Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 246 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PinLen83
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 246 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 7 years ago

I installed 1.12 today and wanted to cancel the time out of modes. I took over "no" in the adjustment 50 "allow modes to Time out", but the modes still time out. Is that a bug? Or have I misunderstood anything? I thought I could take away the Time Pressure during modes.

#102 7 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I installed 1.12 today and wanted to cancel the time out of modes. I took over "no" in the adjustment 50 "allow modes to Time out", but the modes still time out. Is that a bug? Or have I misunderstood anything? I thought I could take away the Time Pressure during modes.

I could be wrong but that option may change whether a mode progresses to the next mode and gives you credit as if you completed it after time out or not (as opposed to removing the timer...)

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I could be wrong but that option may change whether a mode progresses to the next mode and gives you credit as if you completed it after time out or not (as opposed to removing the timer...)

I wish the timer on Spook Central had a grace period before it started counting down, and counted down a bit slower.

One of the great things about Shadow was that you could set the timers for all the modes in the game. Underwater Doom was difficult to complete on the stock time level, but you could fix that easy in the menu settings. I would maybe add a few more seconds to Spook Central. Or set the rules so that completed shots add a (adjustable 0-3?) few seconds back to the timer.

Rob

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

This is correct. Modes will still time out, but with "no" selected on the time out mode option, it won't allow you to progress to the next mode in the ladder.

#105 7 years ago

Can you set up to finish the mode before going on the next on the ladder?

#106 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Can you set up to finish the mode before going on the next on the ladder?

ben oui, c'est justement ce qui est expliqué au dessus

time sur off > tu dois finir le mode en cours pour passer au suivant
time sur on > dès que le timer est à 0, le mode est considéré comme fini/complet (trop facile !!!)

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

time sur on > dès que le timer est à 0, le mode est considéré comme fini/complet (trop facile !!!)

Ok.
Et si tu perds la bille, tu repars de la ou tu t'es arrêté avec le timer qui reste ou tu recommences tout?

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

Hey hey hey. Language people.
No cursing on these boards.

#109 7 years ago

well, some french speaking is not bad for US guys
even more when this forum "is" in the ... Netherlands, just near me
(joking of course)

Colonel : je sais plus, essaye (au pire avec les mains), mais de toute façon il ne faut pas garder le timer sur ON, car c'est trop facile

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

J'adore quand deux oiseaux font la dunette sur une assiette de gaufres. Puis je le mange et je me dis "yum"

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

That isn't a measure of code completion. Maybe Dwight decided (like Lyman did on acdc) that they weren't necessary.

That's when Gomez needs to step in and explain to Dwight/Lyman that the inserts are there for a reason and to utilize them. I just figured that was part of the process, didn't realize game designers just threw inserts out there hoping the code team would use them all.

#112 7 years ago

quite sure the 2 reds inserts at the outlanes were there for the proton beam toys...

lets admit they can now use it to tell the player flips are reversed (on/off) while being in mass hysteria MB

#113 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

quite sure the 2 reds inserts at the outlanes were there for the proton beam toys...
lets admit they can now use it to tell the player flips are reversed (on/off) while being in mass hysteria MB

MH is starting with 100 ghosts. Nothing prevent to lit this light fix or flash to tell you if you play with reverse flip or not. Could have been a color light too (insert is white). But I agree, something to help you.

#114 7 years ago

Found an actual hard reset bug the other day in 1.12 (game actually says "Restarting Game", then it reboots). With the glass off, I was trying to reproduce a double award of the +3 skill shot that happened, and accidentally stumbled into it. I doubt it would ever happen in regular play, but it's definitely in there.

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I wish the timer on Spook Central had a grace period before it started counting down
Rob

well, as (quite) all timers in this game, it has !
that timer began to count down after you get 1 switch (or you cut the animation by flipping )

#116 7 years ago

I installed 1.12 on my Pro about a week ago and there were a couple dozen games played at my Christmas party with no complaints. I was playing a pretty decent game last night and had just started Mass Hysteria Multi Ball, and it may have been stacked with one of the scenes, either Spook Central or He Slimed me. Not really sure what happened, lots of balls in the pops at that particular moment but i noticed "Restarting" on the DMD and the game rebooted. Started another game after that and it seemed fine. Has anybody else noticed a random restart? or maybe tied to a particular mode/scene? I havent had much time to play it again to see if i could reproduce, perhaps just a really random set of variables during game play cause an overflow in the code and its error handling can't deal with it and restarts?

