• Latest reply 4 years ago by Clint12
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SCOOP (resized).jpg
79fa0246-8cd4-43b4-8898-1e3a599fe4eb_1000 (resized).jpg

There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's under the ghostbusters-specific adjustments menu, I think. The weird thing is I don't remember any R-Rated language in either PG movie, but with this on (to get the "dick" quote) it also allowed an attract mode callout (if you hit a flipper button) with an F-bomb that I do NOT remember from either movie, so I wonder where it came from.

Thanks! I'll check it when I get home!!

1 month later
#202 6 years ago

ran into a new bug the other night on my GB Pro. i got the ball wedged underneath slimer while he was in the down position. it was wedged pretty good, i couldn't get it out without tilting.

after a while, ball search started, but the ball search doesn't raise and lower slimer! after 3 cycles through the ball search, the game killed the flippers and ended my ball -- and THEN slimer raised up, freeing the stuck ball! thaaaanks.

the real bug here is that the ball search doesn't raise and lower slimer on GB Pro.

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

ran into a new bug the other night on my GB Pro. i got the ball wedged underneath slimer while he was in the down position. it was wedged pretty good, i couldn't get it out without tilting.
after a while, ball search started, but the ball search doesn't raise and lower slimer! after 3 cycles through the ball search, the game killed the flippers and ended my ball -- and THEN slimer raised up, freeing the stuck ball! thaaaanks.
the real bug here is that the ball search doesn't raise and lower slimer on GB Pro.

Added to the bug list in the OP.

#204 6 years ago

Has a failed ball search always ended the game on Sterns? I was in a tournament this weekend and the ball kept getting stuck on the ledge of the elevator shot on AS. It would ball search a few times and then end the game. A real bummer if the TD was working with something else and couldn't get to the keys in time.

I wish there was a countdown of some sort to say hit the left button to end game and call attendant, hit the right button to wait 30 second before this option is displayed again. That way in an event you don't have much to worry about, but it also doesn't sit there and search until the power is cut.

#205 6 years ago

Dupe. We need a delete post option for this reason. Hit Quote instead of Edit and didn't realize til it was too late.

#206 6 years ago

simply hold 1 of the flippers, and call/wait for a crew member
than opening the door will not more cut the power (flipper will remain hold), and ball will be replace on your flipper...

but as you have a GB home, you know that already

2 weeks later
#207 6 years ago

Wishlist for Pro:

Comboshots and stacking

1 month later
#208 6 years ago

I came across a bug where I on end of ball 2 the mode "Spook Central" must of timed out.

On the 3rd ball launch I noticed the Spook Central mode was cleared so I used the technique of a small then large plunge to cheat activate the rhs ladder modes and it rekicked in the Spook Central half completed.

#209 6 years ago

wishlist item would be for the red insert on either side of the drain lanes to be consistently linked to mode / feature so then the modders could link to them and be able to trigger a ball interactive mod.

#210 6 years ago

we need the are you a god mode completed too.

#211 6 years ago

another bug that I came across:

- was on second ball and got the middle top lane on skill shot earning a x2 and x3 multiplier and used the x2 during the ball and was in the Spook Central mode when I lost the ball.
- then on the 3rd ball I got the middle top lane on skill again with x3 multiplier ready from the previous ball, but on getting the skill skot I did not get the x2 and x3 multiplier when successfully getting the skill shot.

I would of thought that it would at least replenish the x2 multiplier that was used on the previous ball.

#212 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I would of thought that it would at least replenish the x2 multiplier that was used on the previous ball.

Not a bug, if you have 2x or 3x (or both) standups lit, the middle top lane changes to +5 ghosts. Same with subway hole skillshot while a mode is going (although it might still give you 2x if you only need that).

#213 6 years ago
Quoted from Stepan:

Not a bug, if you have 2x or 3x (or both) standups lit, the middle top lane changes to +5 ghosts. Same with subway hole skillshot while a mode is going (although it might still give you 2x if you only need that).

Yeah, not a bug. the skill shots change depending on whether you have a mode running and what you have lit. Gotta look before you plunge.

#214 6 years ago

Really was hoping new code was released. Feel like this game is being held back bc of it. Ecto googgles and slimmer especially.

