Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 246 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PinLen83
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 246 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 7 years ago

Direct links to updates:

Premium/LE
http://f0727d06e1d39b514478-a613b39d02a32124478c749a23d19af0.r44.cf5.rackcdn.com/ghostbusters_le-1_12.spk

Pro:
http://f0727d06e1d39b514478-a613b39d02a32124478c749a23d19af0.r44.cf5.rackcdn.com/ghostbusters-1_12.spk

LE/PREMIUM V1.12 - December 9, 2016
===================================
New:
- Slimer Mechanism - shut down device if the mechanism is unable to find the home switch.

Fixes:
- pinnode v0.19.8 - Fixed "weak flipper" issue. This bug manifested itself as a weak flipper
if the flipper EOS switch is working only intermittently during gameplay.
- Added family-friendly version of "We came, we saw..." at end of mode.
- Fixed "no playfield lights" issue caused when the Slimer home switch is not working.
- pinnode v0.20.0 (Fixed motor timeout logic).
- Fixed switch alerts for switches that are not on the LE/Premium:
"LEFT RAMP ENTER", "LEFT RAMP 2", "LEFT RAMP 3"
===================================
End of Readme

...I thought this would be a good place to put information about what it fixed and what still is a problem.

ISSUES v1.12 FIXED:
- Bogus tech alerts seem to be gone
- Slimer doesn't get stuck on the far left anymore (unless ball search activates)
- Left flipper power loss
- Game freezing fixed (not sure of the mode, it happened once to me, hasn't happened with 1.12)

PROBLEMS REMAINING:
- Puts up a "FREE PLAY/PRESS START" attract mode screen in the middle of some modes for a few seconds. This most recently happened again on the "Extra Ball" animation when it changes from Slimer on the left to the car on the right. When it changed to where the car part should have been, I got the attract message instead...
- At least one, possibly two reboot bugs. One (probably) impossible to reproduce with glass on. The other has happened very intermittently and cause isn't known
- Still says to shoot purple shots in Ballroom mode when they are really blue.
- Spelling error. In the Gozer mode, on the screen it says "Gozer the Gozarian" but it should be "Gozer the Gozerian". It's right on the playfield.
- Missing apostrophe on the trivia screen about the Slimer. It says "THAT SLIMER WAS ORIGINALLY NICKNAMED ONIONHEAD BY THE CAST AND CREW BECAUSE OF THE PUPPETS SMELL." It should be "PUPPET'S SMELL"
- General problem with the "DID YOU KNOW THAT?..." trivia screen pairs - it would be better as "DID YOU KNOW THAT?" or "DID YOU KNOW THAT..." and if you want to get really crazy the trivia lines should start with the other half of the ellipses set "..." to continue the thought.
-Captive ball post test is mislabeled "Drop Target Test" in the service menu diagnostics.

NOT A BUG, BUT NEEDS ATTENTION:
- The DMD frequently says it's going to Light Tobin's Spirit Guide (through pop bumper random triggers, or collecting ghosts) and often just doesn't. (This is related to being in a mode - it lights after the mode is over)
- Negative re-enforcement does not always light when the DMD says it will. (This is related to being in a mode - it lights after the mode is over)
- Gozer mode objectives need callouts or screen prompts added.
- Left scoop LIBRARIAN insert/mode not programmed/used
- Hurry up features scoring not reset back to initial low scoring when shoot is missed (left bank target when building with left ramp, and right scoop when building with right lane), that means no matter you'll miss the shot, as activate again the hurry up, and built points are still there... very bad from a player point of view
- Grouping 2 video modes in the right scoop - bad idea! Only NROEA should be there, and DCTS (which is fun!) should be elsewhere (as a mystery award in the left scoop, for example - when not in multiball of course) ... and also, DCTS should become harder each time (more ghost to catch), and of course than delivering more points.
- Inner-inner lanes at slingshots still unused & serve no purpose, could be used to activate (after X hits) a "save ball" on the outlanes (as on ST pro), red inserts in the outlanes could than serve to show the saver is activated, only 1 side at the time, moving with slinghsots
- Terror dog mini mod : why is this completed if you shoot for the right ramp ? Yes, the right single Terror dog target is hard to aim/hit, but its the part of the game, its pinball, and while its hard to get, may be gave more points on just that target.
- MH multiball is a mess and needs visual or audible cues to tell you when flippers are reversed/about to re-reverse if made normal for a time.

