• Latest reply 4 years ago by Clint12
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SCOOP (resized).jpg
79fa0246-8cd4-43b4-8898-1e3a599fe4eb_1000 (resized).jpg
There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

My game is not lighting Tobin's Spirit Guide at 20 ghosts or ESP/Don't Cross the Stream at 40. Is anyone else seeing this?

Are you in a mode when that happens? It will not light while in a mode. When the mode's done, it should light.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Are you in a mode when that happens? It will not light while in a mode. When the mode's done, it should light.

That might be what it is. I'll pay better attention next time and see. Thank you

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

That might be what it is. I'll pay better attention next time and see. Thank you

It IS confusing the way it is. Not sure how they could do it otherwise, other than not give those awards while in a mode. Once you know how it works, it's fine.

#54 7 years ago

first feedback from me on 1.13, not enough free time to play it deep

the MHMB is now very fun as it, even if the sound sample is too low (need for sure a small tweak there) because lots of things are happening on the PF which means lots of noise

to me (i admit it could be still quite difficult for most of us) its just pure fun now, no more problem while flippers changing as you know it will come (small delay after the sound, nice idea too), no need to "watch" for the captive ball, just focuse on keeping balls in play, while shooting evwhere or just controlling, its very fun and finally well in MASS HYSTERIA theme

now a minus point, not a bug : about the right ladder, now you'll launch next mission just with the only right lane switch; before you'll need that switch+left lane switch... was better before because now, if the shoot is not powerfull enough, you could start next mission while ball is finishing in uppers lanes & bumpers, as mission is running already... not a good idea from a "gameplay" point of view, better needing making the complete turn while having ball blocked at the pop up at the spinner

more report later, and tanx again Dwight for reading/listening to us

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I really like the two running together on the pro. But, on the premium / LE, not so much. Slimmer is always in the way. I feel like it takes alittle away from the loopin' mode. And I always get it when I'm in multiball. Never fails!
Brian

I got the LE and think it sucks, like you say, it's either slimer or the scolari that's in the way, so most of the time I maybe get 1 or 2 supers. Since I'm more of an on the fly than strategy player I don't plan ahead, so lots of times loopin super starts, but the ramp is also lit for SFMB

Added over 7 years ago: On the LE the loopin supers is more difficult anyway than on a Pro, the Pro doesn't have the lights near the slings flashing like crazy when the ball is near your flippers, so it's a bit easier to aim your shot....or maybe I just suck

#56 7 years ago

a lot of people are saying a lot more call outs. So far I only heard 1 extra (proton pack hit). What else am I missing?

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

a lot of people are saying a lot more call outs. So far I only heard 1 extra (proton pack hit). What else am I missing?

I agree, I haven't noticed anything new

#58 7 years ago

Well there's the new ' Storage Facility Multiball ' callout ( I think its new? ), but the timing of the callout could be better, its right when my shaker motor is making the playfield glass rattle like hell

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

tanx again Dwight for reading/listening to us

Dwight can you add a "Ghost Champion" like "Walker champion" on the Walking Dead

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from yoyokopter:

Dwight can you add a "Ghost Champion" like "Walker champion" on the Walking Dead

I have never understood why Stern don't copy the high score categories across from game to game, TWD has a great amount of high scores to beat and achieve, SM was also another great game with loads of scores to beat, I love my STLE with multiple scores, it just gives you more to achieve and play for especially in a home environment. I would love to see it more and more on future titles especially with Spike 2 now up and running.

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from yoyokopter:

Added to the OP.

#62 7 years ago

I agree that the new code plays well, though I only had the previous version for a few days, and appreciate the continued improvements.

One possible glitch I experienced when running through the game with the glass off (if only I were actually that good!): somewhere after WCWS and before Stay Puft--I think just after a slimer hit--the sound sputtered, everything froze, and the game shut down and restarted. No problems since. Has anyone else experienced something like this? Could it be a hardware issue?

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I agree that the new code plays well, though I only had the previous version for a few days, and appreciate the continued improvements.
One possible glitch I experienced when running through the game with the glass off (if only I were actually that good!): somewhere after WCWS and before Stay Puft--I think just after a slimer hit--the sound sputtered, everything froze, and the game shut down and restarted. No problems since. Has anyone else experienced something like this? Could it be a hardware issue?

