New software is out. I'll keep updating this first post in the thread with bugs still remaining and new bugs/issues as they are found so we have everything in one place.
LE/PREMIUM V1.13 - January 9, 2017
- Added an alert sound effect when the flippers change during MASS HYSTERIA
MULTIBALL. The flippers switch near the end of the warning.
- Found a couple speech calls that will be censored if the game is set to not
allow R-rated speech.
- Using the disable adjustment for the the Slimer mech will completely disable
- Fixed spelling and punctuation on a few of the "DID YOU KNOW?" messages.
- Fixed THE BALLROOM instruction text to match the color of the inserts.
- If balls were being held in the LIBRARY LOCK at game start, they were making
the playfield valid when released.
- P.K.E. FRENZY was displaying an incorrect TOTAL on completion.
- The GHOST CAUGHT FOR EXTRA BALL adjustment was not being honored for
anything but AUTO.
- SUPER JACKPOT CHAMPION was not handled correctly.
- If NEGATIVE REENFORCEMENT was lit, a won SKILL SHOT award for it would
- Fixed misspelling of "CATCH 5 GHOSTS" on skill shot.
- CAPTIVE BALL TEST was mislabeled.
- Fixed mispelling of instruction text on GOZER THE GOZERIAN.
- The TERROR DOG HURRYUP was not resetting properly after being collected.
- Sometimes PICT-O-POPS was handing out the same award twice in a row.
- Sometimes PICT-O-POPS was handing out awards that didn't make sense.
(ADD-A-BALL, LIGHT ADD-A-BALL, TOBINS SPIRIT GUIDE, ...)
- ADD-A-BALL and LIGHT ADD-A-BALL were sometimes available when they
- TOBIN'S SPIRIT GUIDE and PICT-O-POPS will no longer give out a SPINNER LEVEL
award if it's already at its maximum level.
- "Are you a God" Wizard Mode needs to be done.
- If you disable your slimer mech with the Adjustment then the Ghost Target
will now trigger Slimer hits.
- The 100 GHOSTS lamp insert will now indicate when MASS HYSTERIA MULTIBALL
- The timer was not being displayed for HE SLIMED ME.
- SPOOK CENTRAL was not allowing the player enough time to complete the mode.
- Added callout at the start of STAY PUFT MARSHMALLOW MAN.
- Added P.K.E. FRENZY JACKPOT callout.
- Added GOZER HURRYUP callout.
- Added GEAR COLLECT callout.
- Default GOZER CHAMPION and TERROR DOG CHAMPION scores were lowered to
a more reasonable value.
- Added callout to the start of STORAGE FACILITY MULTIBALL.
- The SUBWAY EJECT ball saver no longer overrides the main ball saver if
set to the default time or less.
- STAY PUFT MARSHMALLOW MAN was not honoring the DESTRUCTOR multiplier for all
- Changed the colors of the extra ball lamp effects to green and white.
- Tweaked the EQ of some sounds.
- Scoring in WCWS mode is screwed up. Super low scoring. Needs some code attention.
- Disabling slimer motor on an LE / Premium caused 100% reset when reaching the Slimer phase of "He Slimed Me"
- Puts up a "FREE PLAY/PRESS START" attract mode screen in the middle of some modes for a few seconds. USUALLY it's in the Extra Ball animation, but has happened elsewhere. [PREMIUM]
- [Prem/LE] If you lock two balls, the game ends and you start the next game without letting it clear the subway, when you lock the next balls in the NEW game, it will not pause for the lock animation. Ball goes in, lock animation starts, ball is ejected while lock animation is still playing. It's quite surprising the first time it happens.
- Terror Dog Champion will award and let you enter initials for scores greater than your main score. For example, I had a 50 million game, and it had me put my initials in as the 158 million Terror Dog Champion. The TDC exceeded my full game score by 108 million.
- Gozer Champion will award and let you enter initials for scores greater than your main score also. Very broken.
- I haven't been able to nail this down to reproduce it every time, but on the GB Premium, OCCASIONALLY when you finish a game, the first time through the attract mode, the trivia screen will simply say INVALID, centered on the otherwise blank screen. [PREMIUM]
- Librarian Insert still unused [PREMIUM]
- Proton Pack stand-up target lights partially or completely do not participate in attract mode lightshow. Which lights do/don't seem to be random.[PREMIUM]
- In a multiplayer game, at the end of the ball, it skips the screen that shows what the player's score would have been after bonuses and skips right to the next player.
- Storage Multi-ball music priority below mode music. Should be above.