MISSING post-1.05, but wanted BACK by pretty much everyone:
- Magna Sling activity/power adjustment

#2 7 years ago

Still says to shoot purple shots in Ballroom mode when they are really blue.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Since Stern stealth-released 1.12

Since it hasn't been officially announced, is it possible that 1.12 is still a work in progress?

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Since it hasn't been officially announced, is it possible that 1.12 is still a work in progress?

Likely. I wouldn't call it a stealth release, it is probably just a test build for a specific issue or two.

#5 7 years ago

well, not sure what you (the OP) are waiting for
caming from 1.11 to 1.12 will not change/correct lots of things, as said above just a simple bug or two needing a quick correction (as example the left flipper power off)

now, lets hope a 1.2 code for Xmas/NYD period

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

caming from 1.11 to 1.12 will not change/correct lots of things, as said above just a simple bug or two needing a quick correction (as example the left flipper power off)

I think since there are no release notes he just did this so we can post what is fixed and what is not.
No one is expecting drastic changes in a test code but it is nice to know what it does address.
I'm sure Dwight is much farther along then this by now.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

Just trying to get some kind of documentation on what is addressed in 1.12. From what I've seen, it fixed a number of annoying bugs in 1.11, but I'm sure I didn't find them all, so this is a good place to round them up until we get the next proper release.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Still says to shoot purple shots in Ballroom mode when they are really blue.

Added this to the OP.

#9 7 years ago

1.12 fixed my weak left flipper issue from 1.11

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

1.12 fixed my weak left flipper issue from 1.11

Added to the OP, thanks!

#11 7 years ago

Has anyone seen this before where Stern releases an update and keeps it a secret?

#12 7 years ago

Played about an hour or so on 1.12. They definitely squashed some bugs, but I've noticed that after draining during a mode that the music and mode dots play for a second after the bonus tallies. Kind of sloppy.

Magna slings are definitely a bit more tamed down. In 1.05 you could adjust the sling power. They took that out in 1.10 and it hasn't been back. PLEASE BRING THIS BACK. I miss my slings being super active and lively. In 1.12, they're pretty low power by default, and you can't change it. Hardly any side to side action. It's really frustrating.

#13 7 years ago

I stilling playing 1.05 because of the change in Magna slings too!

#14 7 years ago

In my opinion, Mass Hysteria should stay reversed flippers until the mode ends. i lost all of my balls because of the flippers being switched back to normal then back to reversed without warning. I feel this is really unfair to the player. When you lose your ball due to something out of your control, then the game becomes unfair as no amount of skill will help you. Again, just my opinion. If it were possible to give you a warning before switching back and forth, then skill becomes involved. Maybe have all the lights switch to one color for reversed and another for normal.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

In my opinion, Mass Hysteria should stay reversed flippers until the mode ends. i lost all of my balls because of the flippers being switched back to normal then back to reversed without warning. I feel this is really unfair to the player. When you lose your ball due to something out of your control, then the game becomes unfair as no amount of skill will help you. Again, just my opinion. If it were possible to give you a warning before switching back and forth, then skill becomes involved. Maybe have all the lights switch to one color for reversed and another for normal.

My experience is the opposite, when entering MH the first thing I try to do is reverse the flippers back to normal by hitting the captive ball. If anything I wish there was some fanfare for the mode so you knew you were earning what should be a more than the side note it is treated like.

