• Latest reply 4 years ago by Clint12
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SCOOP (resized).jpg
79fa0246-8cd4-43b4-8898-1e3a599fe4eb_1000 (resized).jpg

There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 7 years ago

New software is out. I'll keep updating this first post in the thread with bugs still remaining and new bugs/issues as they are found so we have everything in one place.

LE/PREMIUM V1.13 - January 9, 2017
==================================
New:
- Added an alert sound effect when the flippers change during MASS HYSTERIA
MULTIBALL. The flippers switch near the end of the warning.

Fixes:
- Found a couple speech calls that will be censored if the game is set to not
allow R-rated speech.
- Using the disable adjustment for the the Slimer mech will completely disable
the mech.
- Fixed spelling and punctuation on a few of the "DID YOU KNOW?" messages.
- Fixed THE BALLROOM instruction text to match the color of the inserts.
- If balls were being held in the LIBRARY LOCK at game start, they were making
the playfield valid when released.
- P.K.E. FRENZY was displaying an incorrect TOTAL on completion.
- The GHOST CAUGHT FOR EXTRA BALL adjustment was not being honored for
anything but AUTO.
- SUPER JACKPOT CHAMPION was not handled correctly.
- If NEGATIVE REENFORCEMENT was lit, a won SKILL SHOT award for it would
be skipped.
- Fixed misspelling of "CATCH 5 GHOSTS" on skill shot.
- CAPTIVE BALL TEST was mislabeled.
- Fixed mispelling of instruction text on GOZER THE GOZERIAN.
- The TERROR DOG HURRYUP was not resetting properly after being collected.
- Sometimes PICT-O-POPS was handing out the same award twice in a row.
- Sometimes PICT-O-POPS was handing out awards that didn't make sense.
(ADD-A-BALL, LIGHT ADD-A-BALL, TOBINS SPIRIT GUIDE, ...)
- ADD-A-BALL and LIGHT ADD-A-BALL were sometimes available when they
shouldn't be.
- TOBIN'S SPIRIT GUIDE and PICT-O-POPS will no longer give out a SPINNER LEVEL
award if it's already at its maximum level.
- "Are you a God" Wizard Mode needs to be done.

Tweaks:
- If you disable your slimer mech with the Adjustment then the Ghost Target
will now trigger Slimer hits.
- The 100 GHOSTS lamp insert will now indicate when MASS HYSTERIA MULTIBALL
is achieved.
- The timer was not being displayed for HE SLIMED ME.
- SPOOK CENTRAL was not allowing the player enough time to complete the mode.
- Added callout at the start of STAY PUFT MARSHMALLOW MAN.
- Added P.K.E. FRENZY JACKPOT callout.
- Added GOZER HURRYUP callout.
- Added GEAR COLLECT callout.
- Default GOZER CHAMPION and TERROR DOG CHAMPION scores were lowered to
a more reasonable value.
- Added callout to the start of STORAGE FACILITY MULTIBALL.
- The SUBWAY EJECT ball saver no longer overrides the main ball saver if
set to the default time or less.
- STAY PUFT MARSHMALLOW MAN was not honoring the DESTRUCTOR multiplier for all
awards.
- Changed the colors of the extra ball lamp effects to green and white.
- Tweaked the EQ of some sounds.
- Scoring in WCWS mode is screwed up. Super low scoring. Needs some code attention.

==================================

BUGS REMAINING:
-----------------------------------------
- Disabling slimer motor on an LE / Premium caused 100% reset when reaching the Slimer phase of "He Slimed Me"
- Puts up a "FREE PLAY/PRESS START" attract mode screen in the middle of some modes for a few seconds. USUALLY it's in the Extra Ball animation, but has happened elsewhere. [PREMIUM]
- [Prem/LE] If you lock two balls, the game ends and you start the next game without letting it clear the subway, when you lock the next balls in the NEW game, it will not pause for the lock animation. Ball goes in, lock animation starts, ball is ejected while lock animation is still playing. It's quite surprising the first time it happens.
- Terror Dog Champion will award and let you enter initials for scores greater than your main score. For example, I had a 50 million game, and it had me put my initials in as the 158 million Terror Dog Champion. The TDC exceeded my full game score by 108 million.
- Gozer Champion will award and let you enter initials for scores greater than your main score also. Very broken.
- I haven't been able to nail this down to reproduce it every time, but on the GB Premium, OCCASIONALLY when you finish a game, the first time through the attract mode, the trivia screen will simply say INVALID, centered on the otherwise blank screen. [PREMIUM]
- Librarian Insert still unused [PREMIUM]
- Proton Pack stand-up target lights partially or completely do not participate in attract mode lightshow. Which lights do/don't seem to be random.[PREMIUM]
- In a multiplayer game, at the end of the ball, it skips the screen that shows what the player's score would have been after bonuses and skips right to the next player.
- Storage Multi-ball music priority below mode music. Should be above.
- Restart bug remaining, possibly linked to Special award. [PREMIUM]
- Mass Hysteria started at the same time as Don't Cross the Streams is activated and game does not pause multiball start while video mode is playing. MH gets all the balls out on the playfield as player is stuck in video mode. Balls drain. When video mode ends, tallies up bonuses for that ball and ends that turn.
- Starting with 1.13, post on left orbit pops up to hold ball even if only the first switch is hit on the opposite Right orbit. Before, it waited until the ball went around the orbit to pop up and hold the ball, which seemed to be better behavior. [PREMIUM]
- Spook Central mode sometimes will not end, even after all shots are made. Music for it continues underneath other modes.
- Was able to start WE GOT ONE mode while SPOOK CENTRAL was half finished and not timed-out. When WE GOT ONE completed, SPOOK CENTRAL came back exactly where it was interrupted. For more detail see post #113 and #138. For how to reproduce this bug consistently, see post #235 on this thread.
- Mass Hysteria stacked with WRTBY. Phase 2 of WRTBY is to lock a ball in the right scoop and left hole to start Loopin' Supers. He locked the ball in the right scoop and drained everything else when Mass Hysteria flippers flipped. At this point , the game was unable locate the locked ball. It never ball searches, even if it goes to "Missing Pinballs". Even if you tilt, it won't let the locked ball go and thus will never serve another ball. Basically you are permanently stuck in wizard mode due to the software's inability to release the lock and presumably recognize that multi-ball had ended. A hard reset was required to kick the ball out. [PRO]
- If you tilt and you start another game while the bob is still swinging enough to make contact with the ring, ball 1 of the new game will instantly tilt (no warnings).
- When restarting a new game from a non finished one (a bad 1st ball), left "scoleri" target was UP, these targets remain UP, and even better, when hitting that single target, the code gave a "super jackpot" as i've hit the 2 brothers. Clearly game variables are not being fully re-initialized at restart.
- Soft plunge to play sound effect then hard plunge to activate orbit rollover. It will award skill shot every time.
- (Pro) Ball Search does not raise slimer to release trapped ball. Eventually just ends the ball and THEN slimer moves.
- (Pro) While in Multiball, shoots in the Subway(right saucer) triggers ballsave but it shouldn't(Shoot-Again starts flashing). Center drains won't be saved(like it should be) but outlane drains will serve a new ball. This bug does occur in every Multiball. I guess(Feature Adjustment #14) "Subway Ball Save Time" should only be available during Mainplay and scenes.
- (Pro) Captive Ball Bank. Sometimes the reset timer is not held properly. For instance while starting Storage Facility Multiball you can hear the timer running out "beep" and all the balls will be rejected. This does also happen in the Extra-Ball animation, starting Scenes and some more animations.
- (Pro) If Scenes and Tobins Spirit Guide are lit at the same time. Sometimes the Scene starts before TSG is awarded. The Scene music starts for 2-3 seconds before finally starting TSG after collecting the awards scene music starts again. Shouldn't TSG have priority above Scenes?
- (Pro) Grace Periods. There are actually a few bugs related to grace period fails. For instance, if a mode timed out without completing it and draining the ball while in grace period. The scene is not awarded correctly. Sometimes you'll have to re lite scenes in order to play it again.(Out timed scenes should be awarded, even if not 100% finished)
Another instance if "Back of Man!" or "Stay Puft Marshmallow Man" timed out without completing it and shooting the ball up the main ramp while in grace period(just before Mode total and WKWS is lite message is displayed) both WKWS and one of the Scenes of the Ramp(We Got One, He Slimed me, The Ballroom) start at the same time. However this won't happen all the time. I guess it does only occur if you would be able to start another scene without doing Slimer first.
- PKE Mode weirdness under certain circumstances - See post 253 in this thread for a video link.