#117 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I installed 1.12 on my Pro about a week ago and there were a couple dozen games played at my Christmas party with no complaints. I was playing a pretty decent game last night and had just started Mass Hysteria Multi Ball, and it may have been stacked with one of the scenes, either Spook Central or He Slimed me. Not really sure what happened, lots of balls in the pops at that particular moment but i noticed "Restarting" on the DMD and the game rebooted. Started another game after that and it seemed fine. Has anybody else noticed a random restart? or maybe tied to a particular mode/scene? I havent had much time to play it again to see if i could reproduce, perhaps just a really random set of variables during game play cause an overflow in the code and its error handling can't deal with it and restarts?

That's what I had happen when I was trying to reproduce another, different bug. I *think* it's tied to the multiplier maxing out then starting a ghost mode by hitting the target.

EDIT:The reset has nothing to do with the multiplier maxing. It's something to do with ball search and a lost slimer in 1.12, and is completely repeatable reliably, but unlikely/impossible to get in actual play (I think).

#118 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

J'adore quand deux oiseaux font la dunette sur une assiette de gaufres. Puis je le mange et je me dis "yum"

螢幕規格:電源供應器媒體播放器遊戲機台 lol
促銷產品投幣器薪資報酬委員會組織規程

polly vu francis would you agree?

#119 7 years ago

No random resets on v1.11. Glad I didn't upgrade yet.

#120 7 years ago

That happened to me once during gameplay but hasn't happened again

#121 7 years ago

my rt flipper still drops out at random even with this code. not sure if code related but it never did it until i installed 1.11.
in test flipper button works 100%.
during game play, sometimes when flipper button is pressed, flipper flips but doesnt hold. it drops instantly. sometimes pressing button flipper doesn't flip at all. cabinet switch ok, eos touching and opening fine. cleaned eos and cab switch.
still does same thing.

#122 7 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

my rt flipper still drops out at random even with this code. not sure if code related but it never did it until i installed 1.11.
in test flipper button works 100%.
during game play, sometimes when flipper button is pressed, flipper flips but doesnt hold. it drops instantly. sometimes pressing button flipper doesn't flip at all. cabinet switch ok, eos touching and opening fine. cleaned eos and cab switch.
still does same thing.

I don't think it's an EOS clean/dirty thing, but it's bouncing or not touching enough. Manually move the flippers with the PF up and watch how the EOS reacts. you probably just need to adjust the physical switch gap a little.

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't think it's an EOS clean/dirty thing, but it's bouncing or not touching enough. Manually move the flippers with the PF up and watch how the EOS reacts. you probably just need to adjust the physical switch gap a little.

how come if the eos breaks, sterns still flip?
i just shoved a piece of cardboard on my lotr in between the eos so the contacts dont touch ever to see if it would flip and it still does.
so maybe its not an eos issue? or are spikes different?

#124 7 years ago

i just shoved a piece of cardboard on my lotr in between the eos so the contacts dont touch ever to see if it would flip and it still does.

Broken EoS won't stop it from working, it just stops the hold because it doesn't know that the flipper's at the end of the stroke. And it's been confirmed by someone from Stern (don't remember who) that an intermittent EoS contact on a GB Spike machine WILL cause the "dead flipper" thing. So if you're still getting that with 1.12, look at those EoS in motion (manually, repeatedly) and adjust as necessary.

#125 7 years ago

LoTR is an entirely different flipper (and hardware) system than GB.

Rob

#126 7 years ago

<<It's something to do with ball search and a lost slimer in 1.12, and is completely repeatable reliably, but unlikely/impossible to get in actual play (I think).>>

Vireland you must be mistaken because JoshODBrown reported seeing this bug in actual gameplay. Not 'Impossible' as you claimed

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

<<It's something to do with ball search and a lost slimer in 1.12, and is completely repeatable reliably, but unlikely/impossible to get in actual play (I think).>>
Vireland you must be mistaken because JoshODBrown reported seeing this bug in actual gameplay. Not 'Impossible' as you claimed

No, what I'm saying is flippers will work (flipping UP) with a bad EOS or even NO EOS because the EOS is just for the HOLD feature (keeping the flipper up without using full power), but there's something about GB where an INTERNMITTENT EOS will cause the software to get confused and cut power to a flipper temporarily. Fix/adjust the EOS so it doesn't make intermittent contact and you will most-likely fix your issue.

