cosplay-ghostbusters-stay-puft-kid.jpg
31456.jpg
248086-i.jpg
ghostbuster-beatles.jpg
gif-guy-belly-Slimer-772679[1].gif
Gb hotel1.jpg
image-573.jpg
Kirk Smirk.png
There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 9 years ago

This was on Stern's Facebook page! Doesn't mean anything....but fun to speculate!

IMG_8810.JPGIMG_8810.JPG
#2 9 years ago

Awesome theme. I'd be very tempted.

#3 9 years ago

Its probably nothing, but this year is the 30th anniversary of its release.

#4 9 years ago

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#5 9 years ago

Ghostbusters could be an awesome theme for a pinball machine. I'm surprised one wasn't made back in the 80's/early90's. Maybe the license was too hard to get.

#6 9 years ago

Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

#7 9 years ago

Nah. The obvious next pin is Ghostmuppets: KISSpider-TronRobots Vault Edition.

#8 9 years ago

10k before xmas

#9 9 years ago

I'de be all over this.

#10 9 years ago

It's the 25th anniversary of the movie, and they're going to re-release it in theaters for a short run in the fall. Probably nothing more than paying homage to a great movie and trying to keep people guessing on what's next.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

I'de be all over this.

Yeah, this would be a hard one for me to pass up too.

#12 9 years ago

Inspired by RotorDave's recent route 66 odyssey no doubt, he stopped off at Gary's place I saw.

#13 9 years ago

I would love this! They need to wait for the LCD tho so we can get funny clips

#14 9 years ago

But, but, but I thought it was Walking Dead

Post edited by moderator: Could not remove language so had to remove pic.

#15 9 years ago

Sadly I don't think the toys would be imaginative have good theme integration if it was produced by Stern. Probably a moving ghost you hit with the ball and a ghostbusters van that opens up to lock balls.

#16 9 years ago

that car was just sold at auction. thats where the pix are from.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Inspired by RotorDave's recent route 66 odyssey no doubt, he stopped off at Gary's place I saw.

Well RD did tell Gary to make more IM pins & look what has happened

#18 9 years ago

Awesome. I really hope Stern does make a Ghostbusters pin. I bet it would be a great seller if they did it right and are able to use the original voice actor audio from the films.

#19 9 years ago

I cannot begin to imagine the size of the twinkie toy in the middle of the playfield.

#20 9 years ago

Gary has mentioned a few times he felt that it would have been a good theme back in the day, but it was too late now to act on it. Since some people at Stern seem to pay attention to what seems to be in demand amongst pinball enthusiasts, they may do such a game after all? IM seemed to be popular, JPop's KISS proto got a great response. It will probably depend on the demand.

#21 9 years ago

I would love to see it made (the toys are endless possibilities, StayPuft, the car, the apartment building, Headquarters, etc) but I just don't see it anytime soon....I hope I eat my words on this!

"Listen...you smell something?"

#22 9 years ago

Man, that would be so F'n cool.

#23 9 years ago

Kinda shocking that it never really did end up being a pinball game after all these years.

#24 9 years ago

Nope. Not any of those. This is the one you been waiting on. It was posted to Stern's FB page a bit ago.

stern.jpgstern.jpg

#25 9 years ago

lol.

#26 9 years ago

This is the closest thing to a real GB Pinball.

#27 9 years ago

that be awesome if they do

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Gary has mentioned a few times he felt that it would have been a good theme back in the day, but it was too late now to act on it. Since some people at Stern seem to pay attention to what seems to be in demand amongst pinball enthusiasts, they may do such a game after all? IM seemed to be popular, JPop's KISS proto got a great response. It will probably depend on the demand.

Ghostbusters is an iconic, evergreen theme that will always be loved and has tons of fans. There are certain old movies that you could do modern pins of, and they'd be massively popular. Ghostbusters could be huge...and so would another stab at Back to the Future.

#29 9 years ago

I think the MLP gag is proof that they watch pinside, and proof that they think it's funny we take every ambiguous facebook post as an indicator of the next title. We're a small part of their market. They seem to listen to what we want, but only if it's timely.

