Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Who-Dey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

is this a game where its worth going with the premium or the pro good enough?

#2 2 years ago

The premium is the better game for sure.

"Worth it" is up to your pocketbook. The magno-slings and less frustrating than the pro slings & a fun novelty.
Premium has an actual right ramp & an actual right scoop.

#3 2 years ago

I played the pro in the wild at 2 different locations, probably 50 games. Enough that I obviously wanted to buy it. Found a great HUO Premium, and I can honestly say its SO MUCH BETTER. So yes, you should buy the premium if you can afford it. The magna slings along are so cool, not to mention everything else they packed on that playfield. We LOVE ours (yes its the honeymoon phase but still, love the speed and challenge of it!)

#4 2 years ago

Both are excellent. I have the Pro, and love it. I prefer the traditional slings on the Pro, rather than the magna-slings of the Premium. The Pro art is better. I prefer the ramps on the Premium, especially the under-playfield ramp. The Octo-goggles are just a gimmick. I think you'd be happy with either, but I'm about 60/40 in favor of Premium. If you're more of a player, go with Pro. If you're more of a collector, go for Premium.

#5 2 years ago

How many times is this question going to be asked? Probably more threads that I have missed:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-or-pro
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-pro-or-premium

#6 2 years ago

Selling my Pro. Looking to buy premium. Though some might adamantly disagree. I think it's one of Stern's best pro games.

#7 2 years ago

I have the Pro. It's a solid game and the best looking of the bunch, but if I did it again, I would've got the Premium.

#8 2 years ago

Pro is great...Premium is even better. I upgraded from the Pro to the Premium after 7 months with no regrets. Try and play both and see what you think.

#9 2 years ago

Both are a lot of fun. With some Sterns I don't feel that the upgrade price to a premium is worth it but for GB premium I do. There are a lot of extra features and toys (unique ones too) that come with the premium that I think help justify the price increase.

#10 2 years ago

Had to backtrack and read these threads. I'm in the same position here wanting a premium but, I happen to love the pro. These threads have confirmed what I've been thinking. Most have favored the premium 3 to 1.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from tk-the-jammer:

Had to backtrack and read these threads. I'm in the same position here wanting a premium but, I happen to love the pro. These threads have confirmed what I've been thinking. Most have favored the premium 3 to 1.

If the cost difference was $1500, I would say premium. But, here in Canada the difference is more like $3000 on already grossly overpriced machines. I have a difficult time justifying even a NIB pro now.

Rob

#12 2 years ago

I noticed that there are almost twice as many Premium/LE GB owners than Pro GB owners on Pinside.

#13 2 years ago

I have a premium but would have been happy to own a pro. Opportunity came along for me. I think pro is least % loss on resale.

#14 2 years ago

Premium is much more fun,worth the extra dough.

I know where you can get an LE

#15 2 years ago

Probably about as many times as someone is seeking help on which game they should buy. Wouldn't bother me if someone asked the same question every day, I'd give them my answer and try and help them.

#16 2 years ago

Premium is better for sure IMO.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
High Bridge, NJ
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodside, NY
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Steele, ND
€ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 69.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside