Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 246 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PinLen83
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 246 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

If it was a software bug then everyone on 1.12 would experience it. Most likely you have a switch or hardware issue going on

Nope, it's a bug. I'm having it too. If you lock during a mode, it will often just award the lock and then fail to kick out a new ball or eject one from the scoop (if you already have balls in the subway lock). It will go through 2-3 ball searches until it finally just kicks a new ball out. It's pretty frustrating.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Nope, it's a bug. I'm having it too. If you lock during a mode, it will often just award the lock and then fail to kick out a new ball or eject one from the scoop (if you already have balls in the subway lock). It will go through 2-3 ball searches until it finally just kicks a new ball out. It's pretty frustrating.

Ok,I stand corrected. Odd though, I've put about 80 games on 1.12 and it's not doing it on ours. Wonder why.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

Ok,I stand corrected. Odd though, I've put about 80 games on 1.12 and it's not doing it on ours. Wonder why.

It's not super common. In about 4-5 hours of play, I've seen it maybe 3 times now.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

If it was a software bug then everyone on 1.12 would experience it. Most likely you have a switch or hardware issue going on

You were right, my 3rd Opto for the subway lock stopped working. Stern is sending me another... Weirdly enough, I took it out and the game seems to be working fine.

Anyone know of a way to test? Storage Facility multiball works still. Not familiar enough with the game to know what other modes I can test with..

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

You were right, my 3rd Opto for the subway lock stopped working. Stern is sending me another... Weirdly enough, I took it out and the game seems to be working fine.

Awesome, glad you were able to identify the issue.

#56 7 years ago

Can anyone comment if the inconsistent spook central count down start on animation skip vs no skip has been changed. Making me trade points for my time annoys me.

#57 7 years ago

Looks like it finally went live:

LE/PREMIUM V1.12 - December 9, 2016
===================================
New:
- Slimer Mechanism - shut down device if the mechanism is unable to find the home switch.

Fixes:
- pinnode v0.19.8 - Fixed "weak flipper" issue. This bug manifested itself as a weak flipper
if the flipper EOS switch is working only intermittently during gameplay.
- Added family-friendly version of "We came, we saw..." at end of mode.
- Fixed "no playfield lights" issue caused when the Slimer home switch is not working.
- pinnode v0.20.0 (Fixed motor timeout logic).
- Fixed switch alerts for switches that are not on the LE/Premium:
"LEFT RAMP ENTER", "LEFT RAMP 2", "LEFT RAMP 3"

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

New:
- Slimer Mechanism - shut down device if the mechanism is unable to find the home switch.
Fixes:
- pinnode v0.19.8 - Fixed "weak flipper" issue. This bug manifested itself as a weak flipper
- Fixed "no playfield lights" issue caused when the Slimer home switch is not working.

Added this to the OP, thanks!

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

New:
Fixes:

Great.
Now maybe Dwight can sneak out 1.13 so we can beta test it for him.
I don't mind being a guinea pig.

#60 7 years ago

I had to go to page 2 just to find one of the various GB code threads. I guess with how thin the release notes are there isn't a ton to talk about, but I'd really like to know that this fixes the issues that popped up in 1.10 and 1.11. I skipped 1.11 because 1.10 had the new mode methodology and 1.11 had weak flipper issues. Fixing the video mode lockup and no having the weak flipper issue ever show up would be pretty great.

#61 7 years ago

All these bugs are just disappointing. Potentially the best game in years hindered by sloppy programming bugs. I really want to buy this game but just can't knowing what the current state and support level is. I'm excited/hopeful that it'll get worked out but my confidence isn't high.

#62 7 years ago

I finally updated my pro model on location to 1.12. I'd been waiting for it to be officially released before I did so. I wasn't going to update until the video mode lock up and the weak flippers were fixed. Since it sounds like they are, I'm giving it a try.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

All these bugs are just disappointing. Potentially the best game in years hindered by sloppy programming bugs. I really want to buy this game but just can't knowing what the current state and support level is. I'm excited/hopeful that it'll get worked out but my confidence isn't high.