#16 7 years ago

well again (...), about flipper inversion in MH :

i would too prefer to have the inversion working during all the mode

Taylor : its very hard and difficult to keep an eye on the captive ball, as often, if playing "on the volley", you will hit that captive ball without noticing it...

what we need is a special sound and/or a big visual effect to tell the player that captive ball is just hit (and also about getting the 100th ghost ! as again, the light insert didnt works and serve to just nothing !!!)

and even better, have our own choice in the setup :

- factory setting : inversion going on & off
- choice 2 : no inversion at all
- choice 3 : full inversion during the mode

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just trying to get some kind of documentation on what is addressed in 1.12. From what I've seen, it fixed a number of annoying bugs in 1.11, but I'm sure I didn't find them all, so this is a good place to round them up until we get the next proper release.

yep, i know it of course
but we already get lots of others topic talking about code, even 1.12 i think, and also the 1.11 in which we talked about 1.12
than, its becoming dfficult to post in all of these and no repeat same things
but OK...

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Has anyone seen this before where Stern releases an update and keeps it a secret?

the answer seems to be yes...
and explantion is quite simple : code is release and upped on their site to be available to some guys for play-testing, and if OK link is than shared to evbd

#19 7 years ago

just received my GB premium yesterday and it has 1.05 installed. Wonder why they didn't install 1.11

#20 7 years ago

The ball sometimes gets stuck in the right scoop if you lock during a mode. Had it happen 3 times playing with a friend last night. Doesn't kick on ball search.

#21 7 years ago

I just received my premium and worked fine with 1.05 code. When I installed the 1.11, the slimer goes all the way to the left and goes into a ball searching mode. Stern recommended going back to 1.05 code.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from PrinzFred:

...Stern recommended going back to 1.05 code

so logical heh... !?

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Amen. Hate this mode...typically ends a great ball for me. The idea of a loud visual effect would be good or a setting to force it to stay reversed the entire mode...like TSPP mystery spot. When this crap starts I just try to end it quickly while preserving a ball.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

so logical heh... !?

Makes no sense. That should be a kick in the ass to get a new code released asap...

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from PrinzFred:

I just received my premium and worked fine with 1.05 code. When I installed the 1.11, the slimer goes all the way to the left and goes into a ball searching mode. Stern recommended going back to 1.05 code.

Nah. Go to 1.12. It definitely fixes that and other problems.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I tend to get Mass Hysteria during another multiball. This makes getting MH incredibly miserable. Generally MH just ends up as double flipping as I watch all the balls drain (again, infuriating when it ruins another controlled multiball).

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't know. The magna slings are so lame now. They really dialed them back, which sucks. In 1.05 you can turn them up. I think I'm going to go back to 1.05.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

of course, almost to give it a try
now STERN can't say : go for 1.12... as it still didnt exist for those not reading here

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I tend to get Mass Hysteria during another multiball. This makes getting MH incredibly miserable. Generally MH just ends up as double flipping as I watch all the balls drain (again, infuriating when it ruins another controlled multiball).

This is what makes it less fun, when you lose balls due to the game and not anything to do with you. When I notice it has switched to reverse flippers or back to normal, it's too late, and has nothing to do with skill.

#30 7 years ago

Sticking with 1.11. Not having any problems with it.

#31 7 years ago

It's possible magna slings were filled back due to heat and hardware issues not relating to game play.

#32 7 years ago

I think magna slings work great on 1.11 if you switch the rubbers around on the slings

#33 7 years ago

on code 1.11 PRO version, has anyone ever seen a flipper just drop out period. playing along normal and suddenly the right flipper wont flip for second, then goes back to full power? it never happened with 1.05. switched to 1.11 and it happened the 2nd game played. EOS switch fine and all else mechanically. does 1.12 fix this?

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

on code 1.11 PRO version, has anyone ever seen a flipper just drop out period. playing along normal and suddenly the right flipper wont flip for second, then goes back to full power? it never happened with 1.05. switched to 1.11 and it happened the 2nd game played. EOS switch fine and all else mechanically. does 1.12 fix this?