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Really was hoping new code was released. Feel like this game is being held back bc of it. Ecto googgles and slimmer especially.

agreed!

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hopefully. I'm not expecting anything until a new version or two comes out for SW.

#217 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Supposedly Ecto goggles have all they're going to get, ghost-wise. Which sucks. WAY too small a selection.

#218 6 years ago

Yes way too small and not used really at all. Would have been perfect mode. Damn.

#219 6 years ago

Well there's a reason why everyone wants a game programmed by Lyman, because he cares about his games so much that he goes above and beyond and will work on these games on his own time. I think if Dwight wants to make Ghostbusters one of the all-time great's, he's going to have to step up like Lyman, as I don't think stern will give him a chance to hopefully do what he needs.

#220 6 years ago

Well,I think Mr Lyman is now doing our B66 updates on the side, AS WELL as our code ! And everyone is screaming about another Stern Pin release soon,a new GG I think!! So,good luck to us

#221 6 years ago
Quoted from Stepan:

Quoted from pezpunk:

Yeah, not a bug. the skill shots change depending on whether you have a mode running and what you have lit. Gotta look before you plunge.

cheers guys, I was not aware... now educated

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Well there's a reason why everyone wants a game programmed by Lyman, because he cares about his games so much that he goes above and beyond and will work on these games on his own time. I think if Dwight wants to make Ghostbusters one of the all-time great's, he's going to have to step up like Lyman, as I don't think stern will give him a chance to hopefully do what he needs.

about Lyman, you're right of course, but i think its more simple than that : its because he's a "player" (and a good one), and than he "feels" the game differently than Dwight & Lonnie

#223 6 years ago

No chance of GB owners starting a go-fund me page to get Dwight to work on it in his free time?

#224 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

No chance of GB owners starting a go-fund me page to get Dwight to work on it in his free time?

I don't think this is a behavior we would like to encourage, to be honest. Yeah, the game needs a pass and polish on code, but it shouldn't come at added expense to the players

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I don't think this is a behavior we would like to encourage, to be honest. Yeah, the game needs a pass and polish on code, but it shouldn't come at added expense to the players

Kind of frustrating. There are modes listed on the instruction card that are simply not implemented. I don't know any word for it other than unfinished.

#226 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Kind of frustrating. There are modes listed on the instruction card that are simply not implemented. I don't know any word for it other than unfinished.

The word is "Sterned" - an unfinished or broken state, sometimes eventually stated to be "as designed."

1 week later
#227 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The word is "Sterned" - an unfinished or broken state, sometimes eventually stated to be "as designed."

GB Premium was my first and only NIB Stern. It looks to me like, at some point, before the code is 100% finished, the lead programmer has to start working on the next title. That's how they roll. Hey Stern... hire a couple more programmers! Seriously, why would I buy another NIB Stern knowing that the code is unfinished and the programmer is already working on something else?

1 week later
#228 6 years ago

I have an odd thing going on with my left target bank bottom lights they lock on when is sweeps left right and up down in attract after a game or two on the more random style light show they turn off and on like normal, on boot up its fine.

#229 6 years ago

After further testing, whichever lights are lit on the left target bank after the game has ended on is what get locked on during attract mode on the sweep style light shows only. If none are lit when game ends none lock on... can anyone replicate this?

#230 6 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

After further testing, whichever lights are lit on the left target bank after the game has ended on is what get locked on during attract mode on the sweep style light shows only. If none are lit when game ends none lock on... can anyone replicate this?

It's a bug, on the list.

"- Proton Pack stand-up target lights partially or completely do not participate in attract mode lightshow. Which lights do/don't seem to be random.[PREMIUM]"

#231 6 years ago

Thanks for the info, sorta calmed my nerves but damn this game has a lot of bugs still.

#232 6 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Thanks for the info, sorta calmed my nerves but damn this game has a lot of bugs still.

That it does. But considerably less than other recent Sterns, so be grateful for small things.

#233 6 years ago

"hire a couple more programmers!"

Agreed. But the problem is you bought the game anyways. I never buy unfinished games or they will keep doing this to us. GB may or may not be the most broken game out there, but if you own one it might feel like it right now.

