Direct links to updates:
LE/PREMIUM V1.12 - December 9, 2016
- Slimer Mechanism - shut down device if the mechanism is unable to find the home switch.
- pinnode v0.19.8 - Fixed "weak flipper" issue. This bug manifested itself as a weak flipper
if the flipper EOS switch is working only intermittently during gameplay.
- Added family-friendly version of "We came, we saw..." at end of mode.
- Fixed "no playfield lights" issue caused when the Slimer home switch is not working.
- pinnode v0.20.0 (Fixed motor timeout logic).
- Fixed switch alerts for switches that are not on the LE/Premium:
"LEFT RAMP ENTER", "LEFT RAMP 2", "LEFT RAMP 3"
End of Readme
...I thought this would be a good place to put information about what it fixed and what still is a problem.
ISSUES v1.12 FIXED:
- Bogus tech alerts seem to be gone
- Slimer doesn't get stuck on the far left anymore (unless ball search activates)
- Left flipper power loss
- Game freezing fixed (not sure of the mode, it happened once to me, hasn't happened with 1.12)
- Puts up a "FREE PLAY/PRESS START" attract mode screen in the middle of some modes for a few seconds. This most recently happened again on the "Extra Ball" animation when it changes from Slimer on the left to the car on the right. When it changed to where the car part should have been, I got the attract message instead...
- At least one, possibly two reboot bugs. One (probably) impossible to reproduce with glass on. The other has happened very intermittently and cause isn't known
- Still says to shoot purple shots in Ballroom mode when they are really blue.
- Spelling error. In the Gozer mode, on the screen it says "Gozer the Gozarian" but it should be "Gozer the Gozerian". It's right on the playfield.
- Missing apostrophe on the trivia screen about the Slimer. It says "THAT SLIMER WAS ORIGINALLY NICKNAMED ONIONHEAD BY THE CAST AND CREW BECAUSE OF THE PUPPETS SMELL." It should be "PUPPET'S SMELL"
- General problem with the "DID YOU KNOW THAT?..." trivia screen pairs - it would be better as "DID YOU KNOW THAT?" or "DID YOU KNOW THAT..." and if you want to get really crazy the trivia lines should start with the other half of the ellipses set "..." to continue the thought.
-Captive ball post test is mislabeled "Drop Target Test" in the service menu diagnostics.
NOT A BUG, BUT NEEDS ATTENTION:
- The DMD frequently says it's going to Light Tobin's Spirit Guide (through pop bumper random triggers, or collecting ghosts) and often just doesn't. (This is related to being in a mode - it lights after the mode is over)
- Negative re-enforcement does not always light when the DMD says it will. (This is related to being in a mode - it lights after the mode is over)
- Gozer mode objectives need callouts or screen prompts added.
- Left scoop LIBRARIAN insert/mode not programmed/used
- Hurry up features scoring not reset back to initial low scoring when shoot is missed (left bank target when building with left ramp, and right scoop when building with right lane), that means no matter you'll miss the shot, as activate again the hurry up, and built points are still there... very bad from a player point of view
- Grouping 2 video modes in the right scoop - bad idea! Only NROEA should be there, and DCTS (which is fun!) should be elsewhere (as a mystery award in the left scoop, for example - when not in multiball of course) ... and also, DCTS should become harder each time (more ghost to catch), and of course than delivering more points.
- Inner-inner lanes at slingshots still unused & serve no purpose, could be used to activate (after X hits) a "save ball" on the outlanes (as on ST pro), red inserts in the outlanes could than serve to show the saver is activated, only 1 side at the time, moving with slinghsots
- Terror dog mini mod : why is this completed if you shoot for the right ramp ? Yes, the right single Terror dog target is hard to aim/hit, but its the part of the game, its pinball, and while its hard to get, may be gave more points on just that target.
- MH multiball is a mess and needs visual or audible cues to tell you when flippers are reversed/about to re-reverse if made normal for a time.
MISSING post-1.05, but wanted BACK by pretty much everyone:
- Magna Sling activity/power adjustment