Yes, it seems to.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I stilling playing 1.05 because of the change in Magna slings too!

That's the reason I stayed on 1.05 as well. But for some reason I can't find the area where the adjustment is. I am wondering if this thing really is haunted.

#36 7 years ago

Does it fix the time out mode bug on skill shot?

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Does it fix the time out mode bug on skill shot?

Explain what this is and I'll check.

#38 7 years ago

Makes ZERO sense to remove the magna sling control

I'm staying with 1.11 until next update

I personally like the MH inversion but should be an option

Still loving this pin

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Makes ZERO sense to remove the magna sling control
I'm staying with 1.11 until next update
I personally like the MH inversion but should be an option
Still loving this pin

Why wouldn't you go back to 1.05 if you want the Magna sling control in the system menu? 1.11 is the same as 1.12, except it has more bugs. Why punish yourself?

#40 7 years ago

Hey Vic, I havent had any problems thus far with 1.11. I would hate to have my magna slings have low power as its such a great feature the way the are.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Why wouldn't you go back to 1.05 if you want the Magna sling control in the system menu? 1.11 is the same as 1.12, except it has more bugs. Why punish yourself?

Isn't the mode functionality completely different in 1.05 vs 1.11? As in continuation of modes after drain? I enjoy the mode continuation a lot and this is a big plus to 1.11 for me.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Hey Vic, I havent had any problems thus far with 1.11. I would hate to have my magna slings have low power as its such a great feature the way the are.

1.11->1.12 doesn't change the magna slings, you just get a lot of bugs fixed. 1.05->1.11 is where you lost the magna sling adjustment.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Isn't the mode functionality completely different in 1.05 vs 1.11? As in continuation of modes after drain? I enjoy the mode continuation a lot and this is a big plus to 1.11 for me.

Yes. The point is, if you're on 1.11, there's no reason not to go to 1.12, because all it does is fix a bunch of bugs in 1.11. IF you're on 1.05 and like the magna sling adjustment ability, the decision to go to 1.12 is harder.

#44 7 years ago

I thought there was a post where they said they lighted up the magna sling power on 1.12

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I thought there was a post where they said they lighted up the magna sling power on 1.12

The adjustment for magna slings to up the power on the system menu was taken out after 1.05. I haven't noticed that 1.12 is more active than 1.11, but it may be just a little. Still, if you have 1.11, you owe it to yourself to install 1.12 - it fixes a number of problems with 1.11 and doesn't have any downsides vs 1.11 that I know of.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The adjustment for magna slings to up the power on the system menu was taken out after 1.05. I haven't noticed that 1.12 is more active than 1.11, but it may be just a little. Still, if you have 1.11, you owe it to yourself to install 1.12 - it fixes a number of problems with 1.11 and doesn't have any downsides vs 1.11 that I know of.

A few people have said 1.12 is less active than 1.11 on the slings?

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

A few people have said 1.12 is less active than 1.11 on the slings?

I haven't noticed a difference at all on the magna slings from 1.11 to 1.12. They always start out less active and get crazy the further you get into a game. For example, I've had it do the one where it pulls the multiballs together and then shoots them away together in both 1.11 and 1.12.

#48 7 years ago

Got my premium last night and it has 1.12 installed on it from the factory.

Other problem now is that I am having an issue with my subway lock and its giving me errors. Seems like a software issue...

#49 7 years ago

stern cant even properly code their pins. they are rushed out of they factory and cross their fingers. we pay the price.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Got my premium last night and it has 1.12 installed on it from the factory.
Other problem now is that I am having an issue with my subway lock and its giving me errors. Seems like a software issue...

If it was a software bug then everyone on 1.12 would experience it. Most likely you have a switch or hardware issue going on

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 103.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
There are 246 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-v112-code-talk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.