Sure there are some bugs, and all code for any product has bugs. I've been doing software for over 25 years and this is just a fact of life unless insane amounts of money are spent to make it less prone (think military and telecom).

I have 1.11 installed on our game and I tell you it is a blast to play and really hasn't caused me to care about any of the bugs that are there. I wouldn't even notice most if someone hadn't mentioned it before. Granted I haven't had a weak flipper problem, but that appears fixed now (and was really an EOS switch problem manifesting as a weak flipper which means they modified code to fix a potential hardware issue).

If you like the game and the theme get it, it's totally playable and insanely fun! Oh it is hard, so if you don't like having your butt kicked then you should probably pass, but that's part of the fun for this family...

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

...and really hasn't caused me to care about any of the bugs that are there. I wouldn't even notice most if someone hadn't mentioned it before...

well, cant be agree with this (friendly of course)
depends more of what "kind" of player you are...
than ok, GB is already nice as it, but with code improvement, it could become a real blast

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Go for it. Game is amazing...

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

pinnode v0.19.8 - Fixed "weak flipper" issue. This bug manifested itself as a weak flipper

I remember someone trying to convince people the weak flipper issue was actually an EOS issue. Turns out they were right. Sounds like if you had the weak flipper issue on 1.11 you should look at you EOS.

#67 7 years ago

then why isn't it present during 1.05 or 1.12?

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Got my premium last night and it has 1.12 installed on it from the factory.
Other problem now is that I am having an issue with my subway lock and its giving me errors. Seems like a software issue...

How would you have any idea if this is a software issue? I'm sure it's not because everyone isn't reporting the it. Most likely switch related but there are no details other than "giving me errors" so too many assumptions and guesses to be made.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Perhaps those versions ignore the end of stroke switch.

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

How would you have any idea if this is a software issue? I'm sure it's not because everyone isn't reporting the it. Most likely switch related but there are no details other than "giving me errors" so too many assumptions and guesses to be made.

Yea, i posted yesterday that it was not a software issue. Opto stopped working.

#71 7 years ago

Also could be minimum switch threshold in coding. I remember Markmon telling me about this on the crossbow coding in TWD premium

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

My guess is 1.05 didn't cut off quick enough (or at all) so they made a change. Then anyone with non perfect switches started having issues. So now they've gone back and added some buffering to make sure the EOS is opened for at least so long before they kill the power.

It's very typical to have some sort of glitch protection for contacts like button presses or switches. Sometimes it takes adjusting because you want the smallest bounce time possible so they react the fastest.

If you were having the issue I'd still check the adjustments on your EOS.

#73 7 years ago

This update is disappointing. Just some bugs fixed but not tweaks.

Do you think we get the final code?

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

ACDC and Met took years.... This game even though its been out for 10 months because of production delays its relatively new.

#75 7 years ago

No way this is final. There are still bugs (noted in the OP).

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No way this is final. There are still bugs (noted in the OP).

Ok but about gameplay, would it be added some improvements?

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Still says to shoot purple shots in Ballroom mode when they are really blue.

If your inserts fade they are actually purple. That's Stern "planning ahead."

#78 7 years ago

Ok but about gameplay, would it added some improvements?

I think the game play is all there. They explicitly said it was completed on release.

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I think the game play is all there. They explicitly said it was completed on release.

It's not, they don't even utilize all the inserts.

#80 7 years ago

I went from 1.05 to 1.11 with out any issues on my LE. I can't see any reason to jump on 1.12. It's typical stern again, no big code update until the game has been out for at least a year....disappointing

#81 7 years ago

yeah i've given up hope for a big update. I could have sworn I watched an interview with JT and he mentioned that Dwight had more things planned, but maybe it was an old interview and not real time. I increased my pitch on the playfield to almost 7 today and it does actually help with air balls and so far less time in the pops.

