• 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by tiesmasc
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GameCredits_(resized).jpg
Ghostbusters_Rulesheet_v1.11(150dpi-p1-20).pdf (PDF preview)
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Thanks for the rule sheet. This is very helpful!
So does the SJP value reset between balls? Or does it carry/build throughout your entire game?

I'm not sure. It seems that the SJP base value is always increasing (even from one ball to the next) so I'd guess it doesn't reset. (that said it could change in future software revisions)

3 weeks later
#52 7 years ago

Super Jackpot value carries over from ball to ball if you do not collect one. If you collect a Super during the current ball it will reset back to 1 million when you drain. You can still build it up though during the current ball even after you have collected it as long as you don't drain.

(One of the scoring strategies of the game is going all-in on Supers and building it up for a ridiculous Loopin Supers run with playfield multipliers turned on.)

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Super Jackpot value carries over from ball to ball if you do not collect one. If you collect a Super during the current ball it will reset back to 1 million when you drain. You can still build it up though during the current ball even after you have collected it as long as you don't drain.
(One of the scoring strategies of the game is going all-in on Supers and building it up for a ridiculous Loopin Supers run with playfield multipliers turned on.)

OK, so please remind me. What builds the SJP value?

#54 7 years ago

The thing that botters me the most now:

start storage facility multiball
start frenzy multiball (inversed flippers)

Score huge and the next balls your skillshot can be like 300M a shot... not really correctly balanced imho

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

The thing that botters me the most now:
start storage facility multiball
start frenzy multiball (inversed flippers)
Score huge and the next balls your skillshot can be like 300M a shot... not really correctly balanced imho

1. You still have to make the skillshot.
2. You're only gonna see a 300m skillshot if your score is around 3billion, so you've pretty much already blown it up.

I do agree though that scoring needs to be better balanced. Just the other day on a 2.5B game, bonus on my last ball was 695M.

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Well the skill shot points are just the points for starting the mode...so if you don't make it, hit slimer and then start mode it's the same points I believe.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

OK, so please remind me. What builds the SJP value?

Some ways to build SJP value:
1) Shooting the left scoop
2) Hitting a lit red spinner shot in "Spooked Librarian" mode. For instance, in "Spooked Librarian", the left ramp will be one of the shots lit with a blue arrow. Hit that shot, and then the spinner will light for a short time with a red arrow. Hit the spinner shot while it's lit & it will build your SJP by 100k per spin.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well the skill shot points are just the points for starting the mode...so if you don't make it, hit slimer and then start mode it's the same points I believe.

That's not really right. You don't get any points to speak of just for starting a mode. All of the skillshots, whether from the top lanes or from a blue insert on a mode start shot, award you 10% of your score.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

That's not really right. You don't get any points to speak of just for starting a mode. All of the skillshots, whether from the top lanes or from a blue insert on a mode start shot, award you 10% of your score.

Ok thanks...That's what I originally thought but I could have sworn I started a ball with ladders lit and got the points, which surprised me. Must have been I hit a lit arrow and didn't realize it.

#60 7 years ago

If you start a ball with ladders lit, that's where the "or" part of the skillshot description comes into play. I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to that but for sure, one of the shots is still 10% of score.

#61 7 years ago

The 5 x bonus multiplier skillshot on the top rollovers can be worth a ridiculous amount if you've just collected a huge bonus on previous ball and see that its held, think that needs balancing.

1 week later
#62 7 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

First draft of the rulesheet attached below in PDF format.

Note: I couldn't upload a high-res version so some images (namely the machine versions) got a little wonky.

Really great work on the rule sheet. This is pretty awesome so far.

1 week later
#63 7 years ago

Any revision updates now LE's out and tons of guys have played both games?

#64 7 years ago

I've got a revision in progress but not a lot of new details. Was hoping for a new rev to drop which would add more content. At this point I think there are few if any significant software differences between PRO and PREM/LE with regards to how you play the game (i.e. things only available in PREM/LE).

Things I'm also keeping track of as areas of interest that need clarification with regards to how PREM/LE differ from PRO are:
* Sometimes you have to collect Slimer or Scoleri's in the Ecto-Goggles instead of their standard positions.
* Physical Ball Lock - changes strategy of playing modes as the ball will be served up in the plunger lane vs. shot out of the right scoop (unless no more room for locked balls)
* Unsure if/how Right Ramp return to Left Flipper affects PKE Frenzy
* Unsure if/how Right Ramp not having the 3 switches (like in the pro) affects gameplay
* Unsure if/how Slimer moving left/right is modified during modes where he moves up and down (so you really can't hit him). Don't know if he just moves around more or if he hides above pop bumpers and then comes back down.

As always... help and links to gameplay videos are appreciated.

#65 7 years ago

Slimer does hide at the front of the fire station. I don't recall him going to the city unless you have caught him

#66 7 years ago

Minor point I noticed last night when watching a friend play that I don't think is in your current revision. Right captive ball spots ghost letter (but cannot call slimer). That has changes how I play.

#67 7 years ago

Is there a 1.05 version of the rulesheet?

#68 7 years ago

Amazing!! You guys are way ahead of us who are still waiting for our Pre.s to arrive,

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

Is there a 1.05 version of the rulesheet?

The current one includes a bit of 1.05 content (e.g. river of slime) but not all of it. I'm incorporating feedback since the last version and hope to have an update perhaps this week or next.

3 weeks later
#70 7 years ago

Thanks again, Scott, for assembling and maintaining this.
I updated some details to the GB wiki rulesheet on Tilt forums. It's based on 1.05. The Stay-Puft mode seems to have changed a bit from what you describe (among some other things).

6 months later
#71 7 years ago

This rule sheet is some great work! After reading I found a few things I didn't know. Will this be updated for the newest code revisions? Some major things have changed since 1.05, particularly the way the modes now can continue even after lost ball (thank you! from rookie pinball player). Thanks and keep up the good work!

2 weeks later
#72 7 years ago
Quoted from Gunnder:

This rule sheet is some great work! After reading I found a few things I didn't know. Will this be updated for the newest code revisions? Some major things have changed since 1.05, particularly the way the modes now can continue even after lost ball (thank you! from rookie pinball player). Thanks and keep up the good work!

Sorry... missed this in my feed.

Happy to update again but to do so I need feedback / help as I can only get so much from the code revision notes and limited play I do myself (as a non-owner).

Was also (optimistically) hoping for another revision with more significant changes but don't know if that will happen.

#73 7 years ago

There seems to be an adjustment for "are you a god" multiball save in the latest code....has it finally been added to the game, or have I missed it the whole time?

3 months later
#74 6 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

This first post in the thread will always link to the latest version for easy reference.
The latest version is currently here --> https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-rulesheet#post-3170045

The link to the latest version doesn't seem to be working.

Is it me, or is the link broken?
Any other way to find the latest version of the rule sheet?

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

The link to the latest version doesn't seem to be working.
Is it me, or is the link broken?
Any other way to find the latest version of the rule sheet?

the link to the PDF at the below page worked for me...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-rulesheet#post-3170045

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-rulesheet/page/2?hl=gunnder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.