NOT A BUG, BUT NEEDS ATTENTION:
- Software compensation needs to be added if the Ecto Goggles optos are broken on a Prem/LE. If the tech message recognizes there's a problem then the rollover in the back of that lane should count as an ecto hit. Currently if your EG's break, your players are SoL until you get it fixed.
- Software compensation needs to be added if the shooter lane switch is broken so it doesn't start the dog mode as soon as the ball is launched. If the shooter lane switch is broken it should ignore the switch at the top right of the playfield the FIRST time to get the ball in play.[PREMIUM]
- Bring back Magna Sling adjustment from 1.05 [PREMIUM]
- Let the Storage trap animation be SKIPPABLE WITH BOTH FLIPPER buttons! [PREMIUM]
- Mass hysteria flipper warning audio WAY too low. Callout, much louder effect, or special shaking cue rather than the whoosh would be better. [PREMIUM]
- Insert LEDs are too bright. Needs adjustment like Metallica to turn them down. [PREMIUM]
- Allow Trough kickout power to go even lower. At lowest setting ball kickout is still too hard. [PREMIUM]
- Auto launch power adjustment would be nice. [PREMIUM]
- Innermost lanes at slingshots still unused & serve no purpose, could be used to activate (after X hits) a "save ball" on the outlanes (as on ST pro), red inserts in the outlanes could than serve to show the saver is activated, only 1 side at the time, moving with slingshots [PREMIUM]
- Terror dog mini mode: why is this completed if you shoot for the right ramp? Yes, the right single Terror dog target is hard to aim/hit, but its the part of the game, its pinball, and while its hard to get, may be gave more points on just that target. Maybe 1/4 score for ramp, or full score for terror dog target? [PREMIUM]
- GHOST CHAMPION score would be a nice competitive score category to add. [PREMIUM/PRO]
- (Pro) Slimer sometimes does stupid things. This might be on purpose but im not sure. If I have Slimer mode going on in order to light scenes. He is normaly jumping up and down slightly(on the Pro) like he should be. But sometimes he moves a bit up(to the middle or upper position) and keeps jumping there for a short amount of time. The ball can't hit him in this position. I haven't found a way to recreate it. I checked the switches, they are working fine... My original Playfield and my new(non-ghosting) Playfield both had the same issue, so it must be related to the Software.

WISHLIST ITEMS:
- Adding in some of the in-game spooky music (Library, Opening Game Theme) to the attract mode at certain points would be nice. [PREMIUM/PRO]
- Currently there is no incentive to go for the collect gear targets (aside from minimal points) or to intentionally hit the loop to generate more value for the gear. Would be nice if there was a mode or purpose for it like after 25 million in gear 2X playfield activates, after 50 million 3x playfield activates, etc. [PREMIUM/PRO]
- Disable the EB light show during multiball, way too easy to lose a ball. [PREMIUM/PRO]
- Double flip to cancel the EB/mode cut scenes and just get back to playing instead of having to watch them over and over (EB in particular) [PREMIUM/PRO]
- Add the "Are you a God" mode on the instruction card! Are you a God as the games final wizard mode is a must. There's an entry for it the games menu already and it's one of the best scenes in the entire film. It would be a shame not to have it represented in the game.
- Add a dedicated Slimer Multiball. Slimer is the main toy on both the pro and premium / LE so it should have a multiball! Perhaps a player has to find Slimer by hitting certain shots and then once X number are hit you bash him when he comes down. There could be multiple stages to this mode that get progressively harder. *On the premium model it would be great to see Slimer move to a shot and then require a shot at the spot he's at before he moves again.
- More callouts from both films
- DO something with the Librarian insert that's unused since release.
- More lightbar topper integration. Pathetic amount now for a $500 add-on.
- Clearer instructions on Sta-Puft Marshmallow Man explaining how to get multipliers.
- Don't start the hurry up time early when you 'double flip' on spook central
- Remove reverse flippers on 'Mass Hysteria', or leave them reversed the whole time. The switching is just frustrating. Or at least make this a setting on the system menus.
- When completing a mode's final shot that also starts Storage Facility, start the next mode as well, or have modes ready when MB ends.
- PKE skill shot should be changed to (Light outlane saves) (Light Multipliers) (+3M Jackpot value)
- Make 'Light Multipliers' on the captive ball lit from Ball one. only require the PKE standups for all future light ups.
- Increase 'River of Slime' reward value
- Increase spinner reward Value, at the very least raise the cap on spinner level. It's a hard shot and has very little reward.
- Add more animation to the ecto goggles and maybe a ecto goggles multiball mode.
- Shorten/speed up the ball lock animation on the Prem/LE as this drags on too long, especially when stacked with a mode award. Remove or change the beeping noises for the timers as this just gets plain annoying as it's so frequent.
- Add the ability to defer storage facility multiball.
- Add a storage facility unique super jackpot that scales in value with the number of ghosts you had caught before you start the multiball.
- If you re-catch all of the ghosts that got out during the multiball, this super jackpot lights.
- A much higher starting value for ESP video mode. 1 million perhaps. Too much trudging through low values made me not want to play this at all.
- Improved rules/dots for WCWS. It's just not a fun multiball.
- WARTBY- make it worth something, as of now the value on this mode is worthless.
- AYAG- ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING..would like to see something like VJP in WH20.
- Video modes could alternate instead of choosing. Original one never gets played anymore.
- More variations in call outs used to begin the various modes
- There should be a way to adjust the timed length of each mode.

