(Topic ID: 161969)

Ghostbusters Proton Streams still in the WORKS?!!

By Beez

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Damon
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2111 (resized).jpg
IMG_2105 (resized).jpg
jacobs_ladder_1_(resized).jpg
eb7c3267d56191c13e52a0bb4c5b1bd3d08daff6_(resized).png
2f41f40bdc29a720af03f4f2ede3b8eecb2df022_(resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1461584763610_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bwilson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

2nd this. Starting to request extra features (equivalent to DLC in video gaming) for the "full gameplay experience" will do much harm to the hobby.
I've owned a console from every generation from the Nintendo NES right up through the Xbox360. But something happened with my Xbox360 that really turned me off... Constant updates and DLC cash-grabs.
Every time I try to go back to my 360 even to try to watch a movie - Turn on Xbox, sign in, find Netflix in Videos menu... "Netflix requires an update to continue", Click Update, download, reboot, install, reboot, sign in, back to Netflix... movie I want isn't there, now search and I have to rent it from Microsoft after 20 min of update BS? Ugh. Pass.
Same thing for new games. Turn it on, load game, uh oh my Wifi isn't working, configure Wifi, ok, back to game, update available & required to continue, download, reboot, install, reboot, sign in, back to game... "New player updates. Download?", decline, F*ck it, I want to play single player, now let me configure 14 different menus because I have to choose the wind/rain settings for Madden... ugh, I'll go play my old consoles.
I just want to play an Effing game or watch a show, not go through endless updates and countless attempts to suck more money from my wallet. That's what brought me away from the Xbox and back into pinball - that immediate want to play a game, flip a switch, press a button, and off I go. That's what is lost in current generation gaming, and if Pinball loses it too, then screw the new machines.

DLC is just that... EXTRA content. You don't have to download the DLC to get the "full experience". Yeah you need to buy the DLC to enjoy additional content they added to the game, yes. Of course, this has turned into a pitfall of incomplete games supplemented by DLC content. The developers just expect people to pay so they can milk 100 dollars out of a 60 dollar game. DLC used to be real content like expansions and such that really added more things to the game.

Now if DLC for pinballs was really additional content for the game...I'd be all over it. I wouldn't mind purchasing new ROMs or flashing the EPROM for newer code and features years down the line...the cost of this would be a hell of a lot cheaper than any silly mod, topper, etc. and the benefit would be pretty cool if you ask me. I wouldn't mind some of the older games getting a face lift with a new DLC ROM or something of the like for relatively cheap.. if you don't like it just switch back.

Of course, that's not really what would happen. It would probably just give them a reason to come up short on the release code and try to nickel and dime you to death with content updates... pretty much like you have explained.

It could be a good thing though if they did it right...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 103.00
$ 49.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bwilson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-proton-streams-still-in-the-works?tu=Bwilson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.