Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 246 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PinLen83
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 246 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 7 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I have had this happen 4 times now so far in the 2 weeks I've had the pin. I'll be playing and the audio will start cutting out or lagging behind, then the animations will go on the DMD, then I'll lose insert lighting but the coils will still fire and kick the ball around. Then finally it will reboot itself.
No real consistency to when or why it happens either. Has this been reported before either with this code or previously? I thought I had read up on most of the issues but this one was new to me and my dist.

I wonder if this could be a problem with the sdcard?

Rob

#202 7 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I have had this happen 4 times now so far in the 2 weeks I've had the pin. I'll be playing and the audio will start cutting out or lagging behind, then the animations will go on the DMD, then I'll lose insert lighting but the coils will still fire and kick the ball around. Then finally it will reboot itself.
No real consistency to when or why it happens either. Has this been reported before either with this code or previously? I thought I had read up on most of the issues but this one was new to me and my dist.

I've had my Pro unit reboot a 2 times since i upgraded to 1.12, and then once more after i took it back to 1.11. Only happened on really good games where i was getting high score, lots of extra balls. Couldnt find a pattern around modes or any particular switch or coil. I reset my game to factory settings a few days ago and havent had the problem since. I also did the Left scoop fix that Stern put a bulletin out for on Dec 30, so not really sure what was the cause, or if I still have the issue but just havent played enough to come across it again. I've put up a 3.5 Billion, and a 5.5 Billion game since i reset and did the scoop fix, so i feel like that is promising, but i wont count myself out of the woods until i go a week or two and it hasnt happened. Note that my DMD would actually say 'Game Restarting' when it would do the reboot. Yours doing the same? or just cutting out and going dead?

#203 7 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

It's listed in the OP on the first page here, and detailed in this thread, both how to do it with the glass off on a Pre/LE and others with a Pro who have no idea how it's happening.

#204 7 years ago

I'm still on 1.10, but have experienced the resets during games with multi balls going and stacked modes (basically what others here are reporting with 1.12). Haven't seen a reset in a long time, but each time the game was going crazy with action before a reset. At any rate, it doesn't seem to have been introduced with 1.12.

#205 7 years ago

Like you said in a long time. Maybe 1.12 made the reset problem worse. No resets on mine ever and I'm on 1.11.

#206 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Like you said in a long time. Maybe 1.12 made the reset problem worse. No resets on mine ever and I'm on 1.11.

no resets on mine ever and i'm on 1.12.

#207 7 years ago

1.12 and never reseted

a small sthings i've forgotten to recal for the code in 1st topic, its the bonus multiplier at max X20...
pity in a way, as no max would have been cool too, but OK i can understand its the way Dwight want it (as in GOT)
and not sure what PKE lanes gives after X20 (just nothing ? or points ? or ...) i have to check this with hands to be sure (until someone already did it ?)

#208 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

1.12 and never reseted
a small sthings i've forgotten to recal for the code in 1st topic, its the bonus multiplier at max X20...
pity in a way, as no max would have been cool too, but OK i can understand its the way Dwight want it (as in GOT)
and not sure what PKE lanes gives after X20 (just nothing ? or points ? or ...) i have to check this with hands to be sure (until someone already did it ?)

They should give you points after you max out the multiplier.

#209 7 years ago

I could have sworn I had a x21 or 22 the other day...

But from what ive seen, most pins max out the multiplier at some level...

#210 7 years ago

Updated to 1.12 and I'm still having the same issue with no extra ball being lit for both the Scenes Completed and Ghosts collected setting. When setting is changed to any value other than "auto" for either of these, the extra ball does not light.

Anyone know what other setting I may have my game on other than default that is affecting this? Works just fine on "auto" but I'm getting frustrated when it gets all the way up to having to complete 7 scenes to get the extra ball and 100+ ghosts.

FYI - I had the same problem with my GOTLE (setting for the extra ball lit based on how many houses were completed) and wouldn't be surprised if they were related.

#211 7 years ago

+1 with T-800, experienced that few days ago... than settings back to "factory"

other problem just noticied, as my son laught at me saying "how you still did know that" ... f*cking son lol :

ok than : right scene-ladder was completed, center scene-ladder was completed, than left scene-ladder-scoop was ready, with ball on my letft flipper, to just not do a post past and collect the waiting SUPER JACKPOT, i did reverse shoot for it, and than ball coming on right flipper to aim left scoop, which i did, but scene didnt start... WTF !? scoop was OFF
and than, when you shoot a already completed ladder, code still consider you will go for that ladder, but of course as it completed nothing happend, except making others ladders to being OFF... :/

#212 7 years ago

another forgotten small point which really needs to be corrected & added to this topic :

when playing a new game (while pinball was not set OFF/ON), sometimes the skillshot (in main scene shoots) is not "start scene"...
of course its a bug, as some others gifts could be fun, but not the "+10% of the score" when you actually get 0 point !

let's suppose its another (...) "IF THEN" variable not being set to initial state, very easy to correct

#213 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I could have sworn I had a x21 or 22 the other day...
But from what ive seen, most pins max out the multiplier at some level...

