• 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by tiesmasc
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GameCredits_(resized).jpg
Ghostbusters_Rulesheet_v1.11(150dpi-p1-20).pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tiesmasc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

This thread will be for discussion, development, and distribution of a Ghostbusters Rulesheet.

This first post in the thread will always link to the latest version for easy reference.

The latest version is currently here --> https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-rulesheet#post-3170045

#2 7 years ago

First draft of the rulesheet attached below in PDF format.

Note: I couldn't upload a high-res version so some images (namely the machine versions) got a little wonky.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Will it have rules for both pro & Prem/LE ?

That is my plan. And it already incorporates them (to the best of my ability from watching the dead flip stream).

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Looks awesome so far!! I should have mine this weekend and will pop the glass off and test lots of stuff out for the thread.

Thank you for the feedback and suggested changes. And help figuring things out with the glass off will be awesome!!!

I will update the rulesheet with this information for the next revision.

Quoted from tpir:

Wizard Mode part is not quite correct. "We're Ready To Believe You" is ALL 9 scenes. "We Came, We Saw..." is either 150 or 200 Ghosts by default? (might also auto-adjust like Extra Ball does by default?) "Are You A God?" is both of the previous + all of the gear + all of the hurry-ups? (not sure about the last part.)

Yes I was guessing as the how exactly "We're Ready to Believe You" and "Are You a God" got qualified. I'll list those as you have described.

Regarding "We Came, We Saw..." the rule card agrees with you... BUT on the Dead Flip video (

) at 1:44:22 he gets Back Off Man! with 90+ ghosts. Then gets 100 ghosts at 1:44:52 and stacks Mass Hysteria (which then stops accumulating ghosts) on top of this mode. Then at 1:45:23 he finished the mode and "We Came, We Saw..." starts blinking (and you can hear Dwight say "Oh you finished the mode, awesome. ... You've got a wizard mode ready on the left ramp... and then he hits the left ramp and starts that mode at 1:45:34. So that occurred at only 100 Ghosts. Also, previously (1:41:19) Jody makes a comment about almost having a ladder complete, Jack asks what that means, and dwight answers wizard mode. So I think the rule card is wrong on how to light We Came We Saw...

I'll put some comments in my working revision to double check how this is started and that it could be how you describe... but hopefully this can be answered soon. [Perhaps this could be one of the first things you test with the glass off... just complete the librarian ladder and avoid doing other things and see if WCWS is qualified or not?]

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I thought that in Tobin’s Spirit Guide you had to double flip yourself to choose your award. So look at the book carefully, remember the order in which the items are listed and than double flip when the item that you want flashes by?
If not flipped, the game awards you one of the awards yourself?

I think the double flip just cancels the display... regardless you get all of the awards. This can be observed in the dead flip video referenced above (same game Jack gets WCWS another player gets PKE frenzy from the scoop and extra ball simultaneously I believe). Also see https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/photos/pb.136972659243.-2207520000.1462885872./10153990438274244/?type=3&theater (which Dwight wrote)... and be sure to look at the other pages near that link which I referenced heavily in creating this document.

#20 7 years ago

To light scenes you must complete a scene, defeat Slimer, or get it through a Tobin award. (Perhaps also pop bumper award. Beyond that I've not found any other way...)

Skill shots at the beginning of a ball can also be used to start scenes (but they won't light them per se).

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I'm getting to the point where I have no idea how I want to plunge. Let's say I'm not touching the buttons and the scene start is on the right orbit. The spring is hard enough that short plunging is not a simple task. If I full plunge, I can often one-time it to the desired shot, but that's not very controlled. Dead bouncing puts it in the right outlane a lot of times, then you get a full autoplunge and are back to square one but without the ball save. Live catching is a little rough with the flippers angled down a decent amount from the factory, which I'm not changing because all of the others are like that. Holding the flipper up from a full plunge (like what we can from the cellar kickout on Whirlwind) gives a pretty big bounce.
I want to get up that 4-scene ladder, and it starts with a safe-ish strategy to getting things started on the plunge. Any thoughts?

That setup sounds a bit brutal... on the game I play locally a full plunge with a dead bounce, held up flipper, or live catch are all possible. Also the kickouts from the left scoop and right saucer go directly to the opposite flipper and can also be caught or dead bounced.

Regarding your question on strategy: The first scenes on the other two ladders are extremely easy (librarian is easiest) so you can start there as well... and then just make sure to not go right into another mode with that scenes last shot... so you can then start on the right orbit scenes.

Quoted from desertT1:

Also, I've finished the second scene on the right side and all 3 scene shots are blinking. I can hit that right side shot 2-3 times and it doesn't start the scene. Does that 3rd scene have a different requirement to start? I haven't noticed a pattern, but have only done it a few times.

I thought only the 3rd scene would be blinking and the other two would be solid. Perhaps you didn't complete the 2nd scene. For that one you need to hit the left ramp to lock in a score and then hit each of the left orbit, left ramp, right orbit, and right ramp 1x.

Also, I've noticed that for starting scenes at the right orbit the shot has to to all the way around so it can be captured by the post... the shot will register when going through the gate but it won't start unless the ball gets all the way around.

#24 7 years ago

Could be a software bug? I believe I had the same thing happen with The Ballroom... completed all lit shots and then nothing else lit but it wouldn't end the mode until it timed out. (But that was 1.00 code).