#2 7 years ago

Code link on stern website not working, anyone else experience this?

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

Code link on stern website not working, anyone else experience this?

Use the Premium link. Premium and LE use the same file, and Premium works. The LE link is broken for some reason.

#4 7 years ago

Mass hysteria warning audio is WAY too low. It doesn't cut through everything else that's going on when you get that going, so you can barely hear it if you're listening for it. It's more of a whooshy sound than a hard effect. I think a callout would be more effective. If not that, then a harder, louder sound.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Mass hysteria warning audio is WAY too low. It doesn't cut through everything else that's going on when you get that going, so you can barely hear it if you're listening for it. It's more of a whooshy sound than a hard effect. I think a callout would be more effective. If not that, then a harder, louder sound.

I agree with the Taylor on the recent "this flippin podcast" - its such a missed opportunity with the mass hysteria multiball as it was and even with this minor change. It needs to be a major call out, major light show, etc. think sparky multiball, think strobe multiball on AFM, think blackwater multiball on GOT - you KNOW you are entering a cool multiball mode - the notion that you could engage a multiball, especially one that has a tangible impact on your play (reverse flippers) and not even know it, is ridiculous.

#6 7 years ago

Mass Hysteria "lack of fanfare" aside, I gotta say, this minor (2 decimal point version number) update clearly shows they were following the 1.12 post and the submissions. This really is a HUGE step in the right direction. Hopefully a 1.2 to really finish this off clean.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Mass Hysteria "lack of fanfare" aside, I gotta say, this minor (2 decimal point version number) update clearly shows they were following the 1.12 post and the submissions. This really is a HUGE step in the right direction. Hopefully a 1.2 to really finish this off clean.

Agreed! Thanks for paying attention Stern and please don't forget about GB, I want to buy one.

#8 7 years ago

The bug where it comes up and says "Free Play. Press Start" (or whatever it is exactly) still showed up on me when I was playing last night, but the rest seems to be working out great.

#9 7 years ago

It would be definitely an improvement if SFMB and Loopin' supers would not run together, it's ruining each other....at least that's my opinion, maybe others think differently of this?

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

It would be definitely an improvement if SFMB and Loopin' supers would not run together, it's ruining each other....at least that's my opinion, maybe others think differently of this?

I strongly disagree. I got 50+ loops the other day when I stacked Loopin with SFMB. It was fun getting three balls going at the same time all up the ramp and then feeding the flipper and repeat. Getting that muscle memory to work that quickly and consecutively was exciting. I feel the same about PKE and SFMB - in fact that one is really awesome stacked because the additional balls really build the jackpot so much higher.

One of the things I love about GB is all the ways you can plan your game - if you don't like stacking Loopin with SFMB then plan your strategy different. Hit the captive balls early and get your 3 locks sooner in the game while avoiding collecting too many ghosts or vice versa, go after that ghost target and move up the ghost ladder as fast as you can.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

The bug where it comes up and says "Free Play. Press Start" (or whatever it is exactly) still showed up on me when I was playing last night, but the rest seems to be working out great.

Yeah, that's a weird one. I've had it happen on Extra Ball animation most often, but last night it happened somewhere completely different. Definitely not fixed.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I agree with the Taylor on the recent "this flippin podcast" - its such a missed opportunity with the mass hysteria multiball as it was and even with this minor change. It needs to be a major call out, major light show, etc. think sparky multiball, think strobe multiball on AFM, think blackwater multiball on GOT - you KNOW you are entering a cool multiball mode - the notion that you could engage a multiball, especially one that has a tangible impact on your play (reverse flippers) and not even know it, is ridiculous.