It's a software bug. Been around for a few revisions. I was able to give exact instructions for reproducing it with ball search, but they fixed that method, so no one can reproduce conditions to make this happen reliably now, but it definitely still happens. Still looking for someone to give reproducible instructions for making it happen reliably.

#64 7 years ago

The game is amazing. So much better than it was in the beginning. New code is good. It's tough but when you get a good game in it's very rewarding!!!

#65 7 years ago

I would like to see the gear awards do more and count for more.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I really like the two running together on the pro. But, on the premium / LE, not so much. Slimmer is always in the way. I feel like it takes alittle away from the loopin' mode. And I always get it when I'm in multiball. Never fails!
Brian

I haven't played on a premium/le but I always wondered if that would be an issue.

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I would like to see the gear awards do more and count for more.

I'd like to see posts and outlines count for more. I'd be a world champ.

#68 7 years ago

I'd also like to see some variety with the code on the captive balls on the left. Something other than a hurry up and something where they wouldn't reset on a timer.

#69 7 years ago

ok more feedback (most still the same as since 1.12)

* not bugs, but needing attention (gameplay) :

- TOBIN'S mystery awards left scoop : not giving all item listed on the screen (somethime its way too much : light extra ball, bonus hold, light pf multiplicators...), but let the player choose just 1 and only 1 of them (by flipping twice), or just get the last (by doing nothing & waiting)
- GEAR & RIVER OF SLIME hurry up : after having setting some big waiting points, if you'll miss the shoots before timer is out (left stand up targets or right scoop), points are NOT reseted to initial value, but are still there if you redo the left ramp or the right lane (and also, to make people really wanna aim for this, set bigger points values, especially on the RIVER OF SLIME, as right scoop is a hard shoot)

* ideas :

- LIBRARIAN insert not being used : split the 2 videos modes : ESP ABILITY alone on the right scoop, as in previous code (else nobody play that anymore, and its a pity, as its fun & hilarous, perfectly linked to the theme/movie), and than DONT CROSS THE STREAMS available on the left scoop (activated with book stacking captive ball), only when NOT in mutiball (and not in mode !?)
- inner-inner lanes at slingshots : collectings X switches activate a ball saver in 1 of the outlanes (these swapping side with slingshot hits, using red inserts at the outlanes), OR collecting X switches advance the spinner level (with no max)
- PKE upper lanes : why maxed at X20 ? i know you did it as it on your previous pins ... than after X20 giving big points would be quite logical (as now its just the same points amout of 50K)

#70 7 years ago

I would love to see the delay from unlit scoop shots reduced. It seems like there are two alerts given before the ball is ejected from the scoop. It would be great if it gave you the ball back much quicker.
Same thing with the SF locks on the Pre/LE... There are 2 unskipable animations for the lock and it's also usually stacked with a mode award animation. Watching 3 animations for so many left ramp shots becomes tedeous and it seems like it could be consolidated and cut down to speed up play.

#71 7 years ago

I haven't put much time on 1.13 yet, but I noticed situations in our league night where some modes were available, but not all. E.g librarian and we got one were flashing, who brought the dog and spook central were solid and Gozer was not lit. Anyone seen this and understand what is happening? I think it was related to mode timing out, slimer being out (and possibly chased away) during the timed out mode.

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I would love to see the delay from unlit scoop shots reduced. It seems like there are two alerts given before the ball is ejected from the scoop. It would be great if it gave you the ball back much quicker.
Same thing with the SF locks on the Pre/LE... There are 2 unskipable animations for the lock and it's also usually stacked with a mode award animation. Watching 3 animations for so many left ramp shots becomes tedeous and it seems like it could be consolidated and cut down to speed up play.

Touched on an interesting idea.....variable time kickouts.....from instant, to a few seconds. User controlled, but also variable setting.

That would be a cool coding trick with existing hardware.

My VUK is loose a little, so depending on how the ball enters, I will get fast to flipper left, SDTM, not as fast to right, or dribble out to outlanes.

Im debating whether to tighten or not as it adds unpredictability to ball movement, and keeps me on my toes!

#73 7 years ago

What do folks think about varying up the award for the don't cross the streams video mode for a combination of points and ghosts rather than just points? Maybe the player could choose at the end of the mode, or there could be a choice in the options menu.

