and Loopin´ supers should not be getting stacked with ladder missions. Because either the ladder missions or PKE or Loopin´ gets ignored and fails.
However PKE and Looping´ during multiballs should still be allowed. (Pro, Premium, LE)

-Mass Hysteria multiball should not be starting on its own.
The sudden and always unexpected start of this multiball is frustrating because of the inverted flipper change. Don't start this multiball before collecting it at some point. Add a display effect and message to notify the player of the flipper change. Remove the flipper change feature during this multiball from the captive ball. So the flipper stay inverted during the whole multiball. After draining down to one ball add a short ball saver to the multiball end. So a player can handle the flipper change once again. (Pro, Premium, LE)

-Left orbit up-post.
If a ball is being held at the left orbit up-post. Light up the flasher at the spinner, so casual players don't get confused where the ball went.

-Right ladder mission start.
Make it so that a mission only start if both switches right and left orbit have been hit and the loop is successfully made. Like in earlier code revisions.

-Change the debounce timing of the Right Eject switch.
Like done in Aerosmith code. So the game does not perform a courteous kick before the ball is laying still. If balls are shoot hard and fast into the saucer the switch gets sometimes activated to often. (Pro only)

-Clean up left captive ball rule.
Right now its not always clear when, how and why award are given out. Also use the RGB library arrow insert to indicate.

That should be all for now what is in my head

#267 5 years ago

The score needs to show up on the DMD much more often, as well as what ball number you are on.

#268 5 years ago

Early this morning, I emailed my concerns along with this running list to the Stern bugfix address as well as Gary, Dwight and George. Crickets so far...they probably have a filter set to forward any email with GB in it to the trash! haha.

#269 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

.................they probably have a filter set to forward any email with GB in it to the trash! haha.

They probably have a filter set to forward any email with "pinball" or "STERN" in it to the trash!

#270 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

They probably have a filter set to forward any email with "pinball" or "STERN" in it to the trash!

Dwight does answer his direct emails on occasion. Bug report email will also contact you if it's a bug they feel is important and they want more information. It's not super rare.

#271 5 years ago

As you could see there is a smiley after my posting ..... humor, funny situation, not serious

However .. I am not intrested in contacting them at Stern , but I would love to get an update for my GB.
I had a Munsters for nearly 2 weeks and swapped it with a GB ... better choice in software and gameplay

2 months later
#272 4 years ago

Bought brand new pro and can’t get a multi ball do I need to update the code I even u tubed it and still can’t get it when I try to do it manually?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-v113-bugs-and-features/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.