ae11fd_6e99ac31db16459cb88af6dbaae0bc4c~mv2 (resized).jpg
ae11fd_d9f7300154274fcdabdf9c981c65f265~mv2 (resized).jpg
ae11fd_c182f57779bf4a418e28c4a78430c848~mv2 (resized).jpg
library2_grande (resized).jpg
gb blades (resized).jpg
ghostbusters_gameblades1_grande (resized).jpg
Resized_20161127_204514 (resized).jpeg
20161127_204539 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BD_Designs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 7 years ago

I also purchased the ZY blades from Stern and absolutely love them! The artwork is top notch and it blends in quite seamlessly with the rest of the game. One of the aspects that I like about it in terms of design is that the buildings are different scales and at different distances so it gives the sides a lot more depth than other blade art out there. There are also nice details like trees in the foreground around the library on the left and New York harbor (with the Titanic ghost ship from GBII) on the right. This helps break up the repetition of the buildings and makes it feel more like a city.

Getting them installed isn't bad if you remove (or lift up and turn) the playfield. Definitely a 2 person job! I didn't have any Rapid Tack so I just applied soapy water with a spray bottle to the back side of the decals in order to have a little play in lining them up properly. Worked out great! As mentioned above, you will definitely want to squeegee the water out from behind the decals once you have them in place (I actually just used a credit card). Hold a towel at the bottom as you move along the panel to catch the water that comes out. Even if you get a bubble or a ripple, you'll be able to flatten it out by working the squeegee downwards or to either end of the decal. I got a ripple on one of them during the install and was able to just work the ripple down to the back end of the decal to smooth it out.

Sorry for the mediocre pics but you get the idea.

20161127_204539 (resized).jpeg20161127_204539 (resized).jpeg
Resized_20161127_204514 (resized).jpegResized_20161127_204514 (resized).jpeg

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Where did you buy yours from?

I just got them from the Stern shop. Pretty quick shipment too! Only took around 4 days or so to get here with standard shipping.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BD_Designs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-side-blades-who-has-them?tu=BD_Designs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.