- Restart bug remaining, possibly linked to Special award. [PREMIUM]
- Mass Hysteria started at the same time as Don't Cross the Streams is activated and game does not pause multiball start while video mode is playing. MH gets all the balls out on the playfield as player is stuck in video mode. Balls drain. When video mode ends, tallies up bonuses for that ball and ends that turn.
- Starting with 1.13, post on left orbit pops up to hold ball even if only the first switch is hit on the opposite Right orbit. Before, it waited until the ball went around the orbit to pop up and hold the ball, which seemed to be better behavior. [PREMIUM]
- Spook Central mode sometimes will not end, even after all shots are made. Music for it continues underneath other modes.
- Was able to start WE GOT ONE mode while SPOOK CENTRAL was half finished and not timed-out. When WE GOT ONE completed, SPOOK CENTRAL came back exactly where it was interrupted. For more detail see post #113 and #138. For how to reproduce this bug consistently, see post #235 on this thread.
- Mass Hysteria stacked with WRTBY. Phase 2 of WRTBY is to lock a ball in the right scoop and left hole to start Loopin' Supers. He locked the ball in the right scoop and drained everything else when Mass Hysteria flippers flipped. At this point , the game was unable locate the locked ball. It never ball searches, even if it goes to "Missing Pinballs". Even if you tilt, it won't let the locked ball go and thus will never serve another ball. Basically you are permanently stuck in wizard mode due to the software's inability to release the lock and presumably recognize that multi-ball had ended. A hard reset was required to kick the ball out. [PRO]
- If you tilt and you start another game while the bob is still swinging enough to make contact with the ring, ball 1 of the new game will instantly tilt (no warnings).
- When restarting a new game from a non finished one (a bad 1st ball), left "scoleri" target was UP, these targets remain UP, and even better, when hitting that single target, the code gave a "super jackpot" as i've hit the 2 brothers. Clearly game variables are not being fully re-initialized at restart.
- Soft plunge to play sound effect then hard plunge to activate orbit rollover. It will award skill shot every time.
- (Pro) Ball Search does not raise slimer to release trapped ball. Eventually just ends the ball and THEN slimer moves.
- (Pro) While in Multiball, shoots in the Subway(right saucer) triggers ballsave but it shouldn't(Shoot-Again starts flashing). Center drains won't be saved(like it should be) but outlane drains will serve a new ball. This bug does occur in every Multiball. I guess(Feature Adjustment #14) "Subway Ball Save Time" should only be available during Mainplay and scenes.
- (Pro) Captive Ball Bank. Sometimes the reset timer is not held properly. For instance while starting Storage Facility Multiball you can hear the timer running out "beep" and all the balls will be rejected. This does also happen in the Extra-Ball animation, starting Scenes and some more animations.
- (Pro) If Scenes and Tobins Spirit Guide are lit at the same time. Sometimes the Scene starts before TSG is awarded. The Scene music starts for 2-3 seconds before finally starting TSG after collecting the awards scene music starts again. Shouldn't TSG have priority above Scenes?
- (Pro) Grace Periods. There are actually a few bugs related to grace period fails. For instance, if a mode timed out without completing it and draining the ball while in grace period. The scene is not awarded correctly. Sometimes you'll have to re lite scenes in order to play it again.(Out timed scenes should be awarded, even if not 100% finished)
Another instance if "Back of Man!" or "Stay Puft Marshmallow Man" timed out without completing it and shooting the ball up the main ramp while in grace period(just before Mode total and WKWS is lite message is displayed) both WKWS and one of the Scenes of the Ramp(We Got One, He Slimed me, The Ballroom) start at the same time. However this won't happen all the time. I guess it does only occur if you would be able to start another scene without doing Slimer first.
- PKE Mode weirdness under certain circumstances - See post 253 in this thread for a video link.
NOT A BUG, BUT NEEDS ATTENTION:
- Software compensation needs to be added if the Ecto Goggles optos are broken on a Prem/LE. If the tech message recognizes there's a problem then the rollover in the back of that lane should count as an ecto hit. Currently if your EG's break, your players are SoL until you get it fixed.