On the other hand, Storage Facility Multiball start is one of the best in pinball IMO. And one of the best uses of a shaker motor also. If any GB owners don't yet have a shaker installed, go start SFM on a game that does.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

I really like the two running together on the pro. But, on the premium / LE, not so much. Slimmer is always in the way. I feel like it takes alittle away from the loopin' mode. And I always get it when I'm in multiball. Never fails!

Brian

#14 7 years ago

I am still on 1.05. I had made a post before when 1.11 came out asking if I should move off of 1.05 and I got some good reasons to stay on the 1.05 code. One thing I like about the 1.05 code is I can set the magna slings to be most active. So my question is has anyone really noticed a difference from moving off of 1.05 with the slings? If not this may be a good code to finally move up to.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

I am still on 1.05. I had made a post before when 1.11 came out asking if I should move off of 1.05 and I got some good reasons to stay on the 1.05 code. One thing I like about the 1.05 code is I can set the magna slings to be most active. So my question is has anyone really noticed a difference from moving off of 1.05 with the slings? If not this may be a good code to finally move up to.

If you swap the two rubber layers top to bottom on the slings, they're pretty active on 1.13. Still, I'd like to be able to adjust them more, but it's good enough, IMO.

#16 7 years ago

I had a situation where Storage was lit and We Got One was flashing. If gave me the We Got One mode, but did not register the ball into storage. I had to hit it again for it to count. Seems like a bug since I can't imagine the reason for this behavior.

#17 7 years ago

Mass hysteria definitely needs to be more special. The warning is barely noticeable also.

I shot left ramp when lock was lit and it didn't register, just ejected out of right scoop after a pause.

Also had a few other shots to the right scoop do nothing then eject including one time when video mode was lit.

#18 7 years ago

I have been on Factory since July, So this was a Joy to update!

For me, and with my apologies if this was mentioned in the previous update,
add a ball is a blast! quickly stacking 6 balls, keeping the scoop and ramp busy
so balls never drain!

Scores in multiples 10x higher!

and new ball tricks!

Wow! the swirls, and drop, swirl and throw..Im having a great night!
When this is happening with 6 balls and both slings lit, it has grabbed a
cradled ball, swirled and flung it out of my flipper!!!

Defensive flipper play!

Well Done, Dwight and Gerry!

#19 7 years ago

I noticed today player 4 earned an extra ball and when their regular ball drained, it said something to the effect of ' Player 4 You're up! ' instead of ' shoot again '. Minor but still kind of odd.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

I just bought my GBLE HUO yesterday.

It had 1.05 on it. Loved the game.

Decided to upgrade to 1.13. Do it now as it's awesome!!!

Obvious this last update made this game a keeper for a lot of folks.

I thought I would never get rid of TWDLE and MoPLE but GBLE is a game changer and now TWDLE is on shaky ground.

#21 7 years ago

Absolutely love the new additions to 1.13... I am with the rest of you and wish they would have addressed Mass Hysteria better but hopefully next release!

The one 'bug' I have found is when shooting a mode start on the right ramp and the ball DOESN'T fully orbit around to the left side, the stop peg still pops up. Before 1.13, that peg would only pop up to catch the ball if the ball was going to travel around the orbit, but now it pops up no matter what, even if the ball goes into the bumpers.

The peg will go down as normal once the "intro" to the scene finishes but you just have to make sure not to try and hit the left orbit until it does!

This is on a Pro, fwiw

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from omgitsadam:

The one 'bug' I have found is when shooting a mode start on the right ramp and the ball DOESN'T fully orbit around to the left side, the stop peg still pops up. Before 1.13, that peg would only pop up to catch the ball if the ball was going to travel around the orbit, but now it pops up no matter what, even if the ball goes into the bumpers.
The peg will go down as normal once the "intro" to the scene finishes but you just have to make sure not to try and hit the left orbit until it does!
This is on a Pro, fwiw

I noticed this playing a few games last night as well. It's a bit annoying. Ghosts seem to be awarded a bit more generously, or is it just my imagination?

#23 7 years ago

Updated last night - glad to see the extra ball award on number of ghosts is fixed. I also noticed my issue with the completed scenes extra ball award is fixed as well. Bravo, thanks for listening.