A ghost award would fit the theme of the mode, and would make mass hysteria multiball more accessible for mere pinball mortals like me.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

On 1.05, the kickouts were MUCH faster - there was the sound effect AND the flashing light AT THE SAME TIME, followed by the kickout.

Now the sound plays first, then the light, then the kickout. Makes a big difference. Not sure why it was changed.

#75 7 years ago

Are you guys having issues with the storage facility lock with the new code? If you are in a mode and you have a lock lit and hit the ramp, most of the time it just lets the ball through then make the lock animation/sounds a little later when the ball is still in play. I don't have a mechanical issue with the diverter not catching the ball as it works when I'm out of a mode or nothing is really going on, but anytime lock is lit and i'm in a mode or something is running, it doesn't catch the ball and hold it for the lock.

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Are you guys having issues with the storage facility lock with the new code? If you are in a mode and you have a lock lit and hit the ramp, most of the time it just lets the ball through then make the lock animation/sounds a little later when the ball is still in play. I don't have a mechanical issue with the diverter not catching the ball as it works when I'm out of a mode or nothing is really going on, but anytime lock is lit and i'm in a mode or something is running, it doesn't catch the ball and hold it for the lock.

Funny you mention that. Yesterday at a tournament I lost the game because I was epxecting the ball to go in the SF and it went right through even if the SF light was lit. Unsure now if I was running a mode.

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

What do folks think about varying up the award for the don't cross the streams video mode for a combination of points and ghosts rather than just points? Maybe the player could choose at the end of the mode, or there could be a choice in the options menu.
A ghost award would fit the theme of the mode, and would make mass hysteria multiball more accessible for mere pinball mortals like me.

I don't agree. The difficulty of the game has been toned down enough already and there's no ability to customize some difficulty settings. Maybe if there were more customization settings, you could make the game even easier for yourself to get to MHMB more. I would make some things more difficult myself. For example, I don't want ghosts lighting locks or add-a-ball lit at start. Maybe 1 captive ball hit to light add-a-ball. Otherwise, I feel the purpose of the captive balls is becoming moot.... SFMB is way too easy for me to achieve now and sometimes I don't want to start it (yet).

Rob

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Funny you mention that. Yesterday at a tournament I lost the game because I was epxecting the ball to go in the SF and it went right through even if the SF light was lit. Unsure now if I was running a mode.

I've had this happen a few times, but it's very rare. The first time I noticed it was right after I updated to 1.12.

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

- Found a couple speech calls that will be censored if the game is set to not

Quoted from PinMonk:

balls out on the playfield as player is stuck in video mode. Balls drain. When video mode ends, tallies up bonuses for that ball and ends that turn.

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from ts4z:

Quoted from vireland:

- Found a couple speech calls that will be censored if the game is set to not

Quoted from vireland:

balls out on the playfield as player is stuck in video mode. Balls drain. When video mode ends, tallies up bonuses for that ball and ends that turn.

I don't understand your post.

#81 7 years ago

I noticed a bug in version 1.13, when launching a mission from the right orbit, now it is enough to touch the switch of the right orbit to launch the mission (I find it a little shame) but the worry is that The blocking post in the fire house snaps and stays a good time in the air, so it blocks the left orbit, since the ball is in play on the board, have you noticed the same thing on your GB ??

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from yoyokopter:

I noticed a bug in version 1.13, when launching a mission from the right orbit, now it is enough to touch the switch of the right orbit to launch the mission (I find it a little shame) but the worry is that The blocking post in the fire house snaps and stays a good time in the air, so it blocks the left corridor, since the ball is in play on the board, have you noticed the same thing on your GB ??

Yes, this is new behavior in 1.13

#83 7 years ago

already in my message 54 ... and yes, was better before with the full turn

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

I liked the way it was before too, but I can see why it was changed. It now matches the skillshot behavior where a full loop is not needed and also if the ball can't make the full orbit for whatever reason, then the scene will never be startable.

Rob

#85 7 years ago

I believe I encountered a bug today, while playing spook central I had cleared all the lit shots but the mode didn't end, the spook central music continued like there was a shot still to hit but there wasn't. It even continued on the next ball after I drained and the music could be heard until PKE frenzy started.