- Software compensation needs to be added if the shooter lane switch is broken so it doesn't start the dog mode as soon as the ball is launched. If the shooter lane switch is broken it should ignore the switch at the top right of the playfield the FIRST time to get the ball in play.[PREMIUM]
- Bring back Magna Sling adjustment from 1.05 [PREMIUM]
- Let the Storage trap animation be SKIPPABLE WITH BOTH FLIPPER buttons! [PREMIUM]
- Mass hysteria flipper warning audio WAY too low. Callout, much louder effect, or special shaking cue rather than the whoosh would be better. [PREMIUM]
- Insert LEDs are too bright. Needs adjustment like Metallica to turn them down. [PREMIUM]
- Allow Trough kickout power to go even lower. At lowest setting ball kickout is still too hard. [PREMIUM]
- Auto launch power adjustment would be nice. [PREMIUM]
- Innermost lanes at slingshots still unused & serve no purpose, could be used to activate (after X hits) a "save ball" on the outlanes (as on ST pro), red inserts in the outlanes could than serve to show the saver is activated, only 1 side at the time, moving with slingshots [PREMIUM]
- Terror dog mini mode: why is this completed if you shoot for the right ramp? Yes, the right single Terror dog target is hard to aim/hit, but its the part of the game, its pinball, and while its hard to get, may be gave more points on just that target. Maybe 1/4 score for ramp, or full score for terror dog target? [PREMIUM]
- GHOST CHAMPION score would be a nice competitive score category to add. [PREMIUM/PRO]
- (Pro) Slimer sometimes does stupid things. This might be on purpose but im not sure. If I have Slimer mode going on in order to light scenes. He is normaly jumping up and down slightly(on the Pro) like he should be. But sometimes he moves a bit up(to the middle or upper position) and keeps jumping there for a short amount of time. The ball can't hit him in this position. I haven't found a way to recreate it. I checked the switches, they are working fine... My original Playfield and my new(non-ghosting) Playfield both had the same issue, so it must be related to the Software.
- Adding in some of the in-game spooky music (Library, Opening Game Theme) to the attract mode at certain points would be nice. [PREMIUM/PRO]
- Currently there is no incentive to go for the collect gear targets (aside from minimal points) or to intentionally hit the loop to generate more value for the gear. Would be nice if there was a mode or purpose for it like after 25 million in gear 2X playfield activates, after 50 million 3x playfield activates, etc. [PREMIUM/PRO]
- Disable the EB light show during multiball, way too easy to lose a ball. [PREMIUM/PRO]
- Double flip to cancel the EB/mode cut scenes and just get back to playing instead of having to watch them over and over (EB in particular) [PREMIUM/PRO]
- Add the "Are you a God" mode on the instruction card! Are you a God as the games final wizard mode is a must. There's an entry for it the games menu already and it's one of the best scenes in the entire film. It would be a shame not to have it represented in the game.
- Add a dedicated Slimer Multiball. Slimer is the main toy on both the pro and premium / LE so it should have a multiball! Perhaps a player has to find Slimer by hitting certain shots and then once X number are hit you bash him when he comes down. There could be multiple stages to this mode that get progressively harder. *On the premium model it would be great to see Slimer move to a shot and then require a shot at the spot he's at before he moves again.
- More callouts from both films
- DO something with the Librarian insert that's unused since release.
- More lightbar topper integration. Pathetic amount now for a $500 add-on.
- Clearer instructions on Sta-Puft Marshmallow Man explaining how to get multipliers.
- Don't start the hurry up time early when you 'double flip' on spook central
- Remove reverse flippers on 'Mass Hysteria', or leave them reversed the whole time. The switching is just frustrating. Or at least make this a setting on the system menus.
- When completing a mode's final shot that also starts Storage Facility, start the next mode as well, or have modes ready when MB ends.
- PKE skill shot should be changed to (Light outlane saves) (Light Multipliers) (+3M Jackpot value)
- Make 'Light Multipliers' on the captive ball lit from Ball one. only require the PKE standups for all future light ups.
- Increase 'River of Slime' reward value
- Increase spinner reward Value, at the very least raise the cap on spinner level. It's a hard shot and has very little reward.
- Add more animation to the ecto goggles and maybe a ecto goggles multiball mode.
- Shorten/speed up the ball lock animation on the Prem/LE as this drags on too long, especially when stacked with a mode award. Remove or change the beeping noises for the timers as this just gets plain annoying as it's so frequent.
- Add the ability to defer storage facility multiball.
- Add a storage facility unique super jackpot that scales in value with the number of ghosts you had caught before you start the multiball.
- If you re-catch all of the ghosts that got out during the multiball, this super jackpot lights.
- A much higher starting value for ESP video mode. 1 million perhaps. Too much trudging through low values made me not want to play this at all.
- Improved rules/dots for WCWS. It's just not a fun multiball.
- WARTBY- make it worth something, as of now the value on this mode is worthless.
- AYAG- ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING..would like to see something like VJP in WH20.
- Video modes could alternate instead of choosing. Original one never gets played anymore.
- More variations in call outs used to begin the various modes
- There should be a way to adjust the timed length of each mode.