cosplay-ghostbusters-stay-puft-kid.jpg
31456.jpg
248086-i.jpg
ghostbuster-beatles.jpg
gif-guy-belly-Slimer-772679[1].gif
Gb hotel1.jpg
image-573.jpg
Kirk Smirk.png
There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 9 years ago

Great theme. If Stern doesn't make one, it would be a great Pinball 2000 kit game

#52 9 years ago

I'd be in for one if they make it, I imagine it would be tied to the third movie, so only if that really gets made. We're probably a ways out on this one, but it's okay to dream.

#53 9 years ago

Do it stern

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'm holding out for the Stanley Kubrick pins, especially A Clockwork Orange and The Shining.

I'd rather have a Full Metal Jacket pin, with R. Lee Ermey doing callouts. I can just hear it now...

"If you don't stop nudging this machine, I will gouge out your eyes and SKULL F--K you!"

#55 9 years ago

Lets all pre-order this pin to make it happen..............wait who we gunna call?

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I imagine it would be tied to the third movie

That would sadly be a bummer for me. I'd like an original cast Ghostbusters. Maybe they could have an "Original Cast Retro 80's LE", LOL.

#57 9 years ago

I'm in for an LE "Slimer" edition!

#58 9 years ago

Part of me wants to get an America's Most Haunted, and replace the music with ghostbusters sound track, and put in audio clips, and replace the ghost with a slimer toy.

The Spooky boys could probably re-theme the whole game for the cost of a license, and sell hundreds more than they will of AMH, just the cold hard reality of why licenses are so powerful.

#59 9 years ago

I'd love a Ghostbusters pin but can't really see that happening.

But to catch a ball in a proton beam (magnet) and have it sucked into a "trap" Sanctum-style for a ball lock would be awesome.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from ranchdrsn:

I cannot begin to imagine the size of the twinkie toy in the middle of the playfield.

There can be a ramp that goes around the playfield with a twinkie graphic on the bottom.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The Spooky boys could probably re-theme the whole game for the cost of a license, and sell hundreds more than they will of AMH, just the cold hard reality of why licenses are so powerful.

Yup. So many people say they want a return to pins with original themes, but it seems like it just isn't practical in today's NIB market.

#62 9 years ago

I saw that this morning and thought to myself..."I can't wait to see the shitstorm of threads on Pinside".

It did not disappoint

Chris

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ghostbusters is a great theme idea, I'd be totally down for that. Isn't there a pretty successful Ghostbusters slot? Wonder if slot themes are in any way comparable to pin themes when it comes to audience.
Lot of good humor, lots of good imagery and ideas for modes and toys, appeals to a wide audience. Gets the campy horror fans without turning off people who aren't normally into that sort of thing. I'm with Rarehero, it's fairly evergreen, and if there's an anniversary and maybe a new movie all the better.

If it coincides with a new movie, it has to have them all in it... like IJ/IJ4. Not just be focused on the new movie.

#64 9 years ago

I would be all over this!!!!ghostbuster-beatles.jpgghostbuster-beatles.jpg!!!!

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

How much will the machine cost?
For the machine, we're gonna have to ask you for four big ones. Four-thousand dollars for that. But we are having a special this week on the Pro or the LE upgrade, and that's only going to come to one-thousand dollars, fortunately.
Five thousand dollars? I had no idea it would be so much. I won't pay it.
_

Gb hotel1.jpg 26 KB

Venkman: Well, that's all right, we can just not build it.

Ray: We certainly can, Dr. Venkman.

Hotel Manager: No, no, no, no! All right! I'll pay anything!

Venkman: Thanks so much.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

It's the 25th anniversary of the movie, and they're going to re-release it in theaters for a short run in the fall. Probably nothing more than paying homage to a great movie and trying to keep people guessing on what's next.

No it is the 30th.

#67 9 years ago

I don't think this was, in any way, a suggestion that Stern was building a GB pin. It looks like Gary has a bunch of similar pictures from some trade show he was at.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I don't think this was, in any way, a suggestion that Stern was building a GB pin. It looks like Gary has a bunch of similar pictures from some trade show he was at.

You are of course, correct, but can't you just let us dream? Not all of us have a GB pin in the house.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from flecom:

10k before xmas

based on the ever increasing prices of new machines, shouldn't this be elevated to something like '12K before xmas'?

#70 9 years ago

A long time ago in a previous career I would attend and work many trade shows, and even after that short period of time I was ready to kill myself. Gary seems to love it. Go figure.

#71 9 years ago

Looks like it is now...

Pony Ghostmuppets: KISSpider-TronRobots Vault Edition.

248086-i.jpg248086-i.jpg

#72 9 years ago

I know it's hip to hate on GBII, but I'd hope they would incorporate a few modes and lines from that movie too. A Vigo painting toy that interacts could be cool.