#24 7 years ago

I have to admit I was disappointed I couldn't tell when the flippers changed back and forth in mass hysteria. I was hoping that would be much more prominent as well as the start to the mass hysteria. With the excellent start to storage, the mass hysteria start needs something at least as exciting.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

No, you are right. You basically abandon multiball so you can focus on loops.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No, you are right. You basically abandon multiball so you can focus on loops.

Lol - "No, you are right." As if there is an actual "right" or "wrong" on this. It's all personal preference. Besides, it's not like you're actually abandoning multiball, but more like delaying other shots for a few seconds...

#27 7 years ago

I have to admit I was disappointed I couldn't tell when the flippers changed back and forth in mass hysteria. I was hoping that would be much more prominent as well as the start to the mass hysteria. With the excellent start to storage, the mass hysteria start needs something at least as exciting.

Exactly.
I had time for two or three games.
Love the new intro for Storage Facility.
Love that the display finally says shoot lit blue shots in Ballroom.
Heard a few new call outs when hitting the PKE stand ups.
But could not for the life of me hear any audio cue for flippers switching during Mass Hysteria. And I was listening hard for it. Lol
I also love games that actually say cool things for all locked balls. This one is not very exciting with just the little audio sounds. Scared Stiff and so many other games do this much better.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from omgitsadam:

The one 'bug' I have found is when shooting a mode start on the right ramp and the ball DOESN'T fully orbit around to the left side, the stop peg still pops up.
This is on a Pro, fwiw

I experienced the same issue on my premium.

#29 7 years ago

Did the "Don't do that" quote at the beginning of the Storage multiball go away? I can't hear it anymore...

#30 7 years ago

Apart from the sound cue for Mass Hysteria flipper switch, would be great if they also used a visual one. The large round red insert in the right outlane would be ideal. Lit = reverse, Unlit = normal. Problem with an audio cue, is it only happens on the change. If u miss it or forget, you're screwed. With a lit insert, u know all the time. That insert in the right outlane is in the perfect spot.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you swap the two rubber layers top to bottom on the slings, they're pretty active on 1.13. Still, I'd like to be able to adjust them more, but it's good enough, IMO.

Ok next time i take off the glass i will swap the rubbers...why does that make them more active? More active the better I think.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Apart from the sound cue for Mass Hysteria flipper switch, would be great if they also used a visual one. The large round red insert in the right outlane would be ideal. Lit = reverse, Unlit = normal. Problem with an audio cue, is it only happens on the change. If u miss it or forget, you're screwed. With a lit insert, u know all the time. That insert in the right outlane is in the perfect spot.

What is that insert for anyway?
I see it flashing like crazy sometimes for seemingly no reason at all.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Ok next time i take off the glass i will swap the rubbers...why does that make them more active? More active the better I think.

I think it's just more contact with the center of the ball. The way it comes from the factory, the sling rubber is too high IMO. Reversing the rubbers brings it down and provides better ball contact.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I think it was originally for the proton pack streams hardware thing that didn't happen. Same with the little mounting hardware in the corner of each outlane.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Thats a really good idea, i hope Stern see's that suggestion. The reverse flippers drive me mad, but i am sure thats the point

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Yeh, it flashes when the right scoop is about to eject - like a warning. But I'm sure it seems to flash at other random times also.

#37 7 years ago

I agree with the visual cues for MHMB as well. How about starting it differently like collect 100 ghost then a ramp shot to start the mode. The ball holds to the subway scoop the flippers turn off any other balls drain. Then a massive light and shake show. Follow by six balls launched on rapid fire straight into the reverse flipper hysteria

#38 7 years ago

Not sure if anyone is else has had this issue with the latest 1.13 code for the LE. Played a few games and everything was running perfect.

I was just about to go into the stacking book mode. Slimmer was already activated and far left near the firehouse when all of a sudden the sound became choppy, slimmer moved less than half speed and seconds later the game rebooted itself. On the reboot slimmer moved very slow back to the off position above the bumpers. I restarted the pin and everything worked fine again.

Could this be a bug, or a power issue?

Thanks!

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Not sure if anyone is else has had this issue with the latest 1.13 code for the LE. Played a few games and everything was running perfect.
I was just about to go into the stacking book mode. Slimmer was already activated and far left near the firehouse when all of a sudden the sound became choppy, slimmer moved less than half speed and seconds later the game rebooted itself. On the reboot slimmer moved very slow back to the off position above the bumpers. I restarted the pin and everything worked fine again.
Could this be a bug, or a power issue?
Thanks!