#30 9 years ago

I would love that as a theme but Ghostbuster's song would eventually cause suicide. Please something unfunny next, TWD but cool no pinball references or funny call outs.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

This was on Stern's Facebook page! Doesn't mean anything....but fun to speculate!

IMG_8810.JPG 113 KB

Kirk Smirk.pngKirk Smirk.png

Maybe Stern's in a trolling mood or in a 'throw shit at the wall and see what sticks' mood.

#32 9 years ago

GB could be a fun theme from Stern....

After TWD.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ghostbusters is an iconic, evergreen theme that will always be loved and has tons of fans. There are certain old movies that you could do modern pins of, and they'd be massively popular. Ghostbusters could be huge...and so would another stab at Back to the Future.

I usually agree with you, but I do not think back to the future should be redone. Ghostbusters, however could be huge as it is very iconic and has not been done. I'd say Jaws, Ghostbusters and Ferris buellers day off would make good pins

#35 9 years ago

I've learned my lesson. I'll only buy a pin after the code has matured and is mostly complete.
Unless it's Ghostbusters.
I'll take an LE immediately.

One of my fav, under-rated lines:
"It IS a star."

#36 9 years ago

Ghostbusters is a great theme idea, I'd be totally down for that. Isn't there a pretty successful Ghostbusters slot? Wonder if slot themes are in any way comparable to pin themes when it comes to audience.

Lot of good humor, lots of good imagery and ideas for modes and toys, appeals to a wide audience. Gets the campy horror fans without turning off people who aren't normally into that sort of thing. I'm with Rarehero, it's fairly evergreen, and if there's an anniversary and maybe a new movie all the better.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Well RD did tell Gary to make more IM pins & look what has happened

Well, to be fair they said they had been considering it, and I suggested they would sell a lot of them.

Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Gary was loving the hearse but I couldn't get him to ride in it.

I met him again at the IFPA in Denver and he still wouldn't go for a ride in it!!

rd

image-573.jpgimage-573.jpg

#38 9 years ago

I'm holding out for the Stanley Kubrick pins, especially A Clockwork Orange and The Shining.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'm holding out for the Stanley Kubrick pins, especially A Clockwork Orange and The Shining.

Hope you like waiting.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I agree with everything you said, spot on! I bet Stern could easily sell 1k+ Ghostbuster pro pins along with 500 LE's. GB is still a very popular movie today and a lot of people that grew up watching it are now at an age where they can afford a NIB pin. Also, there's a good chance Stern could get Dan Aykroyd to do custom call outs since he seems to live and breathe Ghostbusters.

Just imagine an Ecto-1 LE with police beacon lights on top, red rails and the Ghostbusters logo on the side art. Take my money now! haha

Make it happen Stern! Give the people what they want

#41 9 years ago

There's always Bone Busters Inc. Did Gottleib try and fail to get the license?

#42 9 years ago

Definitely a good theme. Just hope they'd do it justice. It has so much potential.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just imagine an Ecto-1 LE with police beacon lights on top, red rails and the Ghostbusters logo on the side art. Take my money now! haha

Only Stern topper I even seen was the fantastic TOURNAMENT PLAY sign. Was that even cardboard?

I would be in for a premium at least. Depends on which artwork I like better. I will play the crap out of it.

#44 9 years ago

I don't expect it to happen, but if it does, I am in from day 1.

#45 9 years ago

A movie from 30 years ago makes perfect sense. It can go right next to our rock bands from 30 years ago.

#46 9 years ago

How much will the machine cost?

For the machine, we're gonna have to ask you for four big ones. Four-thousand dollars for that. But we are having a special this week on the Pro or the LE upgrade, and that's only going to come to one-thousand dollars, fortunately.

Five thousand dollars? I had no idea it would be so much. I won't pay it.
_
Gb hotel1.jpgGb hotel1.jpg

#47 9 years ago

It's too bad we can't get all of the original cast for new VO. Harold Ramis is busy collecting spores molds and fungus.

#48 9 years ago

I would be in, a pin with humour would be nice

#49 9 years ago

One that I would be interested in. Great theme.

#50 9 years ago

gif-guy-belly-Slimer-772679[1].gifgif-guy-belly-Slimer-772679[1].gif

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 103.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-up-next-from-stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.