"On a mountain of skulls in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil! Find me a child that I might live again!"

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

"On a mountain of skulls in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil! Find me a child that I might live again!"

I hope that's a quote from the movie, or your neighbors should really be nervous.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I know it's hip to hate on GBII, but I'd hope they would incorporate a few modes and lines from that movie too. A Vigo painting toy that interacts could be cool.

Gotta have the ghost train in there too!

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

I hope that's a quote from the movie, or your neighbors should really be nervous.

A man's home is his castle!

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from PinJimNC:

Gotta have the ghost train in there too!

Egon: "Did you catch the number on the locomotive?"

Winston: "Sorry, I missed it."

#77 9 years ago

Ghostbusters is one of my dream theme's, and perfect for pinball! Stern or JJP, make it so!

#78 9 years ago

Walking dead- Borg
Games of thrones-Ritchie
Then in 2015- kiss by who ever

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I usually agree with you, but I do not think Back to the Future should be redone

A new BTTF could be incredible - the DE versions kinda blows (and it was my first pin! hehe)

With today's modern rules, they could do some really interesting and fun gameplay requiring you to jump back and forth through time, altering the timeline (and rules/modes).

Christopher Lloyd would probably do custom callouts....he just did a Doc cameo in A Million Ways to Die in the West. I wonder if MJF would finally allow his likeness to be used.

I know it'll never happen, just wishful thinking.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

Looks like it is now...
Pony Ghostmuppets: KISSpider-TronRobots Vault Edition.

248086-i.jpg 43 KB

Master of Ponies

#81 9 years ago

31456.jpg31456.jpg

#82 9 years ago

She's gotta be from Brabusters.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

She's gotta be from Brabusters.

That's who I'm gonna call!

#84 9 years ago

Total Protonic Reversal!!

#85 9 years ago

I heard the GB licence was up for grabs a year back, a few people told me about it, I thought it was an awesome theme but a few people I talked to about it said it was old and dead! I would love to see a GB pin made.

Phil
Pinball Heaven
www.pinball.co.uk

#86 9 years ago

cosplay-ghostbusters-stay-puft-kid.jpgcosplay-ghostbusters-stay-puft-kid.jpg

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballheavenuk:

I thought it was an awesome theme but a few people I talked to about it said it was old and dead!

If the response here and on Facebook is worth anything people still love it. LEGO just did a Ecto-1 kit, they weren't too worried about it selling, it had huge fan backing.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

cosplay-ghostbusters-stay-puft-k... 41 KB

LOL that's my friend Dan's kid....so funny how that went viral.

#89 9 years ago

I thought Kiss was already a signed deal or is that just BS?

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL that's my friend Dan's kid....so funny how that went viral.

That's pretty much the best cosplay ever.

1 week later
#91 9 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I thought Kiss was already a signed deal or is that just BS?

#92 9 years ago

Didn't Harold Ramis pass away recently - seems unlikely a new movie unless they use new actors.

Think it's more likely Gary just having some fun.

#93 9 years ago

Ghostbusters would be great. Good theme, music, and sounds. I could imagine great toys. It can be both funny and family friendly and would mix well in a collection with any of the other Halloween-ish or horror type pins. In an arcade I bet it would be a good money maker... Who doesn't love ghostbusters? That was 30 years ago tho... But seriously much more approachable than walking dead or game of thrones.

#94 9 years ago

If JJP can do Wizard of Oz, then Stern can definitely make Ghostbusters work. It makes more sense than Mustang and if that's doing well then I guess anything is possible.

Make it happen Stern!

#95 9 years ago

Maybe this winter. But this is the season of The Walking Dead pin coming up from Stern.

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

Didn't Harold Ramis pass away recently - seems unlikely a new movie unless they use new actors.
Think it's more likely Gary just having some fun.

Actually, the producers have stated that Harold's death has only made them more determined to press on. Harold Ramis was a believer in a 3rd movie, along with Dan Akroyd.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Maybe this winter. But this is the season of The Walking Dead pin coming up from Stern.

Is TWD going to happen, any verification or just speculation??

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Is TWD going to happen, any verification or just speculation??

I have a good friend who works at Stern. He said it is on Sterns top list of upcoming titles and is a serious contender to be next, if not a shoe in. He's never been wrong but was the last two titles, so Gary may have been just feeding false info to throw everyone off the scent.

He's on an NDA agreement about details. So I only get snippets.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I have a good friend who works at Stern. He said it is on Sterns top list of upcoming titles and is a serious contender to be next, if not a shoe in. He's never been wrong but was the last two titles, so Gary may have been just feeding false info to throw everyone off the scent.

We'll tell everyone we're making Ghostbusters and get them all excited, then release Camaro!

They'll never see it coming!

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

The last two titles would have included Star Trek. How could he be wrong about that? It was the worst kept secret in Pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-up-next-from-stern/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.