I like the high multiplier counts on Dwights games.

Rob

#214 7 years ago

If Dwight's reading.. I would like to see an menu option for awards that currently show add credit , include an option for extra ball.
Home players in free-play mode can only really benefit from an award of extra ball.

#215 7 years ago

#216 7 years ago

UPDATE RIGHT FLIPPER:
in regards to my right flipper sometimes not holding and sometimes not flipping at all, i have replaced the coil, eos, cab switch, node boards and the issue still exists. BUT.... tonight i put code 1.05 back in and played 5 games. so far the right flipper is fine.
this isn't a WEAK flipper, its the flipper doing just as stated above. its always strong when it works.
this started with 1.11 and remained in 1.12. didnt know if it was a coincidence or not when i changed code.
its looking like it is code and still remains in 1.12.
this gb pro was an early release (march 2016) so maybe its something to do with early releases?
will report if it fails again with 1.05

#217 7 years ago

mmm, just played a game with v1.12 shot the scoop while negative reinforcement was lit, hit both flippers to hurry up the animations, result was that the ball was thrown out while the flippers were dead, then the video mode started and when I reached the fifth good guess 'wow, five out of five' the video mode stopped, my bonus was count and the next ball was launched, WTF??

#218 7 years ago

finally, now i know that what we're writing here did really serve in a positive way to the guy who's behind the scene
tanx again D.

let's continue to share & expose what we're experiencing with this game

#219 7 years ago

Played three games in a row yesterday where the end of game score was under 30,000,000 points. But each game had the player enter initials for the Terror Dog mode with a new high score on each game. 75,xxx,xxx on the first, 79,xxx,xxx on the second game and 85,xxx,xxx on the third game. Then I cycled the power and it was okay again. So something got messed up keeping track in there. But the screen now shows 85M as the terror dog high score.

#220 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

finally, now i know that what we're writing here did really serve in a positive way to the guy who's behind the scene
tanx again D.
let's continue to share & expose what we're experiencing with this game

How do you know?

#221 7 years ago

Hello,all,been playing my GB/PRe now for 2 weeks with the 1.12 code.I sure don't care for the scream!!So far,so good! Just got MidnightMadness mode,6 ball multyball all its own! quite a challenge! If anyone finds out how to program out that scream feature,please let me know,Thanks!!

#222 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hello,all,been playing my GB/PRe now for 2 weeks with the 1.12 code.I sure don't care for the scream!!So far,so good! Just got MidnightMadness mode,6 ball multyball all its own! quite a challenge! If anyone finds out how to program out that scream feature,please let me know,Thanks!!

You can turn it off in your game settings.

#223 7 years ago

So does anyone think that Ghostbusters gameplay will change much from what is in the game today? Should we expect any additional modes or additions to existing modes?

I feel that the games theme, layout, and its toys have a lot more potential left that can be brought out through more code updates.

#224 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

So does anyone think that Ghostbusters gameplay will change much from what is in the game today? Should we expect any additional modes or additions to existing modes?
I feel that the games theme, layout, and its toys have a lot more potential left that can be brought out through more code updates.

It does have more potential but sadly I think it's done except for minor updates.

#225 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think the base rule set is solid and won't be tweaked to much except for enhancements.

I do feel that some modes will be added and they will better implement the use of the cool toys

#226 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I do hope the multiballs get better rules....

Rob

#227 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Me too. I feel like I shouldn't keep my hopes up, but it sure could make the game a classic.

#228 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

If Dwight's reading.. I would like to see an menu option for awards that currently show add credit , include an option for extra ball.
Home players in free-play mode can only really benefit from an award of extra ball.

Or points, but I'm not sure how much you get. I don't think it's anything 'special'..... pardon the pun

Rob

#229 7 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

You can turn it off in your game settings.

Yep. It is one of the game's coolest features, though!

#230 7 years ago

I think the rules have a good solid base. The only thing I would really like to see added in is something more to do with collecting the gear. it is some good points, but as far as adding in the four pieces, I think there should be something tied with that.

#231 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Personally, I think we will only see some minor tweaks and maybe minor additions moving forward. There is so much work to be done in other areas, I don't see them devoting much more time to GB. Hopefully I'm wrong but even if it stopped at 1.12 I'd be happy with my investment in my Ghostbusters (Premium)-le

#232 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

and, agree, nothing worse than having a solid "normal" multiball interrupted by that annoying Mass Hysteria "double flip for luck" multiball.

#233 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Personally, I think we will only see some minor tweaks and maybe minor additions moving forward. There is so much work to be done in other areas, I don't see them devoting much more time to GB. Hopefully I'm wrong but even if it stopped at 1.12 I'd be happy with my investment in my Ghostbusters (Premium/LE)

In my mind, I don't think they have to add anything, but I would like some refinement to what is in the game, like collecting items and the multi balls.