#234 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

"hire a couple more programmers!"
Agreed. But the problem is you bought the game anyways. I never buy unfinished games or they will keep doing this to us. GB may or may not be the most broken game out there, but if you own one it might feel like it right now.

I bought it to route, just working out the bugs i can i feel like this is the only nib id want for myself because there is so much to the game vs anything else that out for stern. Anywho theyll fix most of it eventually i think a lot of people bought this one

#235 6 years ago

I've found a way to consistently reproduce Spook Central and We Got One running at the same time on my Premium. I had it happen a couple of times during gameplay recently so I decided to track it down. Glass off steps:

1) Set the skill shot to the right orbit so you are ready to start Who brought the Dog, but don't hit it.
2) Start and complete Slimer, so that all first modes are now ready to be started.
3) Start and complete Who Brought the Dog, but end it on left orbit so another mode doesn't automatically start. Now Spook Central should be ready to start, as well as We Got One and Spooked Librarian.
4) Start Spook Central, but don't hit the left ramp, wait for the score to count down to its minimum (1.5 mill). Now hit the left ramp, and We Got One will incorrectly start. Note that I had to hit the left ramp *before* the earthquake animation triggers for it to happen.

#236 6 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I've found a way to consistently reproduce Spook Central and We Got One running at the same time on my Premium. I had it happen a couple of times during gameplay recently so I decided to track it down. Glass off steps:
1) Set the skill shot to the right orbit so you are ready to start Who brought the Dog, but don't hit it.
2) Start and complete Slimer, so that all first modes are now ready to be started.
3) Start and complete Who Brought the Dog, but end it on left orbit so another mode doesn't automatically start. Now Spook Central should be ready to start, as well as We Got One and Spooked Librarian.
4) Start Spook Central, but don't hit the left ramp, wait for the score to count down to its minimum (1.5 mill). Now hit the left ramp, and We Got One will incorrectly start. Note that I had to the left ramp *before* the earthquake animation triggers for it to happen.

Great job! Added the info with this post number to the consolidated bug list.

#237 6 years ago

Anybody hear any rumors about when an update might be coming out? Anyone want to start one? I'd be OK in picking up the end of the year countdown now that KISS had an update recently.

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Anybody hear any rumors about when an update might be coming out? Anyone want to start one? I'd be OK in picking up the end of the year countdown now that KISS had an update recently.

They've been silent on Ghostbusters for a long time. Dwight is on Star Wars full time for now.

2 months later
#239 6 years ago

Where is our code!?

#240 6 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

Where is our code!?

Gathering dust until SW is finished.

#241 6 years ago

I have two more bugs to add to the list:
On ball 3 I had extra ball lit and tobins guide. I put the ball in the scoop to activate tobins guide animation which awarded me another "extra bill lit" it then played the extra ball award animation but the sound seemed muted. I then drained ball 3 and it did not give me my awarded extra ball.
Fix the cheat/bug where you set the skill shot to right orbit. Soft plunge to play sound effect then hard plunge to activate orbit rollover. It will award skill shot every time. This wrecks tournament play for me.

Added over 6 years ago: Found out the extra ball limit setting was set to 0. So that is why they didn't stack. Disregard that bug.

#242 6 years ago

I don't see this listed. Premium.
I have had this happen several times where slimer returns to home while the display tells you to hit him to light modes. No matter how many times you hit GHOST he never comes back making it impossible to start a mode. Next game, it's fine. No idea how to get into this condition.

There should be a code check to ensure that slimer is not in its home position when attempting to start a mode. If slimer is broken ( it's not) hitting GHOST enough times should light the modes.

#243 6 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

I don't see this listed. Premium.
I have had this happen several times where slimer returns to home while the display tells you to hit him to light modes. No matter how many times you hit GHOST he never comes back making it impossible to start a mode. Next game, it's fine. No idea how to get into this condition.
There should be a code check to ensure that slimer is not in its home position when attempting to start a mode. If slimer is broken ( it's not) hitting GHOST enough times should light the modes.

Likely your Opto on the Ecto Goggles is intermittent or bad. Sometimes the Slimer will go home and show up in the ecto goggles instead. You have to hit that to finish him off - it's always the last hit. But if your opto for that is intermittent or bad, you won't be able to finish.