#82 7 years ago

I'm sure the programmers at Stern are kept busy, but I'm continually surprised at the lack of updates. (And I work in software development.) While they do of course move on to new projects after launch, they were also on this long before it became public so it's kind of a wash. Are the frameworks and tooling just not robust? Limited code sharing?

#83 7 years ago

Anyone else having issues with their flashers after the 1.12 update? When I installed 1.12 on my GB pro I set the flashers to "low" in the settings as I always do, and noticed they were just barely flickering (the one above the left scoop is most noticeable). When I set them back to "normal" I still get nothing.

Just curious to see if it's a "code" thing or a "me" thing.

#84 7 years ago

Updated mine to 1.12. No issues so far.

#85 7 years ago

updated to 1.12 but i did notice a noise at boot now like its firing a mech or something at end.

#86 7 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Anyone else having issues with their flashers after the 1.12 update? When I installed 1.12 on my GB pro I set the flashers to "low" in the settings as I always do, and noticed they were just barely flickering (the one above the left scoop is most noticeable). When I set them back to "normal" I still get nothing.
Just curious to see if it's a "code" thing or a "me" thing.

I'll try it on my pro. I need to update to 1.12 first which I am just downloading now.

Rob

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

It's not, they don't even utilize all the inserts.

That isn't a measure of code completion. Maybe Dwight decided (like Lyman did on acdc) that they weren't necessary.

#88 7 years ago

MH MB completely sucks with the reverse flippers, and it pisses me off Dwight still has not given an option to disable it. At least put an audio cue in there that the flippers are being reversed.. such lazy coding

#89 7 years ago

I won't get my GB Premium until Arcade Expo in March so l'll leave up to you guys to R&D the heck out of the game.

How does this valuable info get back to Stern? Are they monitoring/participating in Pinside or do one of you report in to headquarters periodically?

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

MH MB completely sucks with the reverse flippers, and it pisses me off Dwight still has not given an option to disable it. At least put an audio cue in there that the flippers are being reversed.. such lazy coding

I wouldn't go so far as to blame Dwight for this. I wish we could have some indication of reverse flippers too as I hate it the way it is, but Dwight has a boss, and his hands could be tied. I'm sure personally he wants to please everyone as much as possible.

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I wouldn't go so far as to blame Dwight for this. I wish we could have some indication of reverse flippers too as I hate it the way it is, but Dwight has a boss, and his hands could be tied. I'm sure personally he wants to please everyone as much as possible.

Let me add though, that I do understand the frustration!

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I hope for Dwight's sanity he stopped trying to please us Internet forum types long ago...

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

I won't get my GB Premium until Arcade Expo in March so l'll leave up to you guys to R&D the heck out of the game.
How does this valuable info get back to Stern? Are they monitoring/participating in Pinside or do one of you report in to headquarters periodically?

I report actual bugs to [email protected]. Wishlist stuff I post here.

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I hope for Dwight's sanity he stopped trying to please us Internet forum types long ago...

Believe it or not, us internet forum types are the ones who buys games Dwight codes.. crazy right? lol

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

There are two bright inserts in the outlanes that would be great for this. When on - flippers are reversed....when off - flippers are normal.

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

There are two bright inserts in the outlanes that would be great for this. When on - flippers are reversed....when off - flippers are normal.

All it would take is an obvious sound cue for when it changes. Wouldn't take anything more than that.

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

All it would take is an obvious sound cue for when it changes. Wouldn't take anything more than that.

Maybe for home use it wouldn't more, but in a bar or arcade where you can barely hear it a visual cue would be more beneficial.

#98 7 years ago

This is a great idea. At this point anything would be good as double flipping during mh mb is pretty lame.

#99 7 years ago

Has anyone else noticed that with 1.12 on a GB Pro, sometimes the ball isn't diverted to the saucer for a lock?

Rob

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Has anyone else noticed that with 1.12 on a GB Pro, sometimes the ball isn't diverted to the saucer for a lock?
Rob

seems i got it 1 time, i first think i was not following/looking good the game, but now you've said it...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 246 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-v112-code-talk/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.