#128 7 years ago

I wished they would use the PKE ramp and the switches to create a multiball. Complete pke targets x amount of time then hit pke ramp and depending how many switches you hit you get x amount of balls. 3 switches turns into 4 ball mb. 2 into three, 1 into 2

#129 7 years ago

i had another reset today. Was in the middle of We came we saw off the middle ladder, and game restarted. I'm going to take my code back to 1.11 for now i guess and see if that helps anything, possible i even take it back to 1.10. guess we'll see how 1.11 treats me first

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

i had another reset today. Was in the middle of We came we saw off the middle ladder, and game restarted. I'm going to take my code back to 1.11 for now i guess and see if that helps anything, possible i even take it back to 1.10. guess we'll see how 1.11 treats me first

Was slimer lost on the left by the firehouse when this happened?

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Mines still on 1.10 and never has ths issues of the newer codes... glad i havent upgraded

#132 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

EDIT:The reset has nothing to do with the multiplier maxing. It's something to do with ball search and a lost slimer in 1.12, and is completely repeatable reliably, but unlikely/impossible to get in actual play (I think).

Any chance you could explain how to recreate this? I'd love to try it out. I am compiling a bug list for Dwight and have not seen this happen in v1.12. Thanks.

#133 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Was slimer lost on the left by the firehouse when this happened?

Sorry, i should specify this was on a Pro model... mentioned in my original post a few posts back, but i should reiterate on all posts going forward.

I didnt notice any other particular patterns, but there was a lot of stuff happening, both times its reset was during a major multi ball like Mass Hysteria or We Came We Saw...

#134 7 years ago
Quoted from moondrummer78:

Any chance you could explain how to recreate this? I'd love to try it out. I am compiling a bug list for Dwight and have not seen this happen in v1.12. Thanks.

Sure. I already sent it to [email protected], so they know.

(This is on a Premium 1.12, may not work on Pro, because I think it has to do with the Slimer going hard left).

Glass off for ease of reproduction.
Start game.
Grab ball from shooter lane or launch and catch it
Wait.
Ball Search will start, and slimer will go all the way to the firehouse, unlit, and stay there.
Hit the Ghost Target - Slimer lights up, but stays stuck by firehouse.
Drop ball into Librarian scoop.
Wait.

After hitting the ghost target, you can actually hit anything or anythings and it will always lock, but dropping it in that scoop is just easy. Reboots within 20-30 seconds, but you can usually hear it messing up the sounds or see the video freaking out before it reboots.

EDIT: Took out the skill shot selection because bug happens without it.

#135 7 years ago
Quoted from moondrummer78:

...I am compiling a bug list for Dwight...

did you know him & than have real contact ?

if yes, i'm happy already (and may be you can show me the list in PM, i could add few points you may have forgotten)
if not, than we're already few guys here to be reporting bugs from time, but seems all our infos are lost in the twilight zone :/

now, may be today IS the day !? 31 of december, just before midnight, we could get new codes dropping, KISS, GB, WOF... come on, i'm positive, it will happen !!!

#136 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

did you know him & than have real contact ?
if yes, i'm happy already (and may be you can show me the list in PM, i could add few points you may have forgotten)
if not, than we're already few guys here to be reporting bugs from time, but seems all our infos are lost in the twilight zone :/
now, may be today IS the day !? 31 of december, just before midnight, we could get new codes dropping, KISS, GB, WOF... come on, i'm positive, it will happen !!!

WoF is abandoned. No more code, ever. The other ones...hope springs eternal.

#137 7 years ago

yep i know
in fact it was a bit, just a bit, sarcastic...

#138 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

That's when Gomez needs to step in and explain to Dwight/Lyman that the inserts are there for a reason and to utilize them. I just figured that was part of the process, didn't realize game designers just threw inserts out there hoping the code team would use them all.

Yea Lyman needs his hand slapped and some correction from gomez for going off on a tangent and implementing something like vip pass rather than thoroughly focusing on the game inserts. Good fricken plan dude. If you want a robot that codes the inserts real fast, jist stay away from Lyman games.

#139 7 years ago

Great job reproducing the bug. This is the way you get something fixed and you followed the correct channels. Hope a new update comes soon for the owners. I have no doubt.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Sure. I already sent it to [email protected], so they know.
(This is on a Premium 1.12, may not work on Pro, because I think it has to do with the Slimer going hard left).
Glass off for ease of reproduction.
Start game.
Grab ball from shooter lane or launch and catch it
Wait.
Ball Search will start, and slimer will go all the way to the firehouse, unlit, and stay there.
Hit the Ghost Target - Slimer lights up, but stays stuck by firehouse.
Drop ball into Librarian scoop.
Wait.
After hitting the ghost target, you can actually hit anything or anythings and it will always lock, but dropping it in that scoop is just easy. Reboots within 20-30 seconds, but you can usually hear it messing up the sounds or see the video freaking out before it reboots.
EDIT: Took out the skill shot selection because bug happens without it.