FYI: A correction to my prior statement... for a skill shot start of scene to the right orbit just getting past the gate is enough. After that, when you are playing a mode if you the right orbit is your last shot getting it to the gate will end the mode (credit the shot) but it won't start the next mode unless it goes around past the PKE lanes.

Also just played a bit tonight and when the game doesn't register slimer hits it becomes a real drag b/c you can't complete some scenes and you can't then get scenes lit beside from skill shots.

Lastly, a potential tournament exploit... for We Came We Saw (2 ball multiball with all shots as super jackpots) I was able to trap a ball on the left flipper and then just repeatedly hit the left ramp from the right flipper... could see a tournament player do this all day and wonder if something that limits the number of collects (while a flipper is held up or something) needs to be instituted.

#26 7 years ago

Updated for code 1.04 primarily in the following sections: spinner, some modes, and wizard mode qualifications. Also reordered some sections and added more eye candy. [and yes I forgot to update the date... will fix in a future version]

Still needs lots of help... especially if any of you have setup that let you record the playfield and DMD while you play and can place those on facebook (being sure to note software code version).

Ghostbusters_Rulesheet_v1.11(150dpi-p1-20).pdfGhostbusters_Rulesheet_v1.11(150dpi-p1-20).pdf

Note: To fit within file size limitations I had to save at 150dpi (so very low resolution) and cut off the last 5 pages (which included copies of all flyers, the Pre/Prem/LE comparison chart, and a few other images)

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I like the document and the updates, but have to bust you a little on something. John Tredeau was the playfield designer. Dwight crushed it on the code side of things.

Agree but I took the credits directly from the Credit Roll that Stern coded into 1.04. I assume they wouldn't have listed Dwight for "Game Design/Software Lead' if he didn't contribute in some way

GameCredits_(resized).jpgGameCredits_(resized).jpg

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Interesting. It hasn't been sitting idle enough to show the credits, so I haven't seen that bit yet.

It's actually a flipper code. When game is in attract mode use the flippers to enter B L R LL R LLL RR where B = both, L = left, R = Right. This was taken from the code release notes for 1.04.

There are other codes (e.g. one for Dead Flip) but I'm not aware of what they are yet.

#31 7 years ago

Found a video of Stay Puft Marshmallow Man mode... will be using to update the rulesheet.

Click on the below if you are interested.

#33 7 years ago

You can actually use that "feature" of the right orbit shot to finish a mode and not start another... for example if you'd prefer to play a different mode that the next one on that ladder.

#40 7 years ago

Thanks all for the 1.05 update info!

I'm curious to see if Stern might implement a "mercy" multiball like what used to exist in some games of the past... basically to help less skilled players to see more of the game and want to put in one more $1... Something that would be on by default but could be easily turned off and automatically turned off if set up in tournament mode.

#44 7 years ago

Update before 1.05 drops and some LE's get into the wild... I hope that the next update after this will have lots of info related to LE/PREM specific items (e.g. ecto goggles, magnaslings, etc.). Would also be nice to remove some of the red text if any of you are so inclined... (I do what I can but without a machine of my own I only get in so many games a week and can't take the glass off to explore some of the more intricate details).

1 week later
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Thanks for the rule sheet. This is very helpful!
So does the SJP value reset between balls? Or does it carry/build throughout your entire game?

I'm not sure. It seems that the SJP base value is always increasing (even from one ball to the next) so I'd guess it doesn't reset. (that said it could change in future software revisions)

1 month later
#64 7 years ago

I've got a revision in progress but not a lot of new details. Was hoping for a new rev to drop which would add more content. At this point I think there are few if any significant software differences between PRO and PREM/LE with regards to how you play the game (i.e. things only available in PREM/LE).

Things I'm also keeping track of as areas of interest that need clarification with regards to how PREM/LE differ from PRO are:
* Sometimes you have to collect Slimer or Scoleri's in the Ecto-Goggles instead of their standard positions.
* Physical Ball Lock - changes strategy of playing modes as the ball will be served up in the plunger lane vs. shot out of the right scoop (unless no more room for locked balls)
* Unsure if/how Right Ramp return to Left Flipper affects PKE Frenzy
* Unsure if/how Right Ramp not having the 3 switches (like in the pro) affects gameplay
* Unsure if/how Slimer moving left/right is modified during modes where he moves up and down (so you really can't hit him). Don't know if he just moves around more or if he hides above pop bumpers and then comes back down.

As always... help and links to gameplay videos are appreciated.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

Is there a 1.05 version of the rulesheet?

The current one includes a bit of 1.05 content (e.g. river of slime) but not all of it. I'm incorporating feedback since the last version and hope to have an update perhaps this week or next.

7 months later
#72 7 years ago
Quoted from Gunnder:

This rule sheet is some great work! After reading I found a few things I didn't know. Will this be updated for the newest code revisions? Some major things have changed since 1.05, particularly the way the modes now can continue even after lost ball (thank you! from rookie pinball player). Thanks and keep up the good work!

Sorry... missed this in my feed.

Happy to update again but to do so I need feedback / help as I can only get so much from the code revision notes and limited play I do myself (as a non-owner).

Was also (optimistically) hoping for another revision with more significant changes but don't know if that will happen.

3 months later
#75 6 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

The link to the latest version doesn't seem to be working.
Is it me, or is the link broken?
Any other way to find the latest version of the rule sheet?

the link to the PDF at the below page worked for me...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-rulesheet#post-3170045

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 103.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tiesmasc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-rulesheet?tu=tiesmasc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.