#244 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Likely your Opto on the Ecto Goggles is intermittent or bad. Sometimes the Slimer will go home and show up in the ecto goggles instead. You have to hit that to finish him off - it's always the last hit. But if your opto for that is intermittent or bad, you won't be able to finish.

Thanks, I'll check it out!

3 weeks later
#245 6 years ago

There really needs to be software compensation for the Ecto Goggle optos going out, because you can't finish slimer off sometimes when he ends up in the goggles for the last shot.

#246 6 years ago

Had a strange bug last night when playing gozer the gozarion mode and pke started. All flashers on the left (ramp, backpanel, gozer, slimer lightning bolt) seemed to stay lit at full brightness. When I drained my ball, all went back to normal.

2 weeks later
#247 6 years ago

Hello Guys,

i have some bugs I haven't found on the list.

All of those Bugs are related to my GB Pro running(of course) 1.13code

-Multiball Ballsave
While in Multiball, shoots in the Subway(right saucer) triggers ballsave but it shouldn't(Shoot-Again starts flashing). Center drains won't be saved(like it should be) but outlane drains will serve a new ball. This bug does occur in every Multiball. I guess(Feature Adjustment #14) "Subway Ball Save Time" should only be available during Mainplay and scenes.

-Captive Ball Bank
Sometime the reset timer is not held properly. For instance while starting Storage Facility Multiball you can hear the the timer running out "beep" and all the balls will be rejected. This does also happen in the Extra-Ball animation, starting Scenes and some more animations.

-Stupid Slimer
Slimer sometimes does stupid things. This might be on purpose but im not sure. If I have Slimer mode going on in order to light scenes. He is normaly jumping up and down slightly(on the Pro) like he should be. But sometimes he moves a bit up(to the middle or upper position) and keeps jumping there for a short amount of time. The ball can't hit him in this position. I haven't found a way to recreate it. I checked the switches, they are working fine... My original Playfield and my new(non-ghosting) Playfield both had the same issue, so it must be related to the Software.

-Left Kicker
If Scenes and Tobins Spirit Guide are lit at the same time. Sometimes the Scene starts before TSG is awarded. The Scene music starts for 2-3 seconds before finally starting TSG after collecting the awards scene music starts again. Shouldn't TSG have priority above Scenes?

-Grace Period
There are actually a few bugs related to grace period fails. For instance, if a mode timed out without completing it and draining the ball while in grace period. The scene is not awarded correctly. Sometimes you'll have to re lite scenes in order to play it again.(Out timed scenes should be awarded, even if not 100% finished)
Another instance if "Back of Man!" or "Stay Puft Marshmallow Man" timed out without completing it and shooting the ball up the main ramp while in grace period(just before Mode total and WKWS is lite message is displayed) both WKWS and one of the Scenes of the Ramp(We Got One, He Slimed me, The Ballroom) start at the same time. However this won't happen all the time. I guess it does only occur if you would be able to start another scene without doing Slimer first.

Thats all for now. Again Ghostbusters Pro 1.13...

Greetings from Germany
Max

#248 6 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

-Stupid Slimer
Slimer sometimes does stupid things. This might be on purpose but im not sure. If I have Slimer mode going on in order to light scenes. He is normaly jumping up and down slightly(on the Pro) like he should be. But sometimes he moves a bit up(to the middle or upper position) and keeps jumping there for a short amount of time. The ball can't hit him in this position. I haven't found a way to recreate it. I checked the switches, they are working fine... My original Playfield and my new(non-ghosting) Playfield both had the same issue, so it must be related to the Software.

I can confirm the stupid slimer

#249 6 years ago

I noticed a bug where instead of having to hit Slimer 3x to qualify mode start, I had only hit him once and then it was qualified when Loopin' Supers was enabled. Kind of a nice bug.

#250 6 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I noticed a bug where instead of having to hit Slimer 3x to qualify mode start, I had only hit him once and then it was qualified when Loopin' Supers was enabled. Kind of a nice bug.

I've seen this one too. Sometimes once, sometimes 3x.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-v113-bugs-and-features/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.