#86 7 years ago

I can't remember where I've reported it, but I've seen it twice now. Sometimes when you start the video mode (both times it has been ESP Ability), the scoop will eject the ball. As soon as the video ends, so does your ball. You can't save the ejected ball because the flippers are dead due to the buttons being in use for the video mode.

Anybody else seen this yet? I'm running 1.13 on an LE.

#87 7 years ago

Have had a fun bug (or is it a feature?) on 1.13 on a premium occur twice, running two modes concurrently both times by:

1. Playing "Spook Central" (badly).
2. Hitting the left ramp once the hurry-up was down to 1,500,000.
3. "We Got One" then starts and music switches over to that theme song. All four shots are flashing white (for Spook Central) AND left two are also flashing blue (for We Got One).
4. Hitting the right shots (only flashing white) awards the 1,500,000 and animation from Spook Central. Hitting the blue/white flashing shots on the the left awards the "We Got One" points/animation and apparently also awards the Spook Central shot as it goes out (but animation for the other mode is shown).
5. When I completed "We Got One" on the left ramp, "He Slimed Me" started (as it naturally would).

And even though it's not related to 1.13, if anyone has any tips on make the right orbit shot not brick out and the ball return back down the right orbit without registering anything, would appreciate.

THANKS

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from BernieK:

And even though it's not related to 1.13, if anyone has any tips on make the right orbit shot not brick out and the ball return back down the right orbit without registering anything, would appreciate.

Wait, you're having shots go up the right orbit and come back down? I've never seen that. Is it happening consistently or randomly?

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Wait, you're having shots go up the right orbit and come back down? I've never seen that. Is it happening consistently or randomly?

That's it, goes up and comes back. It's mostly with fast shots, haven't been able to watch to see what it's hitting, maybe either the plastic sign back there or the gate or something else. Everytime I get into position to watch the ball goes through fine, but sometimes will reject on 3 or 4 in a row. Sometimes StayPuft vibrates a bit. Drop target area feels pretty flat, nothing obvious causing it to catch air.

#90 7 years ago

It would be cool to get that spooky music in the very beginning of the movie during the Columbia pictures part. Also the music downstairs in the library randomly during attract mode would be sweet. Just fade in and out

#91 7 years ago

Still updating OP with bugs and suggestions, keep them coming!

#92 7 years ago

Some suggestions previously stated that I would like to see:

- Currently there is no incentive to go for the collect gear targets (aside from minimal points) or to intentionally hit the loop to generate more value for the gear. Would be nice if there was a mode or purpose for it like after 25 million in gear 2X playfield activates, after 50 million 3x playfield activates, etc.
- Disable the EB light show during multiball, way too easy to lose a ball.
- Double flip to cancel the EB/mode cut scenes and just get back to playing instead of having to watch them over and over (EB in particular)

Loving the development of the software so far, really hope they utilize the full potential of this game.

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

Yes RipleYYY i see , "but the worry is that The blocking post in the fire house snaps and stays a good time in the air, so it blocks the left orbit, since the ball is in play on the board, have you noticed the same thing on your GB ?? "

#94 7 years ago

still have to check (suppose mine did it also), and than nice reminder as really it would be a better idea to have this working as before, with full turn/2 switches, and ball being blocked behind the spinner during the mode intro-scene

#95 7 years ago

Un Français et un Belge qui discute en Anglais c'est trop fort

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from yoyokopter:

Un Français et un Belge qui discute en Anglais c'est trop fort

plus fort que le roquefort

and yes, pop up is out and than block the left lane while the ball is in play... again, not good than

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

This happens on my prem as well. I suspect it hits the Mylar and goes airborne. Very occasionally it goes back down the shooter lane. Only hard shots brick. But I hit a lot of hard shots up there. Sometimes it makes it around the orbit but doesn't activate the switch in the orbit. That is just as annoying. I was thinking of extending the Mylar down some more to see if that helps. But I can't do it until I return from vacation.

#98 7 years ago

Has anyone started.. Are You A God?

#99 7 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

Has anyone started.. Are You A God?

I did and when I answered "yes", gozer said 'Oh ok, never mind then!' and nothing else happened....

Rob

#100 7 years ago

So its kinda hard to tell from all the different responses about the new code update. Is the code update good, and did it improve the game?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.95
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

15,699 (OBO)
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-v113-bugs-and-features/page/2?hl=junglist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.