Known reset bug. It also happens when special is awarded at the librarian scoop under certain circumstances. The exact sequence to make it happen on demand (and thus fix it) is so far unknown.

How you got Slimer on the far left stuck by the firehouse is the question. It USED to do it on ball search, but they seem to have fixed that after 1.12. When he's stuck all the way to the left up by the top firehouse windows, you can usually cause a reset, but I haven't been able to get it to do that in 1.13.

#40 7 years ago

Vireland, thanks for reply. I had an oh shit moment thinking there goes my board! I wonder if there's an overload of power concentrated around the slimmer mech, slimmer flasher, librarian scoop, scoleri brothers activated (I can't remember if they were up or not) causing the main board to power down/voltage issue??

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Vireland, thanks for reply. I had an oh shit moment thinking there goes my board! I wonder if there's an overload of power concentrated around the slimmer mech, slimmer flasher, librarian scoop, scoleri brothers activated (I can't remember if they were up or not) causing the main board to power down/voltage issue??

I think it's just a software bug. When I could force a ball search in 1.12 and get the slimer over to the far left, I could make it happen every time. Can't use that method in 1.13, but the bug is obviously still somewhere in the code.

#42 7 years ago

Anyone have an issue with Tobins sometimes not being lit at 20 ghosts despite the display announcing it? I've seen it happen twice now.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Anyone have an issue with Tobins sometimes not being lit at 20 ghosts despite the display announcing it? I've seen it happen twice now.

If you're in a mode, it won't light until the mode is over.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Known reset bug. It also happens when special is awarded at the librarian scoop under certain circumstances. The exact sequence to make it happen on demand (and thus fix it) is so far unknown.
How you got Slimer on the far left stuck by the firehouse is the question. It USED to do it on ball search, but they seem to have fixed that after 1.12. When he's stuck all the way to the left up by the top firehouse windows, you can usually cause a reset, but I haven't been able to get it to do that in 1.13.

Just to add to this. I saw a reset 1x on 1.05 code

#45 7 years ago

Going to follow up with Chaz at Stern tomorrow on 3 things as he's going to talk to Dwight.

1. Being able to adjust the settings for the Shaker Motor

2. Being able to adjust the insert lights as they are too bright during certain multiballs. Chaz said the adjustment was on MET, but not on GB and told him I cannot see the ball ....it's blinding!

3. Asking Dwight to add the callout where the lady doing the hotel cleaning where they hit her laundry cart with the Proton Packs and she says " WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING" I said that would be an awesome callout if you lose a ball or hit the wrong shot......told him a lot of people on pinside would like to have that callout.

I'll post tomorrow an update.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Going to follow up with Chaz at Stern tomorrow on 3 things as he's going to talk to Dwight.
2. Being able to adjust the insert lights as they are too bright during certain multiballs. Chaz said the adjustment was on MET, but not on GB and told him I cannot see the ball ....it's blinding!
3. Asking Dwight to add the callout where the lady doing the hotel cleaning where they hit her laundry cart with the Proton Packs and she says " WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING" I said that would be an awesome callout if you lose a ball or hit the wrong shot......told him a lot of people on pinside would like to have that callout.

Added your insert LED brightness adjustment to the OP. Forgot about that one. This game sorely needs this adjustment.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Jackpot sound effects in SFMB need to be louder.
Some big sound effect for hitting jackpots in MHMB ( both multi balls need more excitement other than just having balls everywhere)
WCWS - not exciting at all at the moment.
more voices etc in the modes
ps I know you can't ask the poor guy all these things but here they are anyway. Tell him we said thanks for all his hard work and keep em coming.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from mcfly:

Jackpot sound effects in SFMB need to be louder.
Some big sound effect for hitting jackpots in MHMB ( both multi balls need more excitement other than just having balls everywhere)
WCWS - not exciting at all at the moment.
more voices etc in the modes
ps I know you can't ask the poor guy all these things but here they are anyway. Tell him we said thanks for all his hard work and keep em coming.

You can send this info to [email protected] too. I send my bug reports there. They do review them.

#49 7 years ago

My game is not lighting Tobin's Spirit Guide at 20 ghosts or ESP/Don't Cross the Stream at 40. Is anyone else seeing this?

#50 7 years ago
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
15,999 (OBO)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Eden Prairie, MN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-v113-bugs-and-features and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.