#140 7 years ago

installed red tremor shaker from CoinTaker. Went to adjustments to lower the setting from max to moderate and still fires at max setting.

Even if I set it to off/None, it still shakes at max. Anyone else having this issue?

#141 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

installed red tremor shaker from CoinTaker. Went to adjustments to lower the setting from max to moderate and still fires at max setting.
Even if I set it to off/None, it still shakes at max. Anyone else having this issue?

Change one of the weights so it's at least a 90 degree offset from the other (instead of 0 offset). It will help reduce the vibration. I have a red tremor in my GoT and had to do this. I didn't want a red tremor, but it's what my reseller had brought in for me.

Rob

#142 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I hate those Red Tremor shakers. They shake too hard, even if you adjust the weight offsets. The Stern one or the one Pinball Life sells are WAY more pleasant. Red Tremors are like a jackhammer in your cabinet - not nice.

#143 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

There is no software adjustment for shaking intensity in stern games. It's frequency of when the shaker runs not intensity.

#144 7 years ago

changed the EOS switch and the issue still exists. right flipper drops out at random and sometimes doesn't even flip.
its intermittent.
the EOS opens and closes just like the left. gaped properly. also tried a different node board and issue still exists.
kinda running out of solutions unless its an actual coil issue.
who sells the coil and cabinet switch? cant find them anywhere online.
i tried a new cabinet switch used on other sterns like lotr, elvis, etc and they are really too long and full circle contacts and it makes the flipper worse.

#145 7 years ago

Anyone have an issue with the video mode when you choose the cards? I got through 5 or 6 of them last night and the mode just ended and sent me back to the game. When I played this game before, it would say that you got it wrong and then end the mode. Is it a bug or by design?

#146 7 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Anyone have an issue with the video mode when you choose the cards? I got through 5 or 6 of them last night and the mode just ended and sent me back to the game. When I played this game before, it would say that you got it wrong and then end the mode. Is it a bug or by design?

well, while we're talking about GB, for sure its a bug...

:/

#147 7 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

You might have a switch that's making intermittent contact somewhere on the playfield.

Rob

#148 7 years ago

Issues I have found with the Pro game...

Bugs:

- The DMD frequently says it's going to Light Tobin's Spirit Guide (through pop bumper random triggers, or collecting ghosts) and it almost never does. I have tried to keep an eye on it and I'd say the spirit guide only lights up 1 time in 3 on average when it says it is going to.

- Negative re-enforcement does not always light when the DMD says it is.

- 'Add-A-Ball' is lit when "we came we saw" is lit but not triggered yet? this might be by design, but it seems odd.

- sometimes when the ball goes into the right saucer it immediately pops it out without scoring anything. Like it was just waiting for a contact to eject. this behavior seems very rare and random.

- Hitting the PKE ramp on the right often triggers 2 hits on 'spooked librarian'. I cant tell if that is being triggered by multiple rollovers being hit and its intentional?

Issues and requests:

- the Mass Hysteria is currently not fun. It's just frustrating. I would request one of the following solutions:
- have a Light/sound change when the flippers are reversed. Maybe play music backwards? that would be kinds cool.
- Keep them reversed throughout the mode.
- have the reverse trigger changed to something easier to keep an eye on, like the inlanes, right saucer, or left scoop.

- Triggering the right orbit skillshot during your ball plunge seems to be an easy thing to take advantage of.

- would love to have control over the slingshot power on the Pro.

- Gozer mode is not clear what the objectives are.

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Bugs:
- The DMD frequently says it's going to Light Tobin's Spirit Guide (through pop bumper random triggers, or collecting ghosts) and it almost never does. I have tried to keep an eye on it and I'd say the spirit guide only lights up 1 time in 3 on average when it says it is going to.

Added these two to the OP as I've seen them on the Premium, too. The other ones may be specific to your machine (switch adjustments, etc), or specific to the Pro.

#150 7 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Bugs:

I thought this was a bug, too, but realized I was in a scene. When I completed the scene, the lights were lit. Have you seen this when not in a scene?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 246 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-v112-code-talk/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.