(Topic ID: 187386)

Ghostbusters - Strategies that are successful?

By delt31

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by billrz
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I've owned my GB for some time now and feel like I do a lot of the same things over and over. Example - skill shot for right lane mode (who brought the dog) then climb that ladder into MB. I know i can also do other ladders but the skill shot seems to be very important and without hitting it, you're forced into slimer to get modes. Video mode also seems to be worth way too much....

Any suggestions from your experience? On prem btw.

#2 7 years ago

I'm learning to like the left scoop. Hit it outside of modes to either start those modes which us well and good, but to collect good prizes from Tobins. If you get 2x or 3x pf, hit the target to not only start the multiplier, but later as a time extender.

Also try for Scolari if your jackpot is big to get a huge 3x Super. My top Super is 1B.

#3 7 years ago

that's crazy and great advice - keep em coming.

Any plus for the left scoop modes vs others and what skill shot do you start with? Is Tobin just a matter of collecting ghosts right?

#4 7 years ago

The best strategy I think (owned premium for 3plus months) is skill shot most important. First ball I go left scoop hopefully start spooked librarian with skill shot. Then try n finish that mode, either way second ball plunge the k! Then either finish spooked if you haven't or start "back off man". Hit multipliers and finish back off man",by this time you may have 2 in storage, plunge multipliers again and hopefully start wcws and storage mb etc. Big points ! Although. My and the wife's high score came from almost no mode completions. Just straight multiballs ghosts and of course the pke ramp during multiball with multipliers going. For me to get here is so so hard and frustrating. But the payoff when it happens is incomparable. Old Strat is start the left ladder till staypuft and get multipliers. A bit easier, I stopped. Rcause you need to hit pke ramp to finish spooked central and it screws me 90percent of time But the points don't seem to be as big. Also. Video mode with 6 times lit is worth 360M. So it can be worth it in tournements for sure!! GC is 3,699,000,000

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-strategies-that-are-successful?hl=billrz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.