#234 7 years ago
Quoted from harbngr:

I think the rules have a good solid base. The only thing I would really like to see added in is something more to do with collecting the gear. it is some good points, but as far as adding in the four pieces, I think there should be something tied with that.

I agree, although those targets do significantly increase PKE values during PKE frenzy.

Rob

#235 7 years ago

Code 1.13 is out ! Note posted on stern facebook.

LE/PREMIUM V1.13 - January 9, 2017
==================================
New:
- Added an alert sound effect when the flippers change during MASS HYSTERIA
MULTIBALL. The flippers switch near the end of the warning.

Fixes:
- Found a couple speech calls that will be censored if the game is set to not
allow R-rated speech.
- Using the disable adjustment for the the Slimer mech will completely disable
the mech.
- Fixed spelling and punctuation on a few of the "DID YOU KNOW?" messages.
- Fixed THE BALLROOM instruction text to match the color of the inserts.
- If balls were being held in the LIBRARY LOCK at game start, they were making
the playfield valid when released.
- P.K.E. FRENZY was displaying an incorrect TOTAL on completion.
- The GHOST CAUGHT FOR EXTRA BALL adjustment was not being honored for
anything but AUTO.
- SUPER JACKPOT CHAMPION was not handled correctly.
- If NEGATIVE REENFORCEMENT was lit, a won SKILL SHOT award for it would
be skipped.
- Fixed misspelling of "CATCH 5 GHOSTS" on skill shot.
- CAPTIVE BALL TEST was mislabeled.
- Fixed mispelling of instruction text on GOZER THE GOZERIAN.
- The TERROR DOG HURRYUP was not resetting properly after being collected.
- Sometimes PICT-O-POPS was handing out the same award twice in a row.
- Sometimes PICT-O-POPS was handing out awards that didn't make sense.
(ADD-A-BALL, LIGHT ADD-A-BALL, TOBINS SPIRIT GUIDE, ...)
- ADD-A-BALL and LIGHT ADD-A-BALL were sometimes available when they
shouldn't be.
- TOBIN'S SPIRIT GUIDE and PICT-O-POPS will no longer give out a SPINNER LEVEL
award if it's already at its maximum level.

Tweaks:
- If you disable your slimer mech with the Adjustment then the Ghost Target
will now trigger Slimer hits.
- The 100 GHOSTS lamp insert will now indicate when MASS HYSTERIA MULTIBALL
is achieved.
- The timer was not being displayed for HE SLIMED ME.
- SPOOK CENTRAL was not allowing the player enough time to complete the mode.
- Added callout at the start of STAY PUFT MARSHMALLOW MAN.
- Added P.K.E. FRENZY JACKPOT callout.
- Added GOZER HURRYUP callout.
- Added GEAR COLLECT callout.
- Default GOZER CHAMPION and TERROR DOG CHAMPION scores were lowered to
a more reasonable value.
- Added callout to the start of STORAGE FACILITY MULTIBALL.
- The SUBWAY EJECT ball saver no longer overrides the main ball saver if
set to the default time or less.
- STAY PUFT MARSHMALLOW MAN was not honoring the DESTRUCTOR multiplier for all
awards.
- Changed the colors of the extra ball lamp effects to green and white.
- Tweaked the EQ of some sounds.

#236 7 years ago

Nice he listens to the "constructive complaints" over here. I'm referring to the warning sound added to MH flipper reversal. That's going to please a lot of people (I hope). Good job!

I know with TSPP I simply reverse my arms and it essentially looks like I'm humping the machine... hey it's a real crowd pleaser!

#237 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

How do you know?

1.13 is there
well, the most important is "i know"...

now lets hope for more, as tweaks concerning gameplay
tanx D. for reading us, i now believe again that GB could become a masterpiece

#238 7 years ago

That is a very nice code update. Esp the flippers.

1 week later
#239 7 years ago

there is an issue that exists any code after 1.05 on the PRO. if you are using a ticketless redemption setup.
The right flipper sometimes will not flip and sometimes will not hold if it does flip. other times its fine. it 100% for sure is software as i just installed a ticketless system in a brand new GB and it does the same exact thing. code 1.05 no flipper issue even with ticketless system.

#240 7 years ago

have you tried with 1.13 ?

#241 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

have you tried with 1.13 ?

yes, any code after 1.05 including 1.13

#242 7 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

there is an issue that exists any code after 1.05 on the PRO. if you are using a ticketless redemption setup.
The right flipper sometimes will not flip and sometimes will not hold if it does flip. other times its fine. it 100% for sure is software as i just installed a ticketless system in a brand new GB and it does the same exact thing. code 1.05 no flipper issue even with ticketless system.

Did you contact Stern?

Rob

1 month later
1 year later
#245 5 years ago

Looking for code version 1.05 or 1.10. Please pm me if you still have them. Having the the right flipper problem with version 1.13.

#246 5 years ago

I may have the earlier versions, but for premium only. I'll check when I get home tonight

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

15,699 (OBO)
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 103.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 246 